Best Guitar to get that works with all games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mb42375, Nov 5, 2009.

Nov 5, 2009
  1. mb42375
    OP

Newcomer mb42375 Member

United States
    I want to get a guitar that will work with all my backups. Is there any suggestions on which one is the best and will work for all games? I will be playing guitar hero 5 and after mostly.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The wireless GH3 Les Paul and the GHWT Genericaster seem to have the best compatibility since they are oldest. Both work with every music game with the sole exception of Rock Band 1 and early RB track packs. Unfortunately, both has some hardware issues - GH3 guitars are prone to poor fret response after the neck comes loose over time, and GHWT guitars have unreliable strum bars. Also, neither can use many of the Rock Band-only features (FX switch, solo tap buttons).

I use two GH3 Les Pauls, one GHWT guitar, and one RB2 strat.

3. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    the les paul

it works with every guitar hero/rock band except rock band 1
    even works with band hero and lego rock band.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  5. AdamBrunt

Member AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Another vote for the GH3 Les Paul guitar. Has worked with every game I have thrown at it (though I don't have RB1).

It also, and this may just be personal taste, looks the best with the wiimote in the middle of the faceplate (since the guitar is also white)

6. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've got 2 les pauls here. No real complaints. Every once in a while, I'll need to take the guitar apart and clean the fret buttons. The strum bar was great for a long time but is getting worn now.

Looking at the new wave guitars though, they have a much better feel to them. Can't justify the price though, especially when I got the les pauls for $15 each

7. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Guitar Hero 5 guitar?

It has GHWT buttons, a new digital slider (better than WT slider), and a GH3 strum bar.

It's awesome!