Hacking Best GBA game player to couple with the R4iDS

Rekirts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm a total noob to this kinda thing, recently bought a RSiDS (a mistake, so I've read... but its been working fine for me really...) but I really want something to play GBA games with, games like Mother 3 and such.

I have a DS phat (I'll upgrade sooner or later... maybe...) and as I already said, my DS flashcard is the RSiDS. So whats my best solution? Is it the EZflash3-in-1 or another product? I dont need it to do anything too fancy, just play GBA games. And lets try to keep the price down if possible... Also, will I need to buy a memory card with it? Or do I save the GBA games on the MicroSD card that I use for my DS ones?

First time poster here, hope I did this right without breaking any rules or anything. Just looking for some help. Thanks in advance!

~~Rekirts

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The two best options, IMO, are the M3 GEP and the EZ-Flash 3in1. I use the M3 personally, as it features a real-time-clock which is great for Pokemon games. Both the M3 and 3in1 are around the same price (within a few dollars of eachother, usually).

Either way you'll need to use a homebrew loader like GBA ExpLoader or something, as I don't believe any of the R4 clones feature integrated loaders themselves.

Rekirts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
The two best options, IMO, are the M3 GEP and the EZ-Flash 3in1. I use the M3 personally, as it features a real-time-clock which is great for Pokemon games. Both the M3 and 3in1 are around the same price (within a few dollars of eachother, usually).

Either way you'll need to use a homebrew loader like GBA ExpLoader or something, as I don't believe any of the R4 clones feature integrated loaders themselves.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look into the M3, much appriciated. Do I need to purchuse a memory card or not? Sorry, I'm a complete spaz to this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rekirts said:
TM2-Megatron said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look into the M3, much appriciated. Do I need to purchuse a memory card or not? Sorry, I'm a complete spaz to this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!

A memory card isn't required for either the M3 or 3in1, as both of them require a slot-1 device to function. Both of them load the GBA ROM from the memory card in your slot-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone