Best GBA game player to couple with the R4iDS

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Rekirts, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Rekirts
    OP

Rekirts Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Okay I'm a total noob to this kinda thing, recently bought a RSiDS (a mistake, so I've read... but its been working fine for me really...) but I really want something to play GBA games with, games like Mother 3 and such.

I have a DS phat (I'll upgrade sooner or later... maybe...) and as I already said, my DS flashcard is the RSiDS. So whats my best solution? Is it the EZflash3-in-1 or another product? I dont need it to do anything too fancy, just play GBA games. And lets try to keep the price down if possible... Also, will I need to buy a memory card with it? Or do I save the GBA games on the MicroSD card that I use for my DS ones?

First time poster here, hope I did this right without breaking any rules or anything. Just looking for some help. Thanks in advance!

~~Rekirts

2. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    The two best options, IMO, are the M3 GEP and the EZ-Flash 3in1. I use the M3 personally, as it features a real-time-clock which is great for Pokemon games. Both the M3 and 3in1 are around the same price (within a few dollars of eachother, usually).

Either way you'll need to use a homebrew loader like GBA ExpLoader or something, as I don't believe any of the R4 clones feature integrated loaders themselves.

3. Rekirts
    OP

Rekirts Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look into the M3, much appriciated. Do I need to purchuse a memory card or not? Sorry, I'm a complete spaz to this kind of stuff.

Thanks again!

4. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    A memory card isn't required for either the M3 or 3in1, as both of them require a slot-1 device to function. Both of them load the GBA ROM from the memory card in your slot-1.

5. Rekirts
    OP

Rekirts Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Sweet, thanks again. You've been of much help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice