Best flashcart(s) as of 2010?

Which do you think are the best flashcart or flashcarts as of 2010?

• Acekard 2i

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DSTTi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DS Real

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (and clones)

• SuperCard DSONEi

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sarcasm doesn't work on the internets!

Out of the carts I own I use my acekard mostly because of akaio.

ez flash 5, ds-x, ddst, n-card, Acekard 2, are the carts I own/used so I can't comment on the others.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ducksmash said:
I laugh at whoever voted for the R4 as the BEST Flashcart on the market.

Best at the moment is AK2 in my opinion, but a good case could be made for the original R4 being the "flashcart of the millenium", it was a massive step up from slot-2 devices and was the first cheap, easy to use slot-1 with no patching needed, much better GUI etc. It paved the way for the Cyclo and AK2. It's easy to rubbish it now but it was an amazing bit of kit created by what was then a very talented team.

matt32724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
Sarcasm doesn't work on the internets!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pa...55699997?ref=ts

On Topic: Acekard 2i, because it's the only one I own
biggrin.gif

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matt32724 said:
biggrin.gif

and it's the only one you need to own
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 2 2010, 01:09 PM) The DS and DS Lite fail because they're not backwards compatible with gameboy games or gameboy color games, if we go by your reasoning.
And if we continue to go by that reasoning I suppose the Gamcube fails for not being backwards compatible with N64/SNES/NES games ¬_¬ DSi fails because it's a remake of a remake that does nothing different than what the original DS does. The DS Lite was a huge step forward. Better in every way. The DSi has a crappy camera and it can browse the internet? Maybe a few crappy "DSiware" games as well? Whoopty-doo. And don't even get me started on the DSi XL, that was just a huge step backwards. It's really sad there are 4 handhelds in the same generation.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
girugamarc said:
matt32724 said:
biggrin.gif

and it's the only one you need to own
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 2 2010, 01:09 PM) The DS and DS Lite fail because they're not backwards compatible with gameboy games or gameboy color games, if we go by your reasoning.
And if we continue to go by that reasoning I suppose the Gamcube fails for not being backwards compatible with N64/SNES/NES games ¬_¬ DSi fails because it's a remake of a remake that does nothing different than what the original DS does. The DS Lite was a huge step forward. Better in every way. The DSi has a crappy camera and it can browse the internet? Maybe a few crappy "DSiware" games as well? Whoopty-doo. And don't even get me started on the DSi XL, that was just a huge step backwards. It's really sad there are 4 handhelds in the same generation.

lol das tru m8; str8 and tru all da way

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
shinkukage09 said:
lightyear said:
Thanks...I agree. Who the hell wants to spend 5x as much on another flash cart that does the exact same thing as R4? R4 has the exact same features every single other cart available has. And if you use YS menu, it's even better than most other carts, in the sense that no games need to be patched in order to play.

Your logic fails as hard as you do. And the only, only, ONLY GODDAMN REASON people like you enjoy your damn DS Lite so much is because it has backwards compatibility in it. I swear, they should've NEVER put that on ANYTHING. The SNES didn't have it. The N64 didn't have it. The Gamecube didn't have it. The ONLY reason the Wii has it is because it was built from the damn Gamecube. And if the next Ninty console is built from scratch, rest assured that it probably won't have ANY backwards compatibility.

Instead of comparing the DS/DS Lite to past home consoles (lol). Why not compare it to past handhelds, fool. The GBC is backwards compatible. The GBA is backwards compatible. So why not the DS. DSi fails btw

No. Do you know why they were backward compatibile? BECAUSE THEY USED THE SAME KIND OF CARTRIDGE. They didn't need any special hardware to play them, just special software. Get the facts straight before you start spewing shit please. Because remember, DS and DSLite are NOT backwards compatible with original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. And that's because of differences between GB/GBC gamecarts and GBA gamecarts. Similar, but not the same.

EDIT: Upon reading more of your moronic posts...

QUOTE(lightyear @ Mar 2 2010, 07:46 AM)
The same can be said of your pointless rant about how great a crappy re-released system like DSi is. you must have loved GBA micro too, huh? LMAO
tongue.gif

BTW...backwards compatibility is VERY necessary, man.....without it, we'd never be able to play the games that we all love from when we were kids
smile.gif
My guess is you are a snot-nosed 12 year old who can't appreciate the fact that games like arkanoid & tetris were some of the best games of their time because you can't get over how shiny & pretty some of the graphics on the new consoles are.....you're in for a real shock when you find out gaming isn't all about pretty graphics. In fact, that's one of the lowest deciding factors in a game for most people.

1: Yes, I did like the GBA Micro. Why? Because it's screen was overall better, and I could use it places where I couldn't normally use a normal GBA or SP.

2: Backwards compatibility is a FEATURE. Not a NECESSITY. I don't care if we can't play those games, as most of the old, good ones got RE. MAKES. And calling me a snot-nosed 12 year old is petty, and downright irritating, as I'm without a doubt older then you. I understand that the first generation of games has a HUGE amount of good games but...OH. FREAKING. WAIT. Those consoles/handhelds are discontinued. And...OH. FREAKING. WAIT. We can still play them on the consoles they were meant to be played on.

And you saying anything about me being a graphics whore...go look up some of my posts. I'm as far from a graphics whore as you can get, you utter dipshit. IT's the whole REASON I own a Wii over a PS360.

Grow up, grow a pair, and try adding a new thing called...uh...what was the word again...
COMMON SENSE to your posts please. Your logic still fails miserably.

If troll: 9/10

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
No. Do you know why they were backward compatibile? BECAUSE THEY USED THE SAME KIND OF CARTRIDGE. They didn't need any special hardware to play them, just special software. Get the facts straight before you start spewing shit please. Because remember, DS and DSLite are NOT backwards compatible with original Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. And that's because of differences between GB/GBC gamecarts and GBA gamecarts. Similar, but not the same.

i thought the only reason why the gba was compatible was because they added the legacy hardware? gba micro is not compatible with anything other than gba games

could be wrong though

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, GBA DID have extra hardware for them? Huh. If that's true, my bad. But even then, my point still stands. They were compatible because of special hardware. And even then, they were dropped eventually. It was utterly inevitable that GBA would be dropped as well. Seriously, people act like they didn't see it coming...

Anyway, yeah, the Micro could only play GBA games, nothing else

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't vote Acekard 2i although it is good, the internals are very low grade. M3i Zero gets my vote. CycloDS would get my vote if there was a DSi version but there isn't. M3i Zero works with all DS consoles.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Wait, GBA DID have extra hardware for them? Huh. If that's true, my bad. But even then, my point still stands. They were compatible because of special hardware. And even then, they were dropped eventually. It was utterly inevitable that GBA would be dropped as well. Seriously, people act like they didn't see it coming...

The GBA used a Z80 processor to emulate GB/GBC games and for a sound processor(which is one of the reason the sound is low quality).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
shinkukage09 said:

The GBA used a Z80 processor to emulate GB/GBC games and for a sound processor(which is one of the reason the sound is low quality).

Interesting. I didn't know that; makes sense, I suppose

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility list.
Gameboy
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color games
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color games
Gameboy Advance games
Gameboy Micro
Gameboy Advance games
Nintendo DS
Gameboy Advance games
Nintendo DS games
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DS games

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Compatibility list.
Gameboy
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color games
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy games
Gameboy Color games
Gameboy Advance games
Gameboy Micro
Gameboy Advance games
Nintendo DS
Gameboy Advance games
Nintendo DS games
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DS games

Exactly. Everything gets dropped eventually. The DS will be dropped eventually as well. It's what happens when tech becomes obsolete.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not that this is a DSi thread, but I think it's great. I had an old broken phat at the time the DSi was released, and now I have a sharp, sleek, lighter, brighter machine, reasonably priced, with a lot of untapped potential and access to lots of great DSiware games, cheap and many of which are quality.

Anyways, it doesn't look like Supercard forum's plea for votes did much (still in fourth) which makes sense because of crappy support. Yeah, I like EOS, but it's really a dollar short and a day late.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Exactly. Everything gets dropped eventually. The DS will be dropped eventually as well. It's what happens when tech becomes obsolete.
Problem is, DS and DSi are in the same gen. Things are usually dropped next gen. The fact the DS has it and the DSi doesn't but both are in the same gen makes the DS/DSL better. imo, of course.

Don't mean to derail the topic or anything, but yeah.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP 3000 > DSi

ontopic: I dont care if the dsi doesn't have a gba slot. I have my psp for gba emulation, but, for some people, no gba slot is a big problem. Just get an iplayer or supercard DSTWO (when that comes out.)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
shinkukage09 said:
Problem is, DS and DSi are in the same gen. Things are usually dropped next gen. The fact the DS has it and the DSi doesn't but both are in the same gen makes the DS/DSL better. imo, of course.

Don't mean to derail the topic or anything, but yeah.

The GBA, GBASP, and the GBA Micro are the same gen. GBAMicro lost GB/GBC support. And yeah, this topic's getting derailed. Sorry

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny Tanner said:
Not that this is a DSi thread

Do you see carts for DS listed in the poll???? This is nothing BUT a DSi thread. They have completely ignored the fact that DS lite & fat are still supported by EVERYONE....hence the reason I'm so upset by all of this. DSi is no better than DS lite or DS fat....especially when all we are discussing is the carts available for the nintendo handheld family.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPUzBRjg1E