Best flashcart(s) as of 2010?

Which do you think are the best flashcart or flashcarts as of 2010?

• Acekard 2i

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DSTTi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DS Real

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (and clones)

• SuperCard DSONEi

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go Acekard here we go w00t w00t -votes- I voted M3i as well because I hear its pretty good. I don't have one though

nekoakuma said:
imo ak2i sucks. the only thing that makes it worth it is akaio.
judging by OFFICIAL support and hw/fw, cyclo easily wins it.
summary of this post

"Acekard would suck without it's (unofficial) OS"

no shit. That applies to ALL flashcarts. Whether or not it's an official OS is irrelevant.

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gariscus said:
Sonic4Ever said:
I utterly facepalm at the 364 users who voted for the CycloDS...
Why?
QFT
wink.gif

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i utterly facepalm at sonic4ever's post.

he probably doesn't know what a cyclo is.

every cart seems to have something over the other ones (m3i can play mp3 files from the menu, cyclo has an amazing amount of sexy features, acekard has an open source firmware). but i think that cyclo is still the best feature wise, which is what matters if you ask me. the reason that the ak2i is winning by so much is because it is ALMOST as good, and a lot cheaper. i had some friends who wanted a cyclo, but when they heard about the ak2i they decided to settle for it. oh, and the fact that it doesnt come in a DSi version is not THAT important really.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny Tanner said:
lightyear said:
R4.....R4i sucks, and is nothing but a waste of money....much like the DSi
tongue.gif
Oooooo......a camera.......I have one...so why does my DS need it? And DSi ware is the worst thing ever created!!! there isn't a single game that piques my interest....DS lite, FTW!!!!

Awesome DSi analysis and choice of flashcart.
rolleyes.gif

wink.gif
Thanks...I agree. Who the hell wants to spend 5x as much on another flash cart that does the exact same thing as R4? R4 has the exact same features every single other cart available has. And if you use YS menu, it's even better than most other carts, in the sense that no games need to be patched in order to play.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Danny Tanner said:
lightyear said:
tongue.gif
Oooooo......a camera.......I have one...so why does my DS need it? And DSi ware is the worst thing ever created!!! there isn't a single game that piques my interest....DS lite, FTW!!!!

rolleyes.gif

wink.gif
Thanks...I agree. Who the hell wants to spend 5x as much on another flash cart that does the exact same thing as R4? R4 has the exact same features every single other cart available has. And if you use YS menu, it's even better than most other carts, in the sense that no games need to be patched in order to play.

The R4 and YSMenu have more features then the Cyclo or Supercard?
unsure.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Danny Tanner said:
lightyear said:
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

*sighs* Do you people ever shut up? I swear, you like to hear yourself talking when bashing the DSi. We get it. You don't like it. Good for you, now shut up about it already. We don't care if you don't like the DSi. Some of us do. And someone explain to me how DSiWare is the worst thing ever ,yet WiiWare, and Apple's crApp store which, quite literally, contains almost nothing BUT crap, are not.

Your logic fails as hard as you do. And the only, only, ONLY GODDAMN REASON people like you enjoy your damn DS Lite so much is because it has backwards compatibility in it. I swear, they should've NEVER put that on ANYTHING. The SNES didn't have it. The N64 didn't have it. The Gamecube didn't have it. The ONLY reason the Wii has it is because it was built from the damn Gamecube. And if the next Ninty console is built from scratch, rest assured that it probably won't have ANY backwards compatibility.

Also, lightyear, learn how to recognize sarcasm, as I'm reasonably certain Danny_Tanner was being that. What with the eye roll and all.

Seriously. Shut up about it already. We heard you. You don't like it.

In any case, having tried my friends CycloDS on his DSLite, I can still say that despite the few more features it has, I enjoy the Acekard 2.1/2i better. I don't need useless features. All I want is the ability to play the game, not have my hand held more then it already is throughout a game.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
the reason that the ak2i is winning by so much is because it is ALMOST as good, and a lot cheaper. i had some friends who wanted a cyclo, but when they heard about the ak2i they decided to settle for it. oh, and the fact that it doesnt come in a DSi version is not THAT important really.

Pretty much this. But I disagree with the DSi part. The fact that it does have a DSi version does make a difference. Budget card, very good features, reliable, DSi version - all this make AK2i the choice of flashcart.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
shinkukage09 said:
Gariscus said:
Sonic4Ever said:
I utterly facepalm at the 364 users who voted for the CycloDS...
Why?

Because it's an overpriced, under updated, rather underwhelming card? Team Cyclo can deny the DSi exists all they want, doesn't make it true.
Under updated? Hardly.
rolleyes.gif
Yes, it is probably the most frequently updated flash cart there is, and all the updates are done by the official team, not a third party.
Although if this is about the GUI update, I have no response.
sleep.gif

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
lightyear said:
Danny Tanner said:
lightyear said:
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

Your logic fails as hard as you do. And the only, only, ONLY GODDAMN REASON people like you enjoy your damn DS Lite so much is because it has backwards compatibility in it. I swear, they should've NEVER put that on ANYTHING. The SNES didn't have it. The N64 didn't have it. The Gamecube didn't have it. The ONLY reason the Wii has it is because it was built from the damn Gamecube. And if the next Ninty console is built from scratch, rest assured that it probably won't have ANY backwards compatibility.
Instead of comparing the DS/DS Lite to past home consoles (lol). Why not compare it to past handhelds, fool. The GBC is backwards compatible. The GBA is backwards compatible. So why not the DS. DSi fails btw

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Oh dear - it seems like some1 is trying to fiddle the vote over @ the Supercard Forum
QUOTE said:
GBAtemp launched a poll to see which flashcard will be the "Flashcart of the millenium"

The SC DSonei is currently in fourth position behind Acekard 2i, CycloDS Evolution and M3i zero

Vote for SuperCard if you can, a registered account on GBAtemp is unfortunately needed, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem to create one
Guess we'll have to see what happens now to the poll

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The AK2i is obviously ganna win AKAIO is ripping the values open; shame u cant use it on other carts tho.

The M3i Zero is my personal fav as there is no need 2 waste space with moonshell with the built in media players in both touchpod and sakura. The sakura firmware is by fare the best looking firmware that ive seen and it doesn't lag in movie playing compared to the one in the touchpod - i no, ive used them both.
cool.gif
evil.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chaotix1p said:
The AK2i is obviously ganna win AKAIO is ripping the values open; shame u cant use it on other carts tho.

The M3i Zero is my personal fav as there is no need 2 waste space with moonshell with the built in media players in both touchpod and sakura. The sakura firmware is by fare the best looking firmware that ive seen and it doesn't lag in movie playing compared to the one in the touchpod - i no, ive used them both.
cool.gif
evil.gif

Is it just me or isn't that font just hard to read?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
lightyear said:
Danny Tanner said:
lightyear said:
tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

*sighs* Do you people ever shut up? I swear, you like to hear yourself talking when bashing the DSi. We get it. You don't like it. Good for you, now shut up about it already. We don't care if you don't like the DSi. Some of us do. And someone explain to me how DSiWare is the worst thing ever ,yet WiiWare, and Apple's crApp store which, quite literally, contains almost nothing BUT crap, are not.

Also, lightyear, learn how to recognize sarcasm, as I'm reasonably certain Danny_Tanner was being that. What with the eye roll and all.

In any case, having tried my friends CycloDS on his DSLite, I can still say that despite the few more features it has, I enjoy the Acekard 2.1/2i better. I don't need useless features. All I want is the ability to play the game, not have my hand held more then it already is throughout a game.
1. I never even mentioned wiiware, you tool!!! I hate wiiware with a passion, too....let's actually just make this short & sweet & say I hate all shovelware with a passion, and the person who created the first shovelware game should be taken out back & shot.

2. Fuck apple & everything they have ever made....yes, this includes Ipod....it's a fucking overpriced piece of shit MP3 player with lots of storage.....Oooooooo
tongue.gif
Fuck Ipod...I'll stick with my MP3.

3. I know he was being sarcastic, man.....maybe you need to take some lessons, since you obviously didn't realize I was being sarcastic, as well
tongue.gif

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:11 AM)

The same can be said of your pointless rant about how great a crappy re-released system like DSi is. you must have loved GBA micro too, huh? LMAO
tongue.gif

BTW...backwards compatibility is VERY necessary, man.....without it, we'd never be able to play the games that we all love from when we were kids
smile.gif
My guess is you are a snot-nosed 12 year old who can't appreciate the fact that games like arkanoid & tetris were some of the best games of their time because you can't get over how shiny & pretty some of the graphics on the new consoles are.....you're in for a real shock when you find out gaming isn't all about pretty graphics. In fact, that's one of the lowest deciding factors in a game for most people.

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
Chaotix1p said:

cool.gif
evil.gif

Is it just me or isn't that font just hard to read?

Nah I can read it, but if u really want

The M3i Zero is my personal fav as there is no need 2 waste space with moonshell with the built in media players in both touchpod and sakura. The sakura firmware is by fare the best looking firmware that ive seen and it doesn't lag in movie playing compared to the one in the touchpod - i no, ive used them both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!