Best flashcart(s) as of 2010?

Which do you think are the best flashcart or flashcarts as of 2010?

• Acekard 2i

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DSTTi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DS Real

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (and clones)

• SuperCard DSONEi

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
Do you see carts for DS listed in the poll???? This is nothing BUT a DSi thread. They have completely ignored the fact that DS lite & fat are still supported by EVERYONE....hence the reason I'm so upset by all of this. DSi is no better than DS lite or DS fat....especially when all we are discussing is the carts available for the nintendo handheld family.
...but all of the carts are DS compatible...so they all are carts for DS too...Wouldn't the main reason for them having "i" in their name is to signify additional compatibility with the newer DSi's rather than be carts specifically made for DSi...It's a great way to advertise to all users...DS users can still use them, and they get the DSi users as well because they add an "i" to the name. They all use the same firmware I believe (or at least, similar firmware).

On the other hand, I voted for AK2i because of the overall functionality (though I've never tried one myself). I'm guessing the delete/copy/cut/paste/etc. is better than DSO's and that is pretty much what one-upped the M3i0 since Moonshell2 covers almost everything that M3Sakura does (and more).

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edge. no i, just Edge. cheap and it works. I don't need extra features, i just want a sturdy card that can hold 100s of games, and EDGE fits that bill for a low price.

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

Cyclo was the best and it's still highly capable but its features havent improved in a while while the Acekard team are constantly updating

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

Cyclo was the best and it's still highly capable but its features havent improved in a while while the Acekard team are constantly updating

Its been over 2 months since the last acekard update, so I wouldnt exactly call that constantly updating.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

Its been over 2 months since the last acekard update, so I wouldnt exactly call that constantly updating.
It's architecture made it the first cart to run Sonic and Sega, even without an update, just a patch

BTW How did R4 beat DSTTi, EZ-Flash, G6, iEDGE, and iTouch2?

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Tanas said:
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

It's architecture made it the first cart to run Sonic and Sega, even without an update, just a patch

More people have R4's.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm not sure why AK2 is getting so much feed back for being durable and cheap. EDGE and DSTT are also extremely cheap and offer just as much compatibility (Cannot say for sure for DSTT). The only thing I would consider unique in the AceKard is the ability to copy and paste/delete. It's pretty much a dead feature regardless, since I have no use for it. Other then that, EDGE will offer just as much in it's gui than AK2. Unless I'm missing something that AKAIO somehow delivers.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
tattar8 said:
Tanas said:
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

More people have R4's.
And those same people also think they're the best?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
lightyear said:
Do you see carts for DS listed in the poll???? This is nothing BUT a DSi thread. They have completely ignored the fact that DS lite & fat are still supported by EVERYONE....hence the reason I'm so upset by all of this. DSi is no better than DS lite or DS fat....especially when all we are discussing is the carts available for the nintendo handheld family.
...but all of the carts are DS compatible...so they all are carts for DS too...Wouldn't the main reason for them having "i" in their name is to signify additional compatibility with the newer DSi's rather than be carts specifically made for DSi...It's a great way to advertise to all users...DS users can still use them, and they get the DSi users as well because they add an "i" to the name. They all use the same firmware I believe (or at least, similar firmware).

On the other hand, I voted for AK2i because of the overall functionality (though I've never tried one myself). I'm guessing the delete/copy/cut/paste/etc. is better than DSO's and that is pretty much what one-upped the M3i0 since Moonshell2 covers almost everything that M3Sakura does (and more).
Yup, and I can appreciate that, but I think they also should have listed the DS carts....even if some of them aren't available from the original manufacturer, their clones still are (R4...and R4HC clones)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, lol, I can't believe the R4 is beating the other flash carts except for Supercard, M3i Zero, Cyclo DS Evo, and Acekard 2i. The more the people have R4s, the more votes there'll be for the R4. Why? Because that's probably the only flash cart they have or something and thinks that it's the best without thinking about the other flash carts.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
Wow, lol, I can't believe the R4 is beating the other flash carts except for Supercard, M3i Zero, Cyclo DS Evo, and Acekard 2i. The more the people have R4s, the more votes there'll be for the R4. Why? Because that's probably the only flash cart they have or something and thinks that it's the best without thinking about the other flash carts.
Thats why this pole is meaningless.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
I am r4ymond said:

Heyheyhey! Don't mock my pole! *bashes with a streetsign's pole*

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
Tanas said:
I am r4ymond said:

Heyheyhey! Don't mock my pole! *bashes with a streetsign's pole*
It wont happen again, I promise.
wink.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
Tanas said:
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

You're completely wrong, the game also worked on the M3 and iTouch with just a patch, and it also worked on the SCDS1 and G6Real without the need of any modification, plus the Edge, CycloDS and the SCDS1 get past the AP on Alice in wonderland, does the Acekard 2i?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
Oh well, I guess the SC EOS isn't winning anyone away from their R4's

And best of luck Normatt on the update XD
Yeah it makes no sense that the card with by far the best track record for being able to run games with AP.(and this include the CycloDS) is getting beat by possible the worst.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
eltrut said:
Cyclo and Acekard 2i

They've been trying with Stealth Mode recently, plus there have been about 3 or 4 updates within a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:unsure::unsure::D:D:wub::D:D