Gaming Best/Faster MicroSDHC -> Memory Stick duo adapter

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking into getting one..seeing as I have like 5 MicroSDHC cards lying around useless

I'm pretty sure there are a few cheap ones out there though that are slow as balls, any recommendations?

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read some feedback on the microSD to MS Pro Duo adapter that the read/write are much slower than the actual MS. Some even stated that the SDHC are even slower but did not mention why it is so.
I've thought about getting one as well since an 8G microSD is much cheaper than an 8G MS Pro Duo.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4med4d said:
I've read some feedback on the microSD to MS Pro Duo adapter that the read/write are much slower than the actual MS. Some even stated that the SDHC are even slower but did not mention why it is so.
I've thought about getting one as well since an 8G microSD is much cheaper than an 8G MS Pro Duo.

I use one from DX with a 4GB MicroSD and it's still faster than UMD loading, no lag in music, videos, etc. It really is great, well worth it.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
PikaPika said:
g4med4d said:

I use one from DX with a 4GB MicroSD and it's still faster than UMD loading, no lag in music, videos, etc. It really is great, well worth it.
Ditto here, DX's adapter and Apacer 4G Class6, all good, works even better than DX's third party Pro Duo's.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh wow so you can use microSD cards in a PSP? I'm getting a PSP soon and I didn't know this... this works in Phat?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ackers said:
Oh wow so you can use microSD cards in a PSP? I'm getting a PSP soon and I didn't know this... this works in Phat?

Yup, I have one of these adapters for my Phat and it works just fine with whatever microSD I've thrown at it
yaypsp.gif

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah that's cool. I've got a spare Kingston 4gb which I used to use for my DS but it can be put to good use in my PSP now!
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lelouch said:
Ackers said:

you need an adapter to put the microsdhc in

sku_11241_1.jpg
That's a microSD/microSDHC to SD/SDHC adapter. The one that would be needed would have to be microSD/microSDHC to Memory Stick Duo.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh dang so I'd have to buy a Memory Stick Duo adapter then... anyone have recommendations for buying one in the UK? Preferably, I'd like to buy the pandora battery and the adapter together.

Lelouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Lelouch said:
Ackers said:

you need an adapter to put the microsdhc in

sku_11241_1.jpg
That's a microSD/microSDHC to SD/SDHC adapter. The one that would be needed would have to be microSD/microSDHC to Memory Stick Duo.

ohh didn't know that >.>

woops my fault, ignore my post

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a question: can I use my 4gb microSDHC card as a Magic Memory Card? I'm guessing the answer is no because from what I've seen, you can only use it on genuine Memory Sticks from 256mb to 2gb, no more, no less... is this true?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ackers said:
I got a question: can I use my 4gb microSDHC card as a Magic Memory Card? I'm guessing the answer is no because from what I've seen, you can only use it on genuine Memory Sticks from 256mb to 2gb, no more, no less... is this true?

not really

I made my MMS out of a fake 4gb from deal extreme

works fine for me, ymmv

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tikker said:
Ackers said:

not really

works fine for me, ymmv
on a microsd card or a memory stick?

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheaper? I would argue yes. I picked up a 4GB Class 6 Transcend with Pro Duo Adapter and an 8GB A-Data Class 6 for $50 shipped from Newegg.

So far, I have noticed no issues with using the Pro Duo adapter. I haven't done any thorough testing on speeds yet, though. I've not run into any lag yet, though.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ackers said:
Tikker said:
Ackers said:

not really

works fine for me, ymmv
on a microsd card or a memory stick?

sorry, it was a memstick

was the one included with the pandora battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44