Best exclusive PSP RPGs?

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im a big fan of classic turnbased RPGs and cant decide on any to play on the PSP!
Are there any that are either exclusive or best on Sonys pre-predecessor to the awesome Sony PlayStation Portal Remote Player?

And if so, why not?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few that have got some interesting translations/hacks and might be worth a look.

I normally went for dungeon crawlers on the turn based thing (and there are some decent ones).

If indeed classic turn based RPGs are your thing I should probably point at Crimson Gem Saga. They are not my thing (I burned out on them during the PS1 era and it takes something very special to catch my eye these days with such things) and this does nothing special, though at the same time it follows the formula to a tee. I am not going to throw around words like hidden gem but it could get close to it.

For something more "what I would pick if I was suggesting someone get into the genre" then The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a spectacular effort.

Do also note you have most of the PS1 library and any translations also done for it in this.

Reactions: Nakamichi

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are a few that have got some interesting translations/hacks and might be worth a look.

I normally went for dungeon crawlers on the turn based thing (and there are some decent ones).

If indeed classic turn based RPGs are your thing I should probably point at Crimson Gem Saga. They are not my thing (I burned out on them during the PS1 era and it takes something very special to catch my eye these days with such things) and this does nothing special, though at the same time it follows the formula to a tee. I am not going to throw around words like hidden gem but it could get close to it.

For something more "what I would pick if I was suggesting someone get into the genre" then The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is a spectacular effort.

Do also note you have most of the PS1 library and any translations also done for it in this.
Thank you, i shall start Legend of Heroes then <3

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally I like the three titles of the Legend of Heroes series already officially in english, and three or four other titles translated by fans. Lunar Silver Star is the best port of this title on console. Persona 3 is excellent, but the other three previous titles, improved versions of the PSX titles, are also very good and engaging. As for me, I prefer to play the older, classic PSX JRPG games on PSP (Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Grandia, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Wild Arms 2, Breath of Fire 3/4, Suikoden 1/2, Thousand Arms, PoPoLoCrois 1/2). It's true, they are not exclusive games for the PSP: I admit I went off topic, but I prefer them to the PSP ones. 😋

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Personally I like the three titles of the Legend of Heroes series already officially in english, and three or four other titles translated by fans. Lunar Silver Star is the best port of this title on console. Persona 3 is excellent, but the other three previous titles, improved versions of the PSX titles, are also very good and engaging. As for me, I prefer to play the older, classic PSX JRPG games on PSP (Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Grandia, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Wild Arms 2, Breath of Fire 3/4, Suikoden 1/2, Thousand Arms, PoPoLoCrois 1/2). It's true, they are not exclusive games for the PSP: I admit I went off topic, but I prefer them to the PSP ones. 😋
i remember trying Persona 1 (i think thats what it was??) on ps1 and then found out online i somehow missed out on a recruitable party member somehow by not going to the right place and quit....

im beginning to suspect, as awesome as persona is, that i may have to do this one with a guide by my side ^^;;
I definitely wanna do Persona 1 and both Persona 2 on PSP since they are the best versions, but for Persona 3 im gonna wait for Persona 3 Reload. I suspect that will end up being the best version!

I just started Legend of Heroes and its really cute!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +1