NemesisHunter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What are some of the best DSLite cases you can buy from a trusted source online (Play-Asia, etc.)?

I'm looking for a traveling case (not bulky, but that can hold a decent amount of games and an AC adapter and Hori cleaning cloth, and a DSLite of course) for airplane flights, long car rides and such;

A more portable, commuting-type case for my DSLite (enough to simply shield it from dirt, but that can be used on the go without having to take it out of it's case), when riding the local transportation service or taking a walk to the mall.

What are your opinions? And please provide links if possible.

Thanks in advance!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These two are from websites such as play-asia and renchi.com

For a traveling case, I don't think anything comes big enough to carry the entire AC adapter. For the other things, the Hori Multi Pouch (available at both) suits your needs. It's not exactly bulky, but it is large enough to fit a lot of stuff (without the AC adapter). If you want to bring all this, you might as well just leave the AC adapter in a small traveling bag. Alternatively this is an option (2 separate parts I believe):

Linky

Portable case eh. It depends whether you want style or protection. Tomy has a range of nice cases (socks and [fake] leather cases) which look quite nice. If you want a bit more protection you can purchase those foam shell cases.

I've heard a lot of positive feedback about Joytech Armorlite hard crystal cases. I was thinking about getting one myself, but this kind of device only protects the DS from scratches rather than drops. The case fits so snug that the energy from the fall would just be transferred straight to the DS itself.

EDIT: Actually you should a look yourself at renchi, play-asia (from what I know, the two biggest import retailers since lik-sang), and possibly even eBay.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an ArmourLite for my DS by Joytech (Click pic to redirect to the enlarge one...)

it works pretty well.. but yea.. like what 4saken said.. im sorta scared when it drops... also with the case its also somewhat fun to spin around with.. cause it can spin like a top xD

(sorry for the bad quality ones =/ if you want i can retake pics...)

i also wanted to get a case.. but.. yea im broke... this is the one i would probably get.. if i can find them in the stores...
http://www.joytech.net/6/products/ds%20lit...ech-Pack-XL.htm

i bought my ArmourLite from CircuitCity... and one can be found on Amazon.co.uk but yea...

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the case I'm getting from eBay. I think it'd be good for me since I'm all anal about scratching this thing (mine is black also).

I have the exact same ring as the one on your desk in that picture.
smile.gif
It's one of my favorites along with my dragon ring. /random

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I use an ArmourLite for my DS by Joytech (Click pic to redirect to the enlarge one...)

it works pretty well.. but yea.. like what 4saken said.. im sorta scared when it drops... also with the case its also somewhat fun to spin around with.. cause it can spin like a top xD

i also wanted to get a case.. but.. yea im broke... this is the one i would probably get.. if i can find them in the stores...

i bought my ArmourLite from CircuitCity... and one can be found on Amazon.co.uk but yea...

I bought an exact same onw from Gameshark, it was on sale on Best buy and it came with some cool designs to place between the cover and the DS.

NemesisHunter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I bought an exact same onw from Gameshark, it was on sale on Best buy and it came with some cool designs to place between the cover and the DS.

Are you sure you're not talking about this one : MadCatz Custom Showcase for DSLite??

Is the ArmorLite and the MadCatz product I just linked you the one and same product? If so, I already have the MadCatz one...In fact, I'm creating my very own custom themes for the display images I can fit snug between the plastic shield and the DS. Pretty awesome.

As for cases, I've scrolled through Play-Asia, I have yet to check out Renchi, but so far, I'm opting for the multi-pouch Hori case for DS from Play-Asia :
PA.62139.002.jpg

Reviews look promising. And yes, carrying the AC adapter in the same case that holds the DS and all accessories sounds practical to me, although it also means the case would bulk up...I don't carry many DS games, since I have tendency to transfer my commercial ones as backups unto my Slot-1 Solution, the M3 Simply, so that would save some extra space for cleaning cloths and such.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the ArmorLite and the MadCatz product I just linked you the one and same product? If so, I already have the MadCatz one...In fact, I'm creating my very own custom themes for the display images I can fit snug between the plastic shield and the DS. Pretty awesome.

As for cases, I've scrolled through Play-Asia, I have yet to check out Renchi, but so far, I'm opting for the multi-pouch Hori case for DS from Play-Asia :
PA.62139.002.jpg

Reviews look promising. And yes, carrying the AC adapter in the same case that holds the DS and all accessories sounds practical to me, although it also means the case would bulk up...I don't carry many DS games, since I have tendency to transfer my commercial ones as backups unto my Slot-1 Solution, the M3 Simply, so that would save some extra space for cleaning cloths and such.
i think so similar... mine was just the case and was for $8? i think... im planning to buy one of those MadCatz custom ones as well.. xD where did you find em? i want a cool design xP

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reviews look promising. And yes, carrying the AC adapter in the same case that holds the DS and all accessories sounds practical to me, although it also means the case would bulk up...I don't carry many DS games, since I have tendency to transfer my commercial ones as backups unto my Slot-1 Solution, the M3 Simply, so that would save some extra space for cleaning cloths and such.

I doubt the AC adapter would fit inside the case PROPERLY. I had one, and I've never tried carrying the actual adapter, but the case would surely bulk up to a size which would make it hard to close the plastic zipper

NemesisHunter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt the AC adapter would fit inside the case PROPERLY. I had one, and I've never tried carrying the actual adapter, but the case would surely bulk up to a size which would make it hard to close the plastic zipper

I got it from EBGames for 19.99$. It's a pricey number, but when you consider the fact that you can customize it to your liking, and that the plastic is fairly well-built, you are essentially protecting your investment, the DSLite.

On another note, I wonder if using a crystal shield such as the MadCatz one or the ArmorLite would be compact enough to allow the DSLite to slip within any of the cases we've displayed so far? I have no doubt the multi-pouch Hori case would allow such fit.

I took a look at my DS adapter, and by its dimensions (that I'm completely guessing out of visual analysis
tongue.gif
), it might fit in somewhere. Looking at the Hori Multi-Pouch case, I'm guessing the pouch with the velcro-flap cover holds the console itself, and the zipper compartment would reveal some kind of mesh-net for whatever accessory you might place in there. Who knows, if not the DS AC adapter, maybe at least a portable USB-SD adapter and microSD + adapter?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I took a look at my DS adapter, and by its dimensions (that I'm completely guessing out of visual analysisÂ
tongue.gif
), it might fit in somewhere. Looking at the Hori Multi-Pouch case, I'm guessing the pouch with the velcro-flap cover holds the console itself, and the zipper compartment would reveal some kind of mesh-net for whatever accessory you might place in there. Who knows, if not the DS AC adapter, maybe at least a portable USB-SD adapter and microSD + adapter?

I'm not sure about the clear case fitting inside the Hori pouch, but it MIGHT, considering a large amount of area inside the space for your DSL is of fluffy wool stuff
smile.gif

EDIT: I changed my mind. It probably won't fit. I can't test it since I don't have either a clear case or my Hori Pouch anymore, but it would either not fit, or fit extremely tightly

The plastic zipper compartment opens to a small (doesn't allow thick objects) mesh net for storing whatever you need (I kept my cleaning cloth in here), and there are 2 slots for NDS games and another for a spare stylus. The DS AC adapter may fit, but it will surely bulk up the case.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my old gameboy pouch. I can fit my dslite, I have ten games in nice keychain cases that fit in it "2 nds game fit in one case", and I have the power cord, and also it can hold a little case made to hold games "that came with a different big pouch" it can filt 3 on the left and 3 on the right "gba size carts in a row up or down but you can fit 2 in each and it folds like a binder case. Use that to hold my flash carts and gba games, and spare sd cards "can hold 12 gba sized carts". That little case is about 6in. tall and about 4in. wide, and that fits into the gameboy pouch in the same pocket as the power cord. So pretty much the case is plush and is square shaped and is about 7 inches by 7 inches and 3 inches in depth, and it has a strap to carry it with.
I don't know if they even sell them anymore, but it makes an awesome case to carry everything in and it is not to big, and is organizable as it has 3 pockets "one for nds, one for games, then a big pocket on the back to fits powercord and game case in.
So suprisingly my old gameboy case made a great dslite all in one case.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
or hard case..
PA.70060.001.jpg

I use this case, it is alright but do not use the game cart pouches to store your games, they are loose and your games can fall out when you open the case. If you fail to notice the catridges falling out, you will lose them.

I have to agree with this comment. I have a white pouch and it's gets dirty quite easily, but it also cleans quite easy. It's quite good for protection as I've dropped my DS in it a few times and no problems with damage. It's got a place to hold an extra stylus and the pouch at the back holds my cleaning cloth and USB charger perfectly. Just make sure you keep on eye on your games at all times!

AeroScap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered one of those from dealextreme for 2 pounds something. It is really too cheap to be real but if it fits the description and doesnt fall apart. At 2 quid it's better than nothing!

As long as you dont mind slow delivery! Mine is on it's way, if this thread is still around I'll post some pics of my order!

Also I personally recommend from "Best Skins Ever" their full body DS protection.

my ds looks like it isnt protected but I can grate a key against the lid and still be confident of no scratches. I could take some pics at request but the site shows what it looks like on a video ipod so that's close enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no, cod sucks +1