Hacking best cart for gba?

fishsticks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
which cart has the best compatibility for gba with no slow down?
also, which cart has the least hassle for saving in gba?

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can still find one, I highly recommend EZ Flash II powerstar carts. I'm not aware of any compatibility issues, it has a real time clock for pokemon games, saving is transparent and no slow downs that I'm aware of. In fact, saving on this cart is faster than on the real carts, so if you have a game that you save a lot in it will be faster.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EFA-Linker - as far as I know, it's still the king of compatibility with all the various GBA savetypes. Get the original EFA-Linker in either 256mbit or 512mbit sizes.

My 512mbit EFA holds 6-12 games at once on average, though technically I guess the capacity is 2-16 games, all depending on the size of the games that you load up. If that's not enough capacity for ya, then look at something more recent like an M3miniSD.

For GBA I still prefer the real flashcarts with the memory "on the board" instead of on a removeable SD car card, but the capacity is the weak point for the ol' reliables.

I agree with the other posters that X-rom and EZ-II are also good options.

UnknownShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me where I can buy either the original EFA-Linker 512Mb or the X-ROM 512mb? Are these no longer made? I don't care about DS games, just want a flash card for my GBA-SP. And since it is for my son I want the loader menu to be as simple as possible. That's why I wanted either the EFA-Linker or X-ROM, they have very basic menus that just list your games and nothing else. Makes it easy for a kid to use.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

ps. I'd even buy a used one from somebody if the price is right.

email unknownshadow AT hotmail DOT com

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for EFA, write to jandaman (jandaman.com) and ask if he plans to get more in stock. if theyre gone, then damn. glad I got a second one recently.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ez flash 2 never had a rom it did not work on it
biggrin.gif

touchofgray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does the EZFlash do better than the M3 mini-SD Perfect? I haven't heard anything bad about the M3 (no slowdowns, etc.). The only bad stuff I've heard has been about the competing products.

I'm really leaning towards the M3 mini-SD because I can load a ton of games and make it simple for my kids to use with the GBA SP. Am I making a mistake?

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd recommend an EZ Flash III if you're only gonna use it on a GBA.
Perfect compatibility (never had any problems with it) and still use it every day.

david888-gba

Trophies
XP
Country
i wouldn't recommend M3-MiniSD version, because i got lots of 256MBits GBA games can't work. it's ok if you buy from seller has good reputation, which allow you to exchange a new set.

I used the same rom files, same GM program and same firmware on my friend's M3 Perfect MiniSD (few months old set), the rom files are running fine.

I also tested different brand of Mini SD cards, different FAT and FAT32, check internet for all solution, tried different all the firmware from official website, but not sucess.

Anyhow, all of the files work fine on EZ4. So, i suspect i got a defect M3 MiniSD.

TrippyJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the original EFA Linker anywhere, so I'm gonna ask about the EFA Linker II. How much of a hassle is the lack of EEPROM?

Also, on gamersection there appears to be something called the Long Card. What is it?

Remy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I meant in terms of GBA compatibility. Since there are so many slot 1 carts that are perfect for DS games, it's time to look for a lite slot 2 that's perfect for GBA

oh yeah, is the EZ flash 4 flush?

KingCoder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the original EFA Linker anywhere, so I'm gonna ask about the EFA Linker II. How much of a hassle is the lack of EEPROM?

Also, on gamersection there appears to be something called the Long Card. What is it?

Do NOT get the EFA II. Almost every time I turn off the GBA, I lose ALL of my saves. It needs patching to save with most games, and almost all homebrew needs to be fixed (header problems, etc...) Also, the LED on the card is broken, but that doesn't affect the function at all. The interface is furstrating, and the makers have droped dead, just look at the offical forums: http://www.efa.cc/bbs/. Half of the recents posts have been spam.

I would get an EZ-Flash III/IV/IV Lite Deluxe depending on how much storage you need, and cost.

EDIT: Remy, the IV Lite C/D stickes out about ~1MM, if I recall correctly.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
surprised no one mentioned the EZFA cart. Used to be the best one out there. A little limited in size with todays standard but definitly a user friendly easy to use cart if you can find one.
I love mine :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjjYGUi4G4