Hacking Best card to get as a present?

tiger1807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree with the Acekard 2, it's very easy to use, and there's no need to mess with any of its extra features if you don't want to keep it simple.

Same here. AK2 is good

---------------------------------------------------

I gotta admit, some baaastard gave me a psp slim for free lol smile.gif 100% working. all i have to do is customize i and change faceplate.

that's why i always going to say:
bow.gif
HAIL TO BAAASTARDS
bow.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
lolzed said:
Edit:Whats a Nanna?

Its either a grandmother or a banana.

OP: For a gift, the Edge is user friendly, works well, and is easy. Ak2.1 if you just wanna just go with a cheaper one.

the is like a £1 difference in price, I doubt that many people would base their decision off that....

QUOTE(xzxero @ Nov 19 2008, 04:32 AM)
EDGE is best for your money because if they want the 3in1 expansion pack for gba games, itll work.
also its rom stability and cheat compatibility work great.

acekard has built in support for 3 in 1 too

Leah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't know that TT didn't put stuff in alphabetical order, so I think I will definetely go for an Edge, thanks for the help everyone!
Anyone from UK know any good places to get one from?
I got my M3 and one of the R4's from Model-Gadget and they have an Edge for £14.95!!! Surely that must be fake????!!!! How much have other people paid?!?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Leah said:
I didn't know that TT didn't put stuff in alphabetical order, so I think I will definetely go for an Edge, thanks for the help everyone!
I got my M3 and one of the R4's from Model-Gadget and they have an Edge for £14.95!!! Surely that must be fake????!!!! How much have other people paid?!?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Leah said:

I don't think there's any Edge fakes around at the mo' unless one's snuck past without anyone noticing. I paid 20 quid for mine a couple of months ago.

edit : EmperorOfCanadas link to DX is probably the cheapest you'll find it. Pay the extra couple of quid for insurance and you'll probably have it in a week or so. I usually get the stuff from them within a week.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
OP: For a gift, the Edge is user friendly, works well, and is easy. Ak2.1 if you just wanna just go with a cheaper one.

The Edge isn't a bad flash cart, but the Acekard 2 is less expensive than the Edge and has one of the nicest menu systems available on any flash cart (responsive, simple, extremely skinnable, full stylus support, and pretty).

QUOTE(xzxero @ Nov 19 2008, 12:32 AM) EDGE is best for your money because if they want the 3in1 expansion pack for gba games, itll work.

The Acekard 2 also supports the EZFlash 3-in-1 (and the eWin 2-in-1) for GBA games and browser directly from the menu. Nearly all flash carts have near-100% compatibility and cheat compatibility.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leah said:
I am really shocked how much they have come down in price! Has anyone come across any fake Edge's?

There are no Edge clones that I know of, but the Edge itself may be a clone of the CycloDS (with a cheaper price and fewer features).

-Bri

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
Bri said:
EmperorOfCanada said:

The Edge isn't a bad flash cart, but the Acekard 2 is less expensive than the Edge and has one of the nicest menu systems available on any flash cart (responsive, simple, extremely skinnable, full stylus support, and pretty).

QUOTE(xzxero @ Nov 19 2008, 12:32 AM) EDGE is best for your money because if they want the 3in1 expansion pack for gba games, itll work.

The Acekard 2 also supports the EZFlash 3-in-1 (and the eWin 2-in-1) for GBA games and browser directly from the menu. Nearly all flash carts have near-100% compatibility and cheat compatibility.

-Bri

Does Edge support the EZFlash 3-in-1?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jjgp08 said:
Is the Edge Card plug and play? So do you have to install the software before you use it or does it work straight out of the BOX?

blink.gif

As with all cards you have to install the firmware on to the microsd card first.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beamquaker: I agree with everything you say except for the "very easy to set up" and "nice easy gui" part.

It's no easier to set up than any other cart and its GUI leaves a lot to be desired compared to other carts in a similar price range.

But it IS pretty cheap!

-Bri

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
jjgp08 said:
Is the Edge Card plug and play? So do you have to install the software before you use it or does it work straight out of the BOX?

blink.gif

As with all cards you have to install the firmware on to the microsd card first.

The CycloDS Evolution works straight out of the box.
yaynds.gif

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get the Edge, good stable reliable card. Very good build quality, it also has a very nice packaging that is ideal for a gift.

You dont want a cheap DSTT that has a high chance to be fake or an acekard2 that might get a FAT error after some weeks.

So Edge or Cyclo DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy