Leah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Nanna wants a DS with Slot 1 flashcard for christmas, I have 2 x R4's myself and although they have been really good, as they are not updated anymore I was thinking of getting a TT or an Edge. She doesn't need real time save or slow down or anything like that, I just want to find something reliable that gets updated regularly.
Which card fo you think would be best? All feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TTDS not bad,though annoying cuz the cheats aren't complete in text,Edge is nice too but the best would be M3 or CycloDS,sincethey have good features,EZFlashV gets updated regularly,but not many features in it,any of them are good,but CycloDS is the best
Edit:Whats a Nanna?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say get your Nana an EDGE over the DSTT if you can afford it. It's faster, looks nicer and is more reliable. It's the card I use but I've also got a DSTT and an AK2. The EDGE is also the fastest of the 3 loading.

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Get her a Cyclo DS. It's Christmas anyway, why not get the best?
smile.gif

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
^She just said the extra features are unnecessary. I'd get her the EDGE or Acekard 2, they're both updated quite often, cheap too, from dealextreme.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This might seem cheap to some/most, but give it a chance........it might be a better idea to wrap up one of your R4 carts (hopefully you've still got the box, microsd reader, strap), give that to her and 'treat' yourself to an upgrade.
My main rationale for this, is that whenever Nanna has a problem or issue with a particular game working, etc., you will either know exactly how to fix it, or will be able to test it on your R4 so that you can tell her what to do. Otherwise, you will be back-and-forth between the two of your residences trying to 'educate' her and provide ongoing 'support'.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well depends on how much you love her
tongue.gif

If your feeling generous then a Cyclo would be good
but for a more budget friendly card, I'd go with the EDGE over the DSTT

So a Cyclo, Edge or AceKard 2

Hydromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had EZ V, DSTT and AK2 and I think that AK2 is the best, it's easy to use, fast, cheats work well and has great compaitibility

Leah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I couldn't give her my old R4, thats not very festive!
lecture.gif

I am a bit put off the would never get a CycloDS, as they don't seem to update much, or if they do its only a beta, so its the owners fault if they kill the card using it! Also some people have said to me they have really retarded customer support ie:

Customer: Hello Mr. Cyclo, I am having a problem with "2949 - Chrono Trigger (Japan)" (Or another not-so-troublesome game)
Support: Well the problem is, CycloDS is not for playing ILLEGAL ROMS, its for homebrew, have you tried moonshell, that great.

I can understand how they have to be careful which words they use in advertising, but I think just saying "2949 Fixed" (HINT HINT - GET IT DONE
cry.gif
UK RELEASE IS TOO FAR AWAY) is ample! Or even acknowledging the problem and that it will be fixed!

Think I am leaning towards the EDGE... Hope I dont fall!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Edge is a good cart, but the Acekard 2 has a nicer menu and is cheaper. The Edge is a little sturdier, so if Nanna is particularly hard on her flash carts, the Edge might be a better choice -- otherwise get her the Acekard 2.

If Nanna has trouble with folders, the DSTT might be a good choice because it doesn't display folders (all your games are in one long, unsorted list), but the fact that the DSTT doesn't alphabetize the games might make it difficult for Nanna to find her favorite game if there are too many on the microSD card. Also, there are a lot of DSTT clones out there, so you'd have to be careful to get Nanna a real one or she might be traumatized as her flash cart and microSD card are fried by the new "fake killer" firmware!

-Bri

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
While the CycloDS is the very best, Acekard2 is good and cheap, though lacking in extra features. If all she wants is games, the Acekard2 would be a great choice.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDGE is best for your money because if they want the 3in1 expansion pack for gba games, itll work.
also its rom stability and cheat compatibility work great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1