Hacking Best card for GBA compatibility?

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking around, but I couldn't really find any topic specifying on this issue.
So my question is this, which card is the best for GBA? (As most cards have ~100% DS game compatibility now)
Also, while the card doesn't have to native to it's slot two counterpart (Like a Cyclo + 3-in-1 is fine, but so is the M3 Real), it has to be reasonable to work with, so nothing that requires constant preparation of the ROM (Like patching) before it can be used.

aeSentinel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
forums.ds-xtreme.com
XP
Country
thejellydude said:
Cyclo + 3-in-1 is fine
You just said it yourself. That's the combination I use, and as far as I've seen, it's perfect. As far as I know, the CycloDS is the only flash cart other than the EZ-Flash V that automatically patches DS ROMs for rumble and Opera RAM support, but I could be wrong. However, to my knowledge, there is no Slot-1 card that will automatically patch clean GBA ROMs, but there are a few good DS homebrew programs around that will do it for you, most notably, Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader, which was just updated to version .53. Boot that up, direct it to the ROM you want to run, choose whether to use the 3 in 1's NOR or SRAM and choose the save. In the end it probably doesn't matter what Slot-1 card you use, but I'd recommend the CycloDS, not only because of its great features, but because of its awesome support team.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting a little off-topic, but YSMenu for the DSTT patches the Opera browser. It also patches GBA roms without the need for a GBA loader, but saves don't work yet. I know it supports the Ewin 2in1, and I think it supports one or two other expansion packs.

-Bri

Death50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question so if you wanted to play gba games you would also drag it to your slot 1 micro sd card?

aeSentinel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
forums.ds-xtreme.com
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
The AceKard RPG and the AceKard 2 both natively support the EZ Flash 3 in 1. XD
This increases your options a bit then. GBAtemp's Acekard 2 review has a lot of praise, so you may want to get it instead.

QUOTE(Death50 @ Mar 23 2008, 03:03 PM) quick question so if you wanted to play gba games you would also drag it to your slot 1 micro sd card?
Yes, GBA ROMs are stored on the Slot-1 cart, after which a 3rd party homebrew program is used to copy it into the 3 in 1's NOR or SRAM, so you aren't actually running it from the Slot-1 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over