• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,080
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I thought to myself that I was done buying the Wii U games I wanted but turns out there's some quality games on physical format still worth getting before their price increases.

So far I've purchased Shovel Knight, Mighty No. 9, Devil's Third, Star Fox Zero and Sniper Elite V2 (this is just for collector's purpose because it's factually the worst console version). I try to always buy the English European releases as I don't fancy covers in Portuguese/Spanish/French/Italian/German plus, the resale value would also be lesser as collectors don't care as much for those either (unless they don't exist in English then that's OK).

Next up for me are Paper Mario: Colour Splash (I know, they use the American spelling), Fast Racing NEO, SteamWorld Collection, Teslagrad and Sonic Boom (it's terrible but it's a Sonic game and it received a large update to fix issues while breaking others). Oh, and Darksiders II since I have Darksiders I on pre-order anyway.

Not going to bother get Star Fox Guard on disc since the demo is more than enough and I haven't even finished it (pretty damn boring -- it's just a tower defence game).

If anyone has any titles to recommend feel free to post.

My current collection:
Assassin's Creed: IV Black Flag

Bayonetta 2

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Devil's Third

Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush

Lego: City Undercover

Mario Kart 8

Mighty No. 9

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Pikmin 3

Pokkén Tournament

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water

Rayman: Legends

Shovel Knight

Sniper Elite V2

Sonic: Lost World

Splatoon

Star Fox Zero

Super Mario: 3D World

Super Smash Bros.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
(on pre-order and fully paid)

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

The Wonderful 101

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Yoshi's Wolly World

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Reactions: Sick Wario

MaskedMarvel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same boat here :P Recently picked up Fast Racing NEO (digital) and Pikmin 3.. The only game I'd still really like to get is Pokken Tournament. I have Star Fox bundle and I have to say I enjoyed Guard way more than SF Zero. One game I always recommend when I get the chance is Yoshi Wooly World. Its a bit on the short side but IMO its the best 2D platformer nintendo has made since Super Mario World. Almost every level seems to have a unique gimmick done very well... and its very colourful and uplifting.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Is Sonic: Lost World on Wii U any good? That's probably the only appealing one that I don't have.
The game's a lot of fun to play but the controls, that you have to learn it for yourself since the game does an arsey job at it. Collecting the red rings is a Son of Eggman but thankfully you have 100 lives so you pretty much have infinite tries.

Spoiler: It's a short game.

Reactions: DDTarZan

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's a lot of fun to play but the controls, that you have to learn it for yourself since the game does an arsey job at it. Collecting the red rings is a Son of Eggman but thankfully you have 100 lives so you pretty much have infinite tries.

Spoiler: It's a short game.
Yeesh, I'll pass on it then. It sounds like a train wreck. :P

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will stick to the Brazilian method, I own on disc the bare minimum for me so far

Stuff I own on Disc:
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unmasked

Stuff I own digitally:
NSMB U (original one under 2GB, not the Luigi U combo that is over 13GB in size)
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

At least I do not own Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on Disc like one of my friends :tpi:

Last edited by driverdis,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I will stick to the Brazilian method, I own on disc the bare minimum for me so far

Stuff I own on Disc:
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unmasked

Stuff I own digitally:
NSMB U (original one under 2GB, not the Luigi U combo that is over 13GB in size)
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii VC)

At least I do not own Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on Disc like one of my friends :tpi:
Sonic Boom Wii U has a really bad rep but despite the glitches it feels like it could be fun. For the wrong reasons, of course. :tpi: With the NS coming back the retailers are gonna reduce the prices of Wii U stuff and I will be sure to buy whatever's profitable and for myself. :tpi:

Btw, some more time of honesty: I like scalping people but it's not my fault people buy it. They're willing to. :tpi:

WupPup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before the Switch is released I am stealing all the games I can. Turns out there is some quality shiiiiit out there and I'm just gonna download directly from Nintendo servers. I'm so guileless its funny. Why are you buying them again? Because they are on disk format? Hahahahah.

Reactions: pietempgba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh