Gaming Beat City Appreciation Thread !

kimit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got a chance to play this game I must say it is a real gem! Now if only there weren't so many load times =/

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone knows where I can get sprites/renders of this game? I would like to make theme out of this beautiful game
tongue.gif

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
elixirdream said:
doesn't mean to point my fingers on anyone
just a curious question for those who say actually appreciates this game...
did anyone of you actually by the game?
I will when it comes out on europe. If it has finnish language its just must have!

kimit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately i don't have a legitimate copy as of yet, but @ 20 bucks i will pick one up as soon as i can afford to *or i might just pick up a copy for my girlfriend and mooch off of her*

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
QUOTE said:
[21:34] Guys guys.
[21:35] If Beat City is only average, guess what, guess what I'm going to call it.
[21:35] I will call it "Bit Shitty".
01[21:35] > vague: ohsix beat you to that
[21:36] When
01[21:36] [18:03] hacking beat city
01[21:36] [18:06] butt shitty

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
The longest load times ever for a DS game.
Sadly I lost interest in the game at level 4.
I was already sick of loading by then and the level was too hard for me as the song didn't "get me into a groove" like most rhythm games do.

kimit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with the easy part *and that rhythm heaven is better* but it is a nice distraction from the countless hours i'm spending on Soul Silver.
and Njrg try plugging your ds into a nice speaker system and re evaluate the game you might be surprised if you give the game a little more time to grow on you =)

2stepsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not so sure about having appreciation for this game.. I think it is average at best.

Loading times are plain ridiculous.

But it isn't just the loading times which I don't like, the game failed to capture my interest and after the 4th level I could feel a dull feeling setting in.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
kimit said:
and Njrg try plugging your ds into a nice speaker system and re evaluate the game you might be surprised if you give the game a little more time to grow on you =)
The sound quality you get from a $70 pair of headphones far outweigh and other external speaker system.
When I say the game/level 4 does a horrible job at getting me into the feel for rhythm, I meant it.
Rhythm Heaven has no problem with this and I play it with stock DS speakers at 40-50% volume.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont have to buy a legit copy in order to appreciate the game, and i dont understand why people go crazy about load times, they dont bother me at all, if you people whine about waiting for a game to start i would hate to see how impatient you are in real life, but yea i like this game, it confused me at first, but i got the hang of it, and i must say its really great

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Because there are too long load times way too often to tolerate on a cartridge based game.
Its acceptable on other games because you've come to expect that the laser need time to read everything. On DS its almost unacceptable to most people. Especially on a game with not much content and doesn't seem to push the system like 3D games would.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
I really don't like it, it seems to be a failed attempt of Rhythm Paradise/Heaven.

Agreed! I usually like rhythm games, but this one seems way too boring and simplistic.. And the load times were annoying too, considering how basic the graphics are! Why the hell does it take that long to load?

Anyway, if you liked this you should definitely check out Rhythm Heaven/Paradise if you havent already.

And Elite Beat Agents.

And I think there's a few others, but cant remember right now.

EDIT: Ohh that Taiko Drum Master game thing, although it's only out in Japanese right now D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2