Stercate79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify:
This is a different kind of Nag.
The Classic Nag is when your console downloads an update, and it shows you that you have to update your console. You can bypass this by simply going through the recovery mode, which deletes the downloaded update. Classic nag:
Switch-update.jpg
Then there is this thing, which i call the Super Nag, we tried everything, but nothing seems to remove it. It basically shows that you have to download the latest update first, and it blocks you from doing any online activity.
89beb05911bd177679ce0d19e341dcd7.png

It's currently unknown how this Nag "activates", for the time being, keep airplane mode on.
EDIT:
FIX FOR THE SUPERNAG:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gag-order-a-fix-for-supernag.505765/

Last edited by Stercate79,
D

Deleted User

I know less than the average noob about the Switch's firmware and privilege (de)escalation, but chances are this is a lot higher on the privilege chain. My only explanation is that it is a different color than the background, and probably won't ever match the backgrounds color.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Stercate79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know less than the average noob about the Switch's firmware and privilege (de)escalation, but chances are this is a lot higher on the privilege chain. My only explanation is that it is a different color than the background, and probably won't ever match the backgrounds color.
SciresM wrote a detailed description on how this works

D

Deleted-442439

the function in question is managed by the NS sysmodule, in terms privileges it is managed by the kernel.

Stercate79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well i don't really follow the switch scene. just the title of this thread caught my attention. I might read it later

thanks for telling me tho :P
Basically Nintendo is sending informations to internet connected Switches, this information changes a value from 0 to 1 which blocks any online activity unless you update. It's currently unknown from what ip Nintendo is sending these packets, this is why airplane mode is recommended.

D

Deleted User

Basically Nintendo is sending informations to internet connected Switches, this information changes a value from 0 to 1 which blocks any online activity unless you update. It's currently unknown from what ip Nintendo is sending these packets, this is why airplane mode is recommended.
Props to you for dumbing it down enough for me to understand. :)

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put a sticky note over the nag, notice gone!

If we ever get such advanced tools that we can edit the internal code and files of Switch, could we just permanently disable and delete all future update nags? Or just set the FW to be at the highest possible value, like what you can do on the Wii U?

D

Deleted User

If we ever get such advanced tools that we can edit the internal code and files of Switch, could we just permanently disable and delete all future update nags? Or just set the FW to be at the highest possible value, like what you can do on the Wii U?
Custom Firmware is essentially, Custom Firmware. Meaning that all aspects of the system could be rewritten as long as we knew what we were doing. It will likely be possible.

D

Deleted-442439

We have those tools ;) Fusee Gelee let's us patch anything we want

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify:
This is a different kind of Nag.
The Classic Nag is when your console downloads an update, and it shows you that you have to update your console. You can bypass this by simply going through the recovery mode, which deletes the downloaded update. Classic nag:
Switch-update.jpg
Then there is this thing, which i call the Super Nag, we tried everything, but nothing seems to remove it. It basically shows that you have to download the latest update first, and it blocks you from doing any online activity.
89beb05911bd177679ce0d19e341dcd7.png

It's currently unknown how this Nag "activates", for the time being, keep airplane mode on.
This is on 3.0.0 or 4.1.0?

PatrickJr

Trophies
Website
grimtech.co.uk
XP
Country

if only we can place sticky notes over things we don't wanna see huh

Reactions: Shadow#1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-