ROM Hack Be-All-End-All fix for GTA

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being the perfectionist that I am, I cant stand lag when it is not supposed to be there. I have looked for hours on how to fix GTA, but none of them are really clear on how to get it to run perfectly.

I have an acekard2i. Can anyone tell me what t do?

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A kingston 4 GB SDHC. I know they arent the greateest, but I thuoght that it didnt really manner anymore with these new flashcarts...

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally, I simply downloaded gta-xpa, put akaio on my acekard2i, and tried to play it. I keep reading how this game does not lag, and yet it still lags. What Should I do: arm7 and/or arm 9 patch, or the ar fix? I want it to run perfectly, and I can't seem to pinpoint how to do so.

jaybud4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm feeling it too, running a clean ROM that was unpacked, arm7 patched, and then repacked, trimming it down to 119MB.
Running a clean ROM with the AR fix may be the way.

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaybud4 said:
I'm feeling it too, running a clean ROM that was unpacked, arm7 patched, and then repacked, trimming it down to 119MB.
Running a clean ROM with the AR fix may be the way.
Are you saying that you have lag too?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4 GB Kingston Micro SDHC as well and I'm using the AR fix. I get no lag at all.

It could be:
Your flashcart (I have M3 Real with Sakura)
or That your card is almost full (I don't know if this is a fact or not but Harddrives, Flashdrives, and Cards run/get read slower the more they have on them, and for my hardrives, cards, and I that's true.)

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an AceKard 2i with AKAIO 1.4 on, i experience no lag in anygame. You could try formatting your SD card (after backing it up) most people seem to recomend using Panasonic SDFormatter, which is what i used. Then putting everything back on the sd card and playing the game.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by lag? Sometimes on my m3 ds real, i have pop in, and only when driving cars really fast. It doesn't bother me that much... I'm using a clean rom with AR code.

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the framerate isnt as smooth as I would like. However, I dont know if its my card, or the game itself. Does anyone have the actual cart?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't notice lag, but sometimes if you go too fast in a car like a Comet, during a quest with other key cars you might notice that some streets aren't rendered by the time you get there, but they catch up just in time, so it works out.

I'm using SCDS1 SDHC with a A-Data Class 6 SDHC 8GB, so it's NOT lag from my flashcart or microSD card lol

Nintendo DS Play

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am experiencing the same thing, but when i tried it on my r4, it runs prefectly
i donno why is it lagging, and i am really getting bothered by it =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out