ROM Hack BCH app author(s), help?

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've asked for help in the past for completing a game patch, and haven't had much success. Figured I would try one last time, expanding my request a bit.

I've got a Windows app called bch2png, which basically has a blank window that you drag-and-drop .BCH files onto, and it extracts all the textures it contains to .PNG files. I'm not talking about the Python script of the same name. However, this app doesn't contain credits or an author's name.

There are some other apps that work with .BCH files, such as Ohana3DS and Kukkii (part of the Kuriimu suite), and I'm hoping that somebody who has worked on these apps (or others) could aid me with a similar task.

The game I'm trying to patch has some .PTCL files, which appears to stand for "Particle". I'm certain these contain textures (among other data), since I've looked at them in a Hex editor and seen data that looks exactly like ETC1(A4) image encoding. But of course there aren't any image headers or footers, which means there's probably a lookup table of the images, their encoding type, and dimensions.

To cut to the chase: I have no clue how to read or parse these images, and I assumed the file structure is probably similar in some ways to .BCH files. The only info I've found on .PTCL files is that apparently some Pokémon games use them too. If anybody who is experienced with the structure of .BCH files would like to take a look, I can post one of the files, or a small portion of one. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: