OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Gh7c4M0.jpg

Earlier today, there was a rumor going around that Visceral Games was developing a new Battlefield game, and EA has officially confirmed it with a page on the official Battlefield website indicating a reveal on June 9th. Whereas other Battlefield games were all about wars and the military, it looks like this game will break the trend and introduce a "Cops and robbers" type-gameplay.

The webpage confirms a rumor from earlier today that Hardline is a cops-and-robbers take on Battlefield, trading military warfare for vault-bustin' and Heat-style shootouts. And that rumor wasn't the first Hardline leak—an earlier rumor from back in February claimed the game was being developed by Dead Space developers Visceral Games.

EA's image above depicts a SWAT truck and robbers fleeing a vault. The unofficial Battlefield Daily twitter account has also dug up some strong evidence confirming Hardline's heist theme: weapons like grappling hooks, a Hardline logo, and vehicles such as a police cruiser and SWAT truck.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I actually did not mind it hopefully this will be more Payday and less Kane and Lynch 2. I do have to wonder how it might work with counterstrike.

That said modern military type games always seem to skew towards the special forces/police in all but name type modes anyway (contrast say Rainbow Six: Vegas and some of the SWAT games) so this is probably closer to a minor thematic shift anyway. However if this can mean they stop trying to clone COD (usually at not inconsiderable cost) and do their own thing then more power to them.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So fast after the release of BF4, they really feel confident. This must be a separate project, in no means a competitor of BF4. I'm sure BF4 will keep getting DLC like planned.
Happy to see this really, Battlefield is an excellent series

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.