battalion wars 2 on the Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by svenson, Feb 16, 2008.

Feb 16, 2008
  1. svenson
    OP

Newcomer svenson Newbie

Netherlands
    Will a backup of BW2 run on a Wii with Wiikey? And what about the original? As I haven't read any problems regarding the original, I suppose it works fine with a Wiikey. As for the backup, I suppose you'll need 1.9g firmware to be able to run it?! Anyone tried it yet?
    And is the game worth buying it? (I'll buy either SMG or BW2, but haven't decided yet... maybe BW2 last longer because of the online possibilities...).

2. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    it came out way before galaxy. If you have a wiikey, why the hell would you buy games

3. svenson
    OP

Newcomer svenson Newbie

Netherlands
    You're right! It's just been released in Europe (PAL) yesterday, but the American version was released way earlier.... stupid of me.
    Why would I buy games?! I think it's a good thing to buy games once in a while, to support the games-industry. But I have to admit that I don't buy all the games I play. I kind of do both..... [​IMG]

But off course I can try the NTSC version on my Wii first, and then buy BW2 (or SMG).

4. Railgun

Member Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Germany
    i have a wiikey too, but im ordered BW2 yesterday [​IMG]
    I only buy good games they worth the money^^

5. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The european copied version works on Wiikey 1.9g of course (played it last night), and I assume it would run on 1.9b just as fine.

6. svenson
    OP

Newcomer svenson Newbie

Netherlands
    @railgun: so it's good enough to buy, that's great!
    I'll try it and then buy it (and if I don't like it, I'll buy SMG).

@Rammoth: thanks for the reply!

7. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Some people actually buy their games. Like downloads it, tests it, if it's good then they'll buy it.
    Also there's those people who just backup their games so the original one's stay untouched. Good for collectors etc. But yes mostly people with wiikey etc. just download everything and never buy. Which is a shame.

8. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    i buy the really good wii games
    but use my wiikey for shovelware, ok games, jap games and games that will not make it the uk

9. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Exactly. There are so many games which are just average fun, to play a few rounds every now and then, but totally not worth the full price. Especially on the Wii, there are sooooo many games which just have something funny with friends every now and then, other than that, you wouldn't normally play it.

And since you wouldn't buy them in the first place, but now have a ripped copy of it, at least you can still exchange your experiences of these games with other gamers and might get them to buy it, while they normally wouldn't have bought it [​IMG]

If everyone would use it this way, I think modding would even have a positive effect on Nintendo. Crap games don't get bought so that publishers will think twice before rushing another crap game on the wii. Average games will get average sales and good games will have the full nintendo owners behind them.

10. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I buy games until there are good modchips avaible.
    I got around 7 bought wii games and like 100 'back-ups" [​IMG]

And my wiikey is still on the first firmware, so no 1.9g and bw2 runned fine yesterday

11. jamesjones

Newcomer jamesjones Member

Netherlands
    I heard it got an update on it? Is that right?

And can it safely be done, what does it add?

12. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Don't think it's got an update, the foreign versions didn't... but I always accept updates from any game that's from my region, that's been safe so far.