Gaming battalion wars 2 on the Wiikey

svenson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will a backup of BW2 run on a Wii with Wiikey? And what about the original? As I haven't read any problems regarding the original, I suppose it works fine with a Wiikey. As for the backup, I suppose you'll need 1.9g firmware to be able to run it?! Anyone tried it yet?
And is the game worth buying it? (I'll buy either SMG or BW2, but haven't decided yet... maybe BW2 last longer because of the online possibilities...).

svenson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're right! It's just been released in Europe (PAL) yesterday, but the American version was released way earlier.... stupid of me.
Why would I buy games?! I think it's a good thing to buy games once in a while, to support the games-industry. But I have to admit that I don't buy all the games I play. I kind of do both.....
tongue.gif

But off course I can try the NTSC version on my Wii first, and then buy BW2 (or SMG).

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The european copied version works on Wiikey 1.9g of course (played it last night), and I assume it would run on 1.9b just as fine.

svenson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@railgun: so it's good enough to buy, that's great!
I'll try it and then buy it (and if I don't like it, I'll buy SMG).

@Rammoth: thanks for the reply!

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it came out way before galaxy. If you have a wiikey, why the hell would you buy games
Some people actually buy their games. Like downloads it, tests it, if it's good then they'll buy it.
Also there's those people who just backup their games so the original one's stay untouched. Good for collectors etc. But yes mostly people with wiikey etc. just download everything and never buy. Which is a shame.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i buy the really good wii games
but use my wiikey for shovelware, ok games, jap games and games that will not make it the uk

Exactly. There are so many games which are just average fun, to play a few rounds every now and then, but totally not worth the full price. Especially on the Wii, there are sooooo many games which just have something funny with friends every now and then, other than that, you wouldn't normally play it.

And since you wouldn't buy them in the first place, but now have a ripped copy of it, at least you can still exchange your experiences of these games with other gamers and might get them to buy it, while they normally wouldn't have bought it
happy.gif

If everyone would use it this way, I think modding would even have a positive effect on Nintendo. Crap games don't get bought so that publishers will think twice before rushing another crap game on the wii. Average games will get average sales and good games will have the full nintendo owners behind them.

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I buy games until there are good modchips avaible.
I got around 7 bought wii games and like 100 'back-ups"
smile.gif

And my wiikey is still on the first firmware, so no 1.9g and bw2 runned fine yesterday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?