OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has any one heard this games coming out yet or have a date XD
this game will own

any one played baten kaitos for NGC (IT WAS AMAZING)

is any one else looking forward to this game?

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's disappointing. I forgot all about Baten Kaitos DS. Baten Kaitos and Origins are two of my favorites mainly for the music and for the atmosphere (gotta love giant floating continents).

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess is they probably figured they couldn't do the game justice on the DS hardware.

Shame, it would've been a fun game if it used Origin's system.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know development was on and off but its good that they didn't just release any old thing and slap the Baten Kaitos name on it.

I can't see how they couldn't of done it right, sure it wouldn't have looked as good but it still would've had the gameplay intact if done right.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I know development was on and off but its good that they didn't just release any old thing and slap the Baten Kaitos name on it.

I can't see how they couldn't of done it right, sure it wouldn't have looked as good but it still would've had the gameplay intact if done right.

They could've easily gotten the gameplay down, my guess is they probably wanted some pseudo 3D engine but found they could get it to look good. Part of the appeal for the GC games were the surprisingly good graphics it touted, even though most of it was just well done 2D.

If they made a proper 2D Baten Kaitos for the DS though...I really do miss the age of 2D, if nothing else, the DS can run good looking 2D games if they put up the budget for it.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but then again Baten kaitos fo rthe NGC was on 2 disks so :S
unless they made a shourter game then they had no chance but if they shourten it ...it will ruin it a little bit i think:(

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but then again Baten kaitos fo rthe NGC was on 2 disks so :S
unless they made a shourter game then they had no chance but if they shourten it ...it will ruin it a little bit i think:(

Oh, well, I'm POSITIVE that it wasn't planned to be a port since...there'd be no way.
It was probably planned to be an all new game for the DS but fell through. =/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it wouldn't have needed that much space, most DS RPG games are only big in size due to the cutscenes. Space wouldn't have been an issue, probably would've been down to either not making a game that was as good as the previous games or if Namco didn't think they could make the development costs back.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol with people like us downloading it i doubt they would of made another game like it again ... thank god there are people who actually buy games
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast