but i also can confirmed it works on 2.2 use bannebomb v1

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OP on a forum means original post(er), not Operator (like on IRC)
you can also use TC (Topic creator)
like stated here

Anyway, bannerbomb v1 works fine on 2.x, I wouldn't see why not.

DaDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to pull such an ultimate dead thread revival...

But I recently got a 2.2U Wii to softmod. The drive is busted and cannot read disc's.
Thus the ancient Twilight hack won't work.
So this thread gives me hope!
But... I've tried so many different versions of Bannerbomb and hackmii to try and install the HBC.
All met with failure. Freezes before the pop up.
The SD card is formated in FAT32, tried various SD cards (No not SD-HC)... So I'm at a loss.
If you're still active, Shadow#1, could you please tell me which versions of bannerbomb (eg: aad1f_v108.zip etc) and hackmii (eg: hackmii_installer_v0.8.zip) you used to get HBC on a 2.2U Wii?
It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks. And sorry again for reviving this dead thread! But I'm going out of my mind here!

DaDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yes... They have confirmed it worked.
But which set of the files where used?
There are many bannerbomb v1s eg: aad1f_v108.zip, aad1a_v103.zip, aad1b_v106.zip etc.
And also a few versions of hackmii eg: hackmii_installer_v0.8.zip, hackmii_installer_v0.6.zip. etc

What I need to know is which combination of these will work to softmod a 2.2U Wii.
I've tried so many, and it is becoming increasingly frustrating.
All that happens when I put the SD card in, is the system freezes before the pop-up.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I have time I will test all bannerbomb v1 on all 2.x sm for all regions. Some say it works, some say it does not.

FYI, HBC can not be installed on a 2x sm without first installing a usable ios to run on.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tested 2.0u, 2.2u, 2.2e
Guess what, bannerbomb does not work. It does not even come close to working, the does not even see the banner. Test all versions of bannerbomb v1 and v2 on a 2g sd and 250mb sd, no luck. I am not going to take the time to test 2.0e, 2.1e, 2.0j, 2.2j, they would likely fail to. Bannerbomb does not work on 2.x wiis, at least not for me.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mauifrog said:
Tested 2.0u, 2.2u, 2.2e
Guess what, bannerbomb does not work. It does not even come close to working, the does not even see the banner. Test all versions of bannerbomb v1 and v2 on a 2g sd and 250mb sd, no luck. I am not going to take the time to test 2.0e, 2.1e, 2.0j, 2.2j, they would likely fail to. Bannerbomb does not work on 2.x wiis, at least not for me.
I have tested it on 2.0e, 2.1e and 2.2e and I was not able to see the banner, everything simply freezed before. I also have tested the v102 versions but they also crashed. I used a 1gb sd card formated to FAT and FAT32, everytime with the same result. If it works for someone, please post which version, which SM version and which sd card.

DaDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnak you mauifrog and fix94 for your replies. They are greatly appreciated!

FIX94 said:
I have tested it on 2.0e, 2.1e and 2.2e and I was not able to see the banner, everything simply freezed before. I also have tested the v102 versions but they also crashed. I used a 1gb sd card formated to FAT and FAT32, everytime with the same result. If it works for someone, please post which version, which SM version and which sd card.

I've done basically the same things. Except on a 2.2U Wii, and using a 2Gig Sandisk SD card formatted in FAT and FAT32.

Although I don't have the v102 bannerbomb files. I've tried all of the ones available on the bannerbomb site.

Unfortunately the v102s can't be downloaded, not even from the archives it seems.

Also... wouldn't one need to use hackmii_beta2 in order for the v102 to work?

I've been using hackmii 108 all this time, perhaps that is a point of fail?

Or perhaps the old 2.x wiis don't contain the exploit that bannerbomb takes advantage of?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser said:
hamato said:
Catch a 3.X Game.
Update the console.
Use bannerbomb.

If you want to stay in 2.X. Downgrade the console.
What do you mean downgrade the console when it's on 2.X?
wacko.gif

Catch a 3.X Game -> sys menu 3.x -> If you want to stay in 2.X. Downgrade the console

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mauifrog said:
Mod 2.x->TP hack -> MMM -> install ios58 -> launch hackmii 0.8
QUOTE(DaDawg @ Feb 11 2011, 01:38 AM) Sorry to pull such an ultimate dead thread revival...

But I recently got a 2.2U Wii to softmod. The drive is busted and cannot read disc's.
Thus the ancient Twilight hack won't work.

So this thread gives me hope!
But... I've tried so many different versions of Bannerbomb and hackmii to try and install the HBC.
All met with failure. Freezes before the pop up.
The SD card is formated in FAT32, tried various SD cards (No not SD-HC)... So I'm at a loss.
If you're still active, Shadow#1, could you please tell me which versions of bannerbomb (eg: aad1f_v108.zip etc) and hackmii (eg: hackmii_installer_v0.8.zip) you used to get HBC on a 2.2U Wii?
It'd be much appreciated.

Thanks. And sorry again for reviving this dead thread! But I'm going out of my mind here!

I am going to try this on my Wii, see if I can get anything.

EDIT: Thats weird, I cant even get my wii to freeze, it just shows blank icons. It only froze once, the first time I tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude