Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
The letter basicly says, that it's from Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Myamoto and Reggie. Nintendo is not happy about the exploit and recommend the guy to not release the exploit. If he still releases the exploit, then Nintendo would take legal actions. Nintendo is looking forward to his reply.

So, apparently the rest of the team left due to this letter and he is now alone.
Definitely seems to have the fresh scent of bullshit to me. I mean, who could be afraid of N..... besides KongNutz. LOL

But really, has N ever gone after any other hacker?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its fake. Look at the banner for the Wii Shop Channel
laugh.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Well, if I recall correct, bushing recieved some kind of threats from Nintendo. He mentioned it on his hackmii blog.
I don't remember that. Could you find a link please.

The only thing that I remember between bushing and N was that bushing was trying to tell N about the optical drive's DVD mode and about how it could be exploited for piracy, but they refused to listen.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Take a close look at this:

0.55:
2s8hj0z.png

0.56:
t9d47p.png

Noticed how fast the pictures changed? Like there was no loading time.
The channel could have been copied to the NAND before he launched it. It's still fake though. Like I said, look at the Wii Shop Channel banner. You can tell it's a really outdated version, which is impossible to have if you're running 4.3 unless you already had homebrew running.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DeadlyFoez said:
I don't remember that. Could you find a link please.

The only thing that I remember between bushing and N was that bushing was trying to tell N about the optical drive's DVD mode and about how it could be exploited for piracy, but they refused to listen.

I'm sorry I cant find it anymore. All I was able to find is this and the following comment:

QUOTEWe tried to avoid helping pirates on the Wii, we had varying degrees of success. In the end, it doesn’t really seem to have mattered and with the way that Nintendo has treated us, I don’t have a lot of interest in trying anymore

Somewhere bushing posted that after some email exchanges Nintendo has called him at work and was trying to threaten him, which did lead to the comment above.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
DeadlyFoez said:
It certainly isn't bannerbomb re-enabled bc bannerbomb can launch without having to click on it. But to me I would guess that it is just a forwarder channel until more proof is shown.

++1 to you

this is not BB..
until it make public, i will not believe it.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably just a wad with hackmii installer and customer banner.

if im wrong ill be happy. theoretically, the concept he is presenting here might be possible. bannerbomb exploited the channel banner, this may exploit on the launch of the channel.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
letter is sooo fake, nintendo changed their logo to silver in 2006.
Reggi and Shegi mentioned lol!

These days a forwader channel is easily created and you really think comex wouldn't have checked the channel banners for an exploit?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Maybe any of the experts here can consider to contact with the author
(xcluidos) through MSN (it's available in that website). Join that project
to clarify if this is true or just a fake.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing the channel banner to exploit a 4.3 wii would require another exploit. We can't legitimately sign it to install. How did they then run it on a virgin system? The fix to bannerbomb wasn't on the sd card part, it was in the actual banner rendering part, so it won't be the same exploit. They would have needed to find one of the other few holes that can be accessed without install.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBricker said:
Take a close look at this:

0.55:
2s8hj0z.png

0.56:
t9d47p.png

Noticed how fast the pictures changed? Like there was no loading time.

Also funny how the first one says nextploit and the second one nexploit without the t
smile.gif

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Seems that someone learnt how to create a custom banner fake-signed channel and load it through the System Menu!

Personally, I never trust videos with that kind of music that they add with no reason.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Wake up.....

He simply fakesigned the IOS 80 to launch custom channels from the SD menu, and obviously previous installed a wad that contains the hackmii installer boot.elf inside.

F - A -K - E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1