It's fake. Someone just want attention. Even I can do that
laugh.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I going to have to say it's fake. I don't think there's going to be a bannerbomb for this firmware.

Though I could be proven wrong...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He probably enabled bannerbomb on 4.3 with priiloader hacks and changed the images of bannerbomb to let you think, it's a completly new exploit, though I'm not sure how he changed the images.

But we can speculate as much we want, as long as no binaries have been released, we have to assume this is fake.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
He probably enabled bannerbomb on 4.3 with priiloader hacks and changed the images of bannerbomb to let you think, it's a completly new exploit, though I'm not sure how he changed the images.

But we can speculate as much we want, as long as no binaries have been released, we have to assume this is fake.
EDIT: NVM. I didn't see 4.3 until I looked a little more.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
It certainly isn't bannerbomb re-enabled bc bannerbomb can launch without having to click on it. But to me I would guess that it is just a forwarder channel until more proof is shown.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would feel bad for pune (again) if this exploit in fact turns out to be genuine because then noone would use Smash Stack anymore I guess.

hamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiBricker said:
I would feel bad for pune (again) if this exploit in fact turns out to be genuine because then noone would use Smash Stack anymore I guess.
I will.
Just if necessary to thank him for his job. And because It seems to be harder from BigN to stop SmashStack so ST seems to be a continued exploit.

PS : I think Bannerbomb 4.3 is a joke. Hope i'm wrong.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont feel bad for me if this is real. it isnt a competition. nobody gets bonus points if you use their software.

on topic, i have no opinion if it is fake or not. it would be easy to fake, but i dont know why anybody would go through the trouble. especially if they are making more than 1 version and video taping it. that just seems like too much effort.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
According to this letter, Nintendo would take legal actions if the man releases the exploit. Damn, I think more and more that this is genuine.
Could someone translate that please. I don't speak Spanish.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh wow..

I just wonder why Iwata, Shigeru and Regie are in there, while the guy lives in spain?

And I could fake this too, change the FW number.
And replacing images, editing titles. It's been done before, and although it is a little while for me, there where even GUI tools for it.

But I guess, going through all this to make it look realistic (videos, spain forum, several versions)

At the other hand, how could Nintendo sniff it so fast? ... Ok, Sony can do it too.. so I suppose..

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The letter looks fake. I can't see N sending an email themselves. I think they would have a lawyer do their bidding. Not only that, but has N sent anything to anyone else who ever did any hacking on the wii? Not that I am aware of.

At this point I feel safe to assume that it is either fake or will never be released.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sheaperd121 said:
WiiBricker said:
According to this letter, Nintendo would take legal actions if the man releases the exploit. Damn, I think more and more that this is genuine.
Could someone translate that please. I don't speak Spanish.

The letter basicly says, that it's from Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Myamoto and Reggie. Nintendo is not happy about the exploit and recommend the guy to not release the exploit. If he still releases the exploit, then Nintendo would take legal actions. Nintendo is looking forward to his reply.

So, apparently the rest of the team left due to this letter and he is now alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.