Hacking banner bricked wii

s2pak1985

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
recently i made some channels for my wii so that my gf doesnt have to go through steps to get to a launcher, and when i installed the wads, the ending result is a banner brick. i been doing alot of research on how to fix it, but i dont want to purchase a autoboot mod chip. but the biggest kicker is that i believe i did not install a preloader. So when i turn on the system i get the health and safety screen, but cant get to the system menu screen. to my understanding i will need a NGC controller to access recovery menu which i will pick up one tomarrow, but if theres another way please help.
thanks in advance.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just buy a new wii
you are obviously not smart enough to follow written instructions

(look at the top of this thread and the top of this subforum)

Reactions: 1 person

s2pak1985

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im sure i did have bootmii installed, but i dont exactly remember what guide i did use as I set up my system a few years ago, but i fallowed it step by step, and this is only problem i have had with it. i got the system in 2008, so i dont think that should matter but the only thing i know is that it doesnt read CD-R/DVD-Rs and such, i been reading that bootmii should start up when one holds the reset button when powering on the system, i tried that and nothing happens.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure i did have bootmii installed, but i dont exactly remember what guide i did use as I set up my system a few years ago, but i fallowed it step by step, and this is only problem i have had with it. i got the system in 2008, so i dont think that should matter but the only thing i know is that it doesnt read CD-R/DVD-Rs and such, i been reading that bootmii should start up when one holds the reset button when powering on the system, i tried that and nothing happens.
No, you ALSO need an sd card with bootmii on it, and that's priiloader you're talking about, not bootmii. Bootmii starts no matter what if there is an SD card with the bootmii folder and an armboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2