Homebrew Question Ban carrying over to other consoles?

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turned on my console to add back a friend only to get this message. Not a huge loss to me, since I was never much into online play on the Switch (although this justifies my purchase of PSPlus, I think), but what's weird is I never did anything known to be risky. I didn't download from Nintendo's servers, didn't try to go online with a backup or anything like that. The only real thing I did was started a LayeredFS backup that I didn't own (not really trying to pirate, just wanted to see how Splatoon 2's controls were before I spent $40) while connected to the Internet. Not to make anyone paranoid, but it's just strange. This isn't the time to get banned either, but at least I can buy games from the eShop desktop version.

I also have a question. Will my ban carry over to my Wii U and 3DS, both of which are connected to the same Nintendo Account? I just checked on both, and I'm not getting an error message, but I'm still very worried because I don't want to lose online play on those consoles. Also, a little off-topic, but if it is suggested that I change Nintendo Accounts on my Wii U and 3DS, how can I also transfer my save data to the new user on my Wii U?

Attachments

• 2018062419275400-1AB131B6E6571375B79964211BB3F5AE.jpg
    2018062419275400-1AB131B6E6571375B79964211BB3F5AE.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 710
Last edited by ShaytheStar,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your account is flagged but not banned, the banned Switch was associated the moment you linked. Nintendo seems to have a grace period or leniency on accounts. So it won't affect anything else.

That said, a second ban or infraction will likely nuke the account and everything associated with it.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't download from Nintendo's servers, didn't try to go online with a backup (although I did play some of a backup offline), nothing.

Nice way to contradict yourself there buddy
That's not nothing

Reactions: tyler004

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your account is flagged but not banned, the banned Switch was associated the moment you linked. Nintendo seems to have a grace period or leniency on accounts. So it won't affect anything else.

That said, a second ban or infraction will likely nuke the account and everything associated with it.

So basically yes, it's best I do add new Nintendo accounts to my Wii U and 3DS just in case. I guess I know how I'll be spending the next few hours then.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about it, though.... I don't know if you can get console banned on Wii U or 3DS. But I'm not taking any chances with that, so I'm linking new users anyway and trying to deal with save data.

This is getting really annoying. No, 3DS, I don't want to delete my Nintendo Network ID. I'll need to make sure my Wii U is okay first.

Last edited by ShaytheStar,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer this question, yes, it will. there was some hacker guy who was experimenting and they banned his console and his NNID, and when he linked it to a fresh one, he got pwned again.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer this question, yes, it will. there was some hacker guy who was experimenting and they banned his console and his NNID, and when he linked it to a fresh one, he got pwned again.

On his fresh Switch or his Wii U or 3DS? I don't plan to buy a new Switch and link my old NNA to it, but I really want to keep online play on my Wii U and 3DS, both of which I can't easily make a new account for while also keeping my save data. After rather surface searching, I can't simply find a way to transfer my save data from one user on the Wii U to another, but I was gonna bother with it more later if it ever becomes an issue if I can't get console banned on Wii U or 3DS. (I hope that makes sense, by the way.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShaytheStar If you've got a minute or 2 to spare...
Banned: Y/N
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Downloaded with CDN: Y/N
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online with nx-dreport: Y/N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y/N
SX OS used: Y/N
SX OS used while online: Y/N
Played online SX OS Backups: Y/N
Layered FS Used: Y/N
Layered FS Used while online: Y/N
Played online Layered FS Injects: Y/N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Offline: Y/N (Specify homebrew used)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y/N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y/N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Y/N
Can you access the eShop: Y/N
Backups updated: Y/N (CFW or OFW)
Wi-Fi settings deleted: Y/N
Airplane mode: Y/N
AutoRCM: Y/N (TX or briccmii)
SX OS Version used when Online: X.X
Auto-Update Software: Y/N

Last edited by Draxzelex,

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I can.
Banned: Y
it's up 'dere
Downloaded with CDN: N
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online with nx-dreport: never did that
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: N
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: Y
Layered FS Used while online: Y (I realized that I was connected to the internet while booting a layeredFS game bec. I took a video of it)
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Offline: Y Atmosphére
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Y and N
Can you access the eShop: N but I can access eShop on desktop which downloads stuff to my device and I can redownload games and get updates
Backups updated: N
Wi-Fi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: N not the whole time
AutoRCM: N
SX OS Version used when Online: n/a
Auto-Update Software: N

It looks like you got error code that sent and alert Nintendo, possibly?

What do you mean?

Reactions: Draxzelex

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On his fresh Switch or his Wii U or 3DS? I don't plan to buy a new Switch and link my old NNA to it, but I really want to keep online play on my Wii U and 3DS, both of which I can't easily make a new account for while also keeping my save data. After rather surface searching, I can't simply find a way to transfer my save data from one user on the Wii U to another, but I was gonna bother with it more later if it ever becomes an issue if I can't get console banned on Wii U or 3DS. (I hope that makes sense, by the way.)

i dont know if it carries over to be honest, but it was a second switch.

man this is gonna take me a while to find, i figured that this was huge news. ill get back to you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...services_for_prominent_hackers_switch_console

oh yea, one simple google search later.....

enjoy folks.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont know if it carries over to be honest, but it was a second switch.

man this is gonna take me a while to find, i figured that this was huge news. ill get back to you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...services_for_prominent_hackers_switch_console

oh yea, one simple google search later.....

enjoy folks.

I don't see anywhere about him being banned on a fresh console, just that he was banned on a "clean" console that he used to download from the CDN.

Edit again: 2 Consoles were banned in his group but only 1 belonged to him so there's no evidence that an account linked to 1 banned switch console would ban another console.

Last edited by fadx,
Reactions: lukhart

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I can.
Banned: Y
it's up 'dere
Downloaded with CDN: N
Cleared Error Logs prior to going Online with nx-dreport:
never did that
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: N
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: Y
Layered FS Used while online: Y
(I realized that I was connected to the internet while booting a layeredFS game bec. I took a video of it)
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Offline: Y
Atmosphére
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Y and N
Can you access the eShop: N
but I can access eShop on desktop which downloads stuff to my device and I can redownload games and get updates
Backups updated: N
Wi-Fi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: N
not the whole time
AutoRCM: N
SX OS Version used when Online: n/a
Auto-Update Software: N

What do you mean?

Just saw your ban report so no wonder, use CFW while connected to WiFi led to ban for some people here, also if you run the Homebrew or other CFW apps so error code sent to Nintendo, so they found out. You can't see any error codes that caused by Homebrew or apps related to CFW.

Sorry about got ban.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw your ban report so no wonder, use CFW while connected to WiFi led to ban for some people here, also if you run the Homebrew or other CFW apps so error code sent to Nintendo, so they found out. You can't see any error codes that caused by Homebrew or apps related to CFW.

Sorry about got ban.

Oh, so they get secret error codes that we don't see? Where's the source of that information? I've never seen anyone mention something important like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-