Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me how to get custom icons working. It seems pretty straightforward. Either put a png or bmp file, named the same as the file you want to have that icon, in the same directory or tell where to look for that icon in skin.ini.

However. I can't seem to get it working. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
wacko.gif

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
so i am having a problem...
i got the menu running perfect with the covers...
but when i start a game the ds loads the default supercard dstwo menu...
anyone know what i did wrong?

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankenstein Tank said:
Can someone explain to me how to get custom icons working. It seems pretty straightforward. Either put a png or bmp file, named the same as the file you want to have that icon, in the same directory or tell where to look for that icon in skin.ini.

wacko.gif

I have found an issue with custom icons being in the same directory as the file. So for now you'll need to use a custom icon directory. Make sure that your skin.ini file has a directory set in it and that it matches to where your icons are on your card.

QUOTE(asnka @ Apr 1 2011, 03:47 PM) so i am having a problem...
i got the menu running perfect with the covers...
but when i start a game the ds loads the default supercard dstwo menu...
anyone know what i did wrong?

Troubleshooting rom loading:
-Make sure you are using EOS 1.11 or later (press start, click help and look at the bottom in the DSTwo menu). If you aren't then that is most likely your problem.
-If you are running 1.11, check the "globalsettings.ini" file in the "/_dstwo/" folder and see if both "lastRomRun" and "enterLastDirWhenBoot" are set to 1.
-Open the "lastsave.ini" file in the "/_dstwo/" directory and make sure the fullname matches the rom you are trying to play.

Once you have gone through this list and are still getting errors, let me know.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

wacko.gif

I have found an issue with custom icons being in the same directory as the file. So for now you'll need to use a custom icon directory. Make sure that your skin.ini file has a directory set in it and that it matches to where your icons are on your card.

So in skin.ini I would write something like this

CODE
[Custom Icon Folder]
Custom_Icon_Folder = /bagui/skin/Default/custom

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankenstein Tank said:

CODE[Custom Icon Folder]

Custom_Icon_Folder goes under the Main Browser section like so:
QUOTE[Main Browser]
Custom_Icon_Folder = /_bagui/skin/Default/custom/

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
Frankenstein Tank said:

CODE[Custom Icon Folder]

Custom_Icon_Folder goes under the Main Browser section like so:
QUOTE[Main Browser]
Custom_Icon_Folder = /_bagui/skin/Default/custom/

Aha, so that's what I was doing wrong! Thank you.
yay.gif

EDIT: I'm such an idiot. It was there the whole time and I just didn't read very thoroughly.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've updated the first post with some troubleshooting help. Everyone should read the custom icons troubleshooting as it contains some information regarding icon handling in the next BAGplug release.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried BAGplug for the first time just right now, and it's awesome. Good job!

BTW, there's a slight mixup with the cover pack. Since Pokémon Black/White are the only DSi games to be region-free (all English regions have the same game IDs, IRAO/IRBO), they use the same cover. This is causing all English B/W ROMs to use the same cover regardless of region, so the US ROMs have the PEGI rating on the displayed cover rather than the correct ESRB rating. And as far as I know, the ROMs are identical worldwide, so there would be no way of telling them apart just by reading the file.

Aguilera_87, if you're reading this, can you add the US covers for these games in the pack too?
EDIT: I'd like Game & Watch Collection covers too. (too lazy to make them myself at the moment)

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
khlavkalash.wordpress.com
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Aguilera_87, if you're reading this, can you add the US covers for these games in the pack too?
EDIT: I'd like Game & Watch Collection covers too. (too lazy to make them myself at the moment)
Yeah, I can make the usa covers, cause I made script to more than 5000 covers I can't notice this things

at the moment im not going to re-compress & re-upload the pack (100Mb) for this 2 covers, and 5, 10 or 12 weekly covers...
but yesterday i was thinking that, and I do this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1843993/CoversPack/new/index.html

with dropbox i can weekly sync this gallery, and when I have more than... 100, or 200 covers... can be added to the pack
pd:I see a watermark into pokemon white usa cover... and I fixed it

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Aguilera_87 said:
YayMii said:
Yeah, I can make the usa covers, cause I made script to more than 5000 covers I can't notice this things

at the moment im not going to re-compress & re-upload the pack (100Mb) for this 2 covers, and 5, 10 or 12 weekly covers...
but yesterday i was thinking that, and I do this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1843993/CoversPack/new/index.html

with dropbox i can weekly sync this gallery, and when I have more than... 100, or 200 covers... can be added to the pack
pd:I see a watermark into pokemon white usa cover... and I fixed it

You can do it like small update-packs with 20 new ones plus corrected covers, and when you have enough cover... upload a full package. Don't you?

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Boriar: si... esta bien, lo de la galeria era porque queria trastear con algun programa para hacerme unas galerias privadas, ya de paso probe con las caratulas y es mas para el que vaya cogiendo las que necesite de las nuevas, (porque estube probando a hacer una galeria con 1500 y acababo ocupando mucho por la info extra de cada uno de los 1500 html "350 mb en total la galeria") ademas de que se tiraba sus 10 minutos procesandolo.

pero para galerias de 100 caratulas o asi se genera muy rapido y ocupa poco

Google Translate: @Boriar: if ... okay, so the gallery was because I wanted to tinker with a program to make me some private galleries and probe step with the covers and going more for catching the need of new, (because i was trying to make a gallery in 1500 and had just taking up too much extra info for each of the 1500 html "350 mb in total the gallery") also you throw your 10 minutes are processed.

but caratulas galleries 100 or so is generated very fast and takes little[/p]

I'll do some packs since 2-3 weeks or 1 month, or when I'll going remember

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
GBAtemp is an English speaking community. Translate the post or it'll get trashed

I think u know what mean this
"@Boriar:" means that I want to say something him, u dont need to understand, for me its easiest say what I say him in spanish and I think there's no problem with that

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aguilera_87 said:
Sausage Head said:
GBAtemp is an English speaking community. Translate the post or it'll get trashed

I think u know what mean this
"@Boriar:" means that I want to say something him, u dont need to understand, for me its easiest say what I say him in spanish and I think there's no problem with that
There is a bit of a problem, the forums rules still say that this is an English only site in the forums, pretty much if you have anything private it's suggested to bring it to the PM's where you can speak in any other language.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aguilera_87 said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1843993/CoversPack/new/index.htmlStill missing Game & Watch Collection covers. These games were only released on Club Nintendo, and not in stores. They're not new, either.
QUOTE(Aguilera_87 @ Apr 2 2011, 04:45 PM) I think u know what mean this
It's against the rules to speak another language, no matter what. If you want to speak in Spanish, use PMs.

On-topic: How can I make my ROMs soft-reset to BAGPlug?

Aguilera_87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
BAG, can you add support for Japanese characters? I'm having my JAP games show up as blank or random letters.

I am adding unicode support for the next release, however I have no way of creating a font that can cover all the characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...