Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release 3 is out:
-fixed eos settings appearing in favorites screen for non-nds files
-unicode strings are now written in extlink.dat
-fixed custom icons not loading when in the same directory as the file
-custom icons now need to include the extension of the file it is for in the file name (BAGSFC.plg / BAGSFC.plg.png)
-improved handling of globalsettings.ini
-added unicode support to text, all text is now loaded externally for easy translations. A new font will need to be created to support all characters
-added stylus double clicking to favorites menu
-fixed browser scrolling glitches after changing skins
-minor UI tweaks
-DSGAME.nds is now recognized as homebrew rather than a commercial game
-new skin: BAGPlug 3.0
-updated DSTwo.nds with homebrew menu 2.0 loader

mia_d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for some reason it worked JUST perfectly a few seconds after I posted that. Whoops! Thanks again, BAG
biggrin.gif

epsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New menu is awesome. Decided to use this after the iMenu decided to stop working for me.

Got everything working...except the cover art.

I followed the guide on how to get them to show up, but it's a no go.

First off, the CoverArt.ini file is located in the NDS games folder. Text reads,

Code:
[Cover Art]
folder = /_bagui/cover art/nds
type = png

Cover art folder is located in "_bagui>cover art>nds

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
epsoldier said:
New menu is awesome. Decided to use this after the iMenu decided to stop working for me.

First off, the CoverArt.ini file is located in the NDS games folder. Text reads,

Now, for this to properly work, do I have to keep the covers in there respective folder(DSi, NDS KOR, etc), or do I have to place the png files in the NDS folder by themselves?

you have set the Coverart.ini wrong

should be

CODE[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
#image type
type = png

you can just copy over the .png's from the coverpack (DSI NDS, KOR) into the nds folder

epsoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
epsoldier said:

Now, for this to properly work, do I have to keep the covers in there respective folder(DSi, NDS KOR, etc), or do I have to place the png files in the NDS folder by themselves?

you have set the Coverart.ini wrong

should be

CODE[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
#image type
type = png

you can just copy over the .png's from the coverpack (DSI NDS, KOR) into the nds folder

got it to work.

The ini file was fine.

Problem was I for some reason put an underline in cover art.

Thanks though.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ive dun updated el LocoPack with some new additions (and lots of pic clean-ups) to the BAGplug homebrew boxart(@ 88), and custom icons(@ 67).

BAGboxart2011-04-10.png

Get them suckers hawt from my sig.

edit 04/10/11: updated entire homebrew boxart pack for uniformity, and added some new boxart and custom icons.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
Ive dun updated el LocoPack with some new additions (and lots of pic clean-ups) to the BAGplug homebrew boxart(@ 88), and custom icons(@ 67).

BAGboxart2011-04-10.png

Get them suckers hawt from my sig.

edit 04/10/11: updated entire homebrew boxart pack for uniformity, and added some new boxart and custom icons.

Looks great!

Just letting everyone know, that a new update will be released soon. It should fix quite a few stability issues and has a few performance improvements in various areas of the menu.

Also there will be a slight change in the handling of covers. You will need to include the file extension in the cover image file for basically the same reason why the custom icons need it. There is an exception to this, the commercial nds covers will not need the extension added because renaming thousands of nds rom covers is too much work.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling I am making a huge oversight somewhere... I slightly modified a bagplug skin, changing the BG to solid black. Settings menu (select) shows up fine, but whenever I select the EOS settings menu on a commercial game, nothing shows up and I can't do anything until I press B. In other skins, it works fine. The only thing I changed was the background and the favorites menu background, both to solid black.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
plasma dragon007 said:
I have a feeling I am making a huge oversight somewhere... I slightly modified a bagplug skin, changing the BG to solid black. Settings menu (select) shows up fine, but whenever I select the EOS settings menu on a commercial game, nothing shows up and I can't do anything until I press B. In other skins, it works fine. The only thing I changed was the background and the favorites menu background, both to solid black.

It's a bug, it is now fixed so you'll just need to wait until the next release.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, alright then BassAceGold. Thanks a bunch for the quick reply =)

Btw, I love bagplug. I don't use it as my main plugin menu, I do use iMenu for that. But I can't get DS_GAME to remember my last used folder when iMenu is launched, so I launch ds roms from bagplug instead. And I like how it is laid out better than ds_game. So thanks for the awesome software =)

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
plasma dragon007 said:

It's a bug, it is now fixed so you'll just need to wait until the next release.

Yeah, the same thing had happened to me and I meant to post about it, but never got around to it. Anyway, good to know it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks BAG!

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a not so official release of BAGplug which has a few fixes an optimizations.
Download Here

It is just the binary which goes in the /_bagui/ folder. A change log will be released with the official release when all the planned features are implemented.

If anyone encounters any bugs please post them here along with the type of DS you are using (3DS or NDS). I will not be fixing 3DS only bugs so I will also need people to confirm if the 3DS bugs are reproducible on NDS.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the unofficial update, Bass=)
So now all boxart needs the extension included. I just converted my NES and SNES coverart (made MUCH easier by batch processing) to include the .nes and .sfc/.smc., and my HB pack to include the .nds/.plg. I'll upload 'em when the new version is released.

Dunno if its a bug, or something that's going to be implemented in future releases (iirc, Wood has different settings for native icon BGs), but with the new dstwo.plg, I noticed that all the homebrew and commercial 'native' icons all have white backgrounds where they used to have transparency. On all the files i have custom icons for the transparency is working fine.
oh yeah, im mainly using my DSiXL, but got the same results on DSL and 3DS.

BagPlug11-4-25-5-15-33.png

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
Dunno if its a bug, or something that's going to be implemented in future releases (iirc, Wood has different settings for native icon BGs), but with the new dstwo.plg, I noticed that all the homebrew and commercial 'native' icons all have white backgrounds where they used to have transparency. On all the files i have custom icons for the transparency is working fine.
oh yeah, im mainly using my DSiXL, but got the same results on DSL and 3DS.

Yeah I had disabled nds icon transparency to try and speed up the loading and display process, however I have made some further optimizations which would allow me to enable transparency again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol