Backups not working. Originals slightly working.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zantetsu, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Zantetsu
    OP

Zantetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    So my Wiikey1 started working around October and it was working well until just recently, about 2 weeks ago, when all my backups didn't read whatsoever. After seeing that none of them would work, I decided to try my 2 originals (Mario Kart Wii and SSBB).

SSBB Will "sometimes" load at the menu and I can go as far as pressing start until I see the green error screen.
    Mario Kart Wii will always load at the menu and I can go as far as the wiimote strap screen until I get an error screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    middleofnowhere, AL
    uh it stop working before?
    if it's on a wiiclip you might want to open up the wii and see if it's connected well to the drive chip and if you don't know if it's on a wiiclip ect, you might want to open it up to look in there so you do know.
    if not on a wiiclip sounds like a dirty laser or dying one.

3. Warren_303

Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Westcoast
    The same thing happened to me just recently, I can rarely get any originals to work.

Once I get the Tri Wing Screwdriver in the mail I'm gonna open her up and see if the contacts are an issue, and I might just take the wiikey out.

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Why dont you guys install the Gamma backup loader to get you out of a spot until u can get a replacement modchip or fix the issue ?

5. Quincy

Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Nov 13, 2008
    Netherlands
    Your house, robbing your stuff
    The wii cant read any discs....