Hacking Backup Loader Gamma & Beta side-by-side?

Smackdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In doing some reading it seems that the best way to run Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_USA_Wii-WiiZARD is to run it with the Beta backup loader as Gamma doesn't seem to work properly (Please someone tell me if I'm wrong.)

So my question is a) is it safe to run Gamma and Beta side-by-side and b) how would I load the previous cIOS so that it doesn't overwrite anything that Gamma would have installed.

All I'm really looking for is to play SSBB, so if someone has a better way to do it, then I'm all ears!

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the easiest way is to just run a dvd 5 backup version, sure you miss out on some cinematics but the gameplay is all there.

Smackdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
acesniper said:
Both should have the same compatibly since they use the same cIOS.

Does that mean that I could install the beta and not worry about the cIOS? I was under the impression that a big part of the improvements in Gamma was the cIOS, and that the reason that SSBB kind of craps out is because of the updated cIOS. Is there a way to install/use Beta under a different cIOS?

Thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very good answers...

You have several choices to run beta and gamma on your system:
- Install the beta cIOS (cIOS36rev6) to IOS247 and the Gamma cIOS(cIOS36rev7) to IOS249 as usual. With this setup you need the beta launcher entryholder fix version which uses IOS247 and the usual Gamma launcher.
- Intall the beta cIOS(cIOS36rev6) to IOS249 and the Gamma cIOS(cIOS36rev7) to IOS247. With this setup you need the "regular" beta entryholder fix launcher and a Gamma which is assigned to IOS247. It's most likely you will not find a Gamma IOS247 launcher, and with 002 fix chances are less, so you need to compile this yourself.
- Switch to SoftChip and 1:1 copies: Install the beta and gamma cIOS anywhere you want, IOS248 and IOS249 are good choices. And everytime you start a game select the correct cIOS.
- A combination of SoftChip for the beta cIOS and Gamma for the gamma cIOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nacchete said:
Interesting... Is there any problem installing cIOS36rev7 over cIOS36rev6?

WiiGator's installer won't do this, but Waninkoko's should have no problems with this as long as it doesn't use IOS249 itself. If you install rev7 over rev6, you only have rev7, that's clear?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1