Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just the modification of the release dip module source to change the buffer address to 0x00001800 (suggested by visor1982).
i have not yet tried/received wiigator's new version.

edit: seems like red steel is still not working :< maybe it has some fancy antipiracy or something.

edit2: this doesn't fix the super mario galaxy hill glitch... :< well, there's always room for improvement.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have the Backup Loader Beta 2. This one actually loads up games now
tongue.gif
. I only tested 2 games that I know I had problems with.

Mario Kart Wii: Takes a while for loading Menus/stages. But it loads the 2nd stage like it should instead of locking up.
smile.gif
(I didn't try Wi-Fi because I kept disconnecting but I think thats because of my connection. It probably wouldn't have worked anyway.)
Red Steel: Doesn't boot up at all
NBA Live 09: Stuck at the "EA Sports" Loading screen.

If anyone wants any of the games I have to be tested, just ask.

Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 (NTSC-JP)
Mario Super Star Sluggers (NTSC-US)
Super Paper Mario (NTSC-US)
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (NTSC-JP)
Call of Duty 3 (NTSC-US)
No More Heroes (NTSC-US)

and no I won't download any games.
smile.gif

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aaah very nice to read they working on it very hard.. woah can't wait till it's to release time cause i want to play that damn mario kart
tongue.gif

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Ok, so I have the Backup Loader Beta 2. This one actually loads up games now
tongue.gif
. I only tested 2 games that I know I had problems with.

Mario Kart Wii: Takes a while for loading Menus/stages. But it loads the 2nd stage like it should instead of locking up.
smile.gif
(I didn't try Wi-Fi because I kept disconnecting but I think thats because of my connection. It probably wouldn't have worked anyway.)
Red Steel: Doesn't boot up at all
NBA Live 09: Stuck at the "EA Sports" Loading screen.

If anyone wants any of the games I have to be tested, just ask.

Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 (NTSC-JP)
Mario Super Star Sluggers (NTSC-US)
Super Paper Mario (NTSC-US)
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (NTSC-JP)
Call of Duty 3 (NTSC-US)
No More Heroes (NTSC-US)

and no I won't download any games.
smile.gif

Try every game you have, and madden 09 wifi worked so some games online might work.

looseskrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
no, the wad manager gives error -1017 if you try to uninstall the custom ios using its wad.
edit: yes, it works. mario kart now doesn't crash on loading 2nd race!! thx every1!
i wonder if any other games are fixed??

i will save some of you the effort of compiling, and wad making: here's a link.

id love to see what other improvements wiigator/others can make. perhaps this will give waninkoko a reason to release his updates.

edit: seems like games aren't working with the wiigator backup launcher, you have to use the waninkoko one. (maybe some1 can check this out, maybe it uses the memory location for sd codes/hacks or something?).
seems like Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night now works (videos still very choppy in parts). maybe ill have to burn warioware to see if that works as well.
edit2: sonic and the secret rings also working...

Well, I did your fix, and so far, Mario Sluggers and DeBlob no longer work.

Mario hangs on bluescreen, and DeBlob never loads.

What exactly is this fix for?

Should I have used it yet?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just a modification of the custom ios made by waninkoko as i said above, i can't predict anything about what it will break/fix but it hasn't broken anything yet for me except that for some reason it doesn't work with wiigator's loader, so I guess I can't play metroid prime 3, but I don't remember having any problems going in and out of doors on that game so someone else will have to test if it's fixed or not.
if you don't like how it works, uninstal it and put the old one back, but i think you need to reboot the wii 1st to make sure it's applied and try waninkoko's loader program.

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looseskrewz said:
ppc_gba said:
no, the wad manager gives error -1017 if you try to uninstall the custom ios using its wad.
edit: yes, it works. mario kart now doesn't crash on loading 2nd race!! thx every1!
i wonder if any other games are fixed??

i will save some of you the effort of compiling, and wad making: here's a link.

id love to see what other improvements wiigator/others can make. perhaps this will give waninkoko a reason to release his updates.

edit: seems like games aren't working with the wiigator backup launcher, you have to use the waninkoko one. (maybe some1 can check this out, maybe it uses the memory location for sd codes/hacks or something?).
seems like Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night now works (videos still very choppy in parts). maybe ill have to burn warioware to see if that works as well.
edit2: sonic and the secret rings also working...

Are You using Waninkoko's loader or Wiigators?

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looseskrewz said:

Using anything minutes after it's posted is probably a bad idea if you're not expecting random issues..

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so if you want to use the wiigator loader with this just go into the options and set hook type from vi to gc pad or wii pad.
happy now?

not sure what vi is for but maybe the address/whatever could be changed so it would still work.

edit: no, i think using wii pad disables the wiimote, so stick to gc pad.

also, i never noticed before, but return to wii menu/reset only works from wiigator's loader (probably the work of nuke), from waninkoko's loader return crashes the console and reset reboots it instead of restarting the game.

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
ok, so if you want to use the wiigator loader with this just go into the options and set hook type from vi to gc pad or wii pad.
happy now?

not sure what vi is for but maybe the address/whatever could be changed so it would still work.

Most Likely Vi is for The Wii Remote Or Wii Pad

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just tested the 0.2 and there is still problems with the loader some games get dvd identity error and 0.1 detects all the games some games that are not loading is super paper mario said dvd identity error, lego indiana jones does not load after the airplane loading screen and few others games arent not working so we will have to wait until wiigator fixes those issues

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Cooler89 said:
I have just tested the 0.2 and there is still problems with the loader some games get dvd identity error and 0.1 detects all the games some games that are not loading is super paper mario said dvd identity error, lego indiana jones does not load after the airplane loading screen and few others games arent not working so we will have to wait until wiigator fixes those issues

Paper Mario PAL on PAL Wii - working very well!!!

Tested around 12 Games now and all working even or mostly much better than on v0.1

Only tested pal games on pal wii

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crazyguy said:
Cooler89 said:

Paper Mario PAL on PAL Wii - working very well!!!

Tested around 12 Games now and all working even or mostly much better than on v0.1

Only tested pal games on pal wii

Well on NTSC paper mario does not work with the 0.2 launcher and other few games were having problem like lego indiana jones let me know if that game works for you and few other let us know which games you test for NTSC if you have NTSC console or a game

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Yep, 0.2 still gets DVD Identify Error.
Which means it is not a problem in the DVDs (which worked on 0.1) or the IOS (with you updating it) so there is a problem in the Backup Loader.

Yep thats what i got when i put in paper mario i am sure wiigator will fix that problem since its onlly alpha release

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I updated the IOS.

Tried the followin so far:

Metroid 3:
Working well, loading times with the doors seem to have reduced, I actually had the patience to wait for the doors to open (about 2 minutes)

Mario Galaxy:
The hill error is still there.

Mario Kart Wii:
No crashes, tried to play online, but loading time still disconnects you from the race.

House of dead 2 & 3:
House of dead 2 still dosn't work

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Yep, 0.2 still gets DVD Identify Error.
Which means it is not a problem in the DVDs (which worked on 0.1) or the IOS (with you updating it) so there is a problem in the Backup Loader.

Yep thats what i got when i put in paper mario i am sure wiigator will fix that problem since its onlly alpha release
I don't have those errors. Did you reinstall the IOS?

razor950

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that idea of a development section for only talk on that and not spam would be good. maybe even a irc channel would help get some people together.

It's weird how changing the address makes one game work and the rest fail, I wish I had a usb gecko atm
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle