Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
ok it is ILLEGAL to backup any game you have without the owners consent owner being the publisher so if you had say BULLY Orginal you would have to contact ocksta and ask thier permission to duplicate thier software then if you get the go ahead (no bloody likely) you will then need to contact dendo to ask if you can bypass thier security (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) so no matter how you dress it up blag all the stories you like once you change bios' and detear the console from running its security checks you are in vilation on copyright laws and its world wide not differing from country to country F.A.C.T or E.L.P.S.A and theres 2 or 3 differant ones aswell for states and Austrailia watch the end of simpsons DVDs and they are ALL mentioned on there...hope this hasnt offened anyone?

Well, on our side of the pacific, it's most perfectly legal to backup, copy, and otherwise do what ever fuck you want with the content you've payed for; that including making a backup copy of whatever reason, be it to protect the original or just for the fun of it. If you say, sell the original, it might be another story, but as long as you still have it, you're allowed to keep backups WITHOUT ASKING THE PUBLISHER FOR PERMISSION. Heck, I would say it's probably not even explicitly illegal here in Scandinavia to give away backups to your friends, as long as it's not for profit.

And as far as laws making it illegal to tamper with security measures like CSS, Wii disc encryption, or whichever ... no no no; not illegal over here ...

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fair use policy in UK is not a law(no loophole since 2005 may) and thats a little deminshed with XP-vista if you have 4 comps you need 4 Originals you cant pass the license over more then 1 unit and on the last note im behind you 100% if consoles didnt spew out $hit3 i would buy all ive not touched my ps3 and dont intend to as most games are ace and worth £30-£40 and before anyone mentions it imports are a grey area aswell.....but ps3 has multi region happy dayz but dendo you cant bypass the region lock legally to run imports.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We Germans have difficult laws for copying. If a media is copy protected it's forbidden to copy. Wii games are copy protected? I don't know, they use a weird system to read/write their discs, which results in PCs not being able to read them. I can't say if this is a copy protection for a lawyer or not. But i know i can make copies from ps2 games for example, because there isn't any copy protection on ps2 games.

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look this ...wiiv..dish dash, whatever his name is has a problem using sentences.
He most likely lives in the same country they filmed Hostel parts 1 and 2.

And for this country crap?
Drop it.
I would much love to live in Toronto then here anyday.
Like NYC...minus the trash and hookers.
biggrin.gif

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
joda said:
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
ok it is ILLEGAL to backup any game you have without the owners consent owner being the publisher so if you had say BULLY Orginal you would have to contact ocksta and ask thier permission to duplicate thier software then if you get the go ahead (no bloody likely) you will then need to contact dendo to ask if you can bypass thier security (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) so no matter how you dress it up blag all the stories you like once you change bios' and detear the console from running its security checks you are in vilation on copyright laws and its world wide not differing from country to country F.A.C.T or E.L.P.S.A and theres 2 or 3 differant ones aswell for states and Austrailia watch the end of simpsons DVDs and they are ALL mentioned on there...hope this hasnt offened anyone?

Well, on our side of the pacific, it's most perfectly legal to backup, copy, and otherwise do what ever fuck you want with the content you've payed for; that including making a backup copy of whatever reason, be it to protect the original or just for the fun of it. If you say, sell the original, it might be another story, but as long as you still have it, you're allowed to keep backups WITHOUT ASKING THE PUBLISHER FOR PERMISSION. Heck, I would say it's probably not even explicitly illegal here in Scandinavia to give away backups to your friends, as long as it's not for profit.

And as far as laws making it illegal to tamper with security measures like CSS, Wii disc encryption, or whichever ... no no no; not illegal over here ...
I don't think it is either (perhaps that's why the -insert name- has been operating from here for a long time)

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELL NO and i dont care but its boring watch 3-4 pages of people speaking sh1te about laws they make up to suit them if your goin to break laws know you boundries.....come on lets get some coding talking about the place forseakn was here earlier didnt say anything but his new cSM sounds awesome

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
What i like is how people think EULA's are legally binding when they are not.

they are legally binding for your warranty, not for criminal law.

only trying to correct misinformation, not trying to go further off topic.

users of the launchers need to know where they stand,
this and every softmod does void your warranty.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The whole board is holding its breath because wiigator is on... Is it gamma time. But yeah the Csm sounds amazing. between the loader Csm and Bootmii coming out soon all bets are off for nintendo. We bought the hardware we'll use it how we please!

Edit... hmm both of the gods are on and i just got chills....

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
Back on topic, PLEASE GAMMA, I BEG OF YOU, FOR THE SAKE OF OUR MARRIAGE, ALL MARRIAGES, COME OUT.

I have okami, call of duty and de blob waiting to be played. They're just lying there, waiting. Let me play them, and end their misery. They need to be played, or they'll die. You don't want 3 wii games on your conscience do you?

Amazing work so far anyway.
wink.gif

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
The whole board is holding its breath because wiigator is on... Is it gamma time. But yeah the Csm sounds amazing. between the loader Csm and Bootmii coming out soon all bets are off for nintendo. We bought the hardware we'll use it how we please!

damn rite about that. and if gamma is not out this second after i finish this, i hold the right to flush the Wii down the toilet.

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
Back on topic, PLEASE GAMMA, I BEG OF YOU, FOR THE SAKE OF OUR MARRIAGE, ALL MARRIAGES, COME OUT.

I have okami, call of duty and de blob waiting to be played. They're just lying there, waiting. Let me play them, and end their misery. They need to be played, or they'll die. You don't want 3 wii games on your conscience do you?

Amazing work so far anyway.
wink.gif

Yeah, we have a Wolf who runs around using paint, and a Blob that paints...
wait a tick...Grosso, you just need to pick up finger painting.
tongue.gif

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankyou again for you support n00b see what i mean about getting slated? some news on gamma might help release some tension amongst certain users

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
thankyou again for you support n00b see what i mean about getting slated? some news on gamma might help release some tension amongst certain users

But even when we fought,...I didn't stop loving you.
Sooner you realize that the sooner we can get along again.
yaypsp.gif

Kieran801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fingers crossed
tongue.gif

EDIT: Just checked their profiles and they are both using personal messenger.
Maybe they're exchanging the updates and getting ready to release it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.