PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
zerof said:
Having a backup of an original isn't piracy..
sleep.gif

playing it is.

Its legal in Canada and quite a few other countries to have and use a backup copy of a product that you have legally purchased. In most US states that is not the case - though i believe it is in one or two , but correct me if im wrong.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberxion said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
zerof said:
sleep.gif

well they didn't support the backup loader... so you do the math

Besides, it's not like everyone is using it for that purpose. I mean, people will tell you that they are, but then they've got a stack of 100 games, 80 of which they don't own a legit copy of.
tongue.gif
i have 30 games backed up and 24 of them i own... the others i just haven't bought yet(short on cash atm) but am buying soon
QUOTE(djtaz @ Nov 14 2008, 12:23 PM)
Its legal in Canada and quite a few other countries to have and use a backup copy of a product that you have legally purchased. In most US states that is not the case - though i believe it is in one or two , but correct me if im wrong.
i believe you are correct sir

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
noobwarrior7 said:
zerof said:
sleep.gif

playing it is.

you are quite right, commonwealths in the US have their own setups, just different, not necessarily legal.

I looked at his flag, which is why I was going with illegal.

it mainly has to do with US law nitpicking at the definition of "own"

and there are countries stricter than the US

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tested today :

Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of The New World , NTSC US

Platform : WII (
tongue.gif
) , backup loading enabled

Sotfware tested : wiigator 0.3 beta + wiigator 0.3 beta-fixed for Disaster.

Results : Game's loading perfectly, however there has been some lag in the intro scene (they removed the japanese one, and now, it's a boring and meanless song
cry.gif
...) , unlike the NTSC jap backup , but it must have been spoiled/altered (right verbs ??) during the burning or hmm...the...hmm...extraction process !
closedeyes.gif

Several lag to load battles phases, but playable ('ss gonna be hard for level-up , hope for our gamma savior ).

No serious issues...just the speed, as usual...

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BL4Z3D247 said:
i have 30 games backed up and 24 of them i own... the others i just haven't bought yet(short on cash atm) but am buying soon
I don't doubt that for one second my friend. I have about 12 backups, and all but three of them are games that I've purchased. The other three are games I will most certainly purchase now that I’ve tried them. Though that doesn't really excuse those three, seeing as I could have rented them, even being short on cash at the moment.
tongue.gif

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it is ILLEGAL to backup any game you have without the owners consent owner being the publisher so if you had say BULLY Orginal you would have to contact ocksta and ask thier permission to duplicate thier software then if you get the go ahead (no bloody likely) you will then need to contact dendo to ask if you can bypass thier security (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) so no matter how you dress it up blag all the stories you like once you change bios' and detear the console from running its security checks you are in vilation on copyright laws and its world wide not differing from country to country F.A.C.T or E.L.P.S.A and theres 2 or 3 differant ones aswell for states and Austrailia watch the end of simpsons DVDs and they are ALL mentioned on there...hope this hasnt offened anyone?

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
ok it is ILLEGAL to backup any game you have without the owners consent owner being the publisher so if you had say BULLY Orginal you would have to contact ocksta and ask thier permission to duplicate thier software then if you get the go ahead (no bloody likely) you will then need to contact dendo to ask if you can bypass thier security (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN) so no matter how you dress it up blag all the stories you like once you change bios' and detear the console from running its security checks you are in vilation on copyright laws and its world wide not differing from country to country F.A.C.T or E.L.P.S.A and theres 2 or 3 differant ones aswell for states and Austrailia watch the end of simpsons DVDs and they are ALL mentioned on there...hope this hasnt offened anyone?

I will prolly enjoy a nice week or two vacation ban for this....

SHUT...THE......FUCK...UP!!

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in regards to dendo if your child is under 13 and they go online and update dendo are breaking the law as NO minor under the age of 13 is allowed to enter into any online contract..i.e all updates are in breach of contract cIOS is not a hard modification and can be erased you not changing bois persay like on xbox ony are also breaking the law with updates for sp on new game updates 13+

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
in regards to dendo if your child is under 13 and they go online and update dendo are breaking the law as NO minor under the age of 13 is allowed to enter into any online contract..i.e all updates are in breach of contract cIOS is not a hard modification and can be erased you not changing bois persay like on xbox ony are also breaking the law with updates for sp on new game updates 13+

Are you a gold farmer? you write like one.

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at least there was no perfanity there and i dont agree with what thw law states nor do i condone the law but i wish people would stop blagging stories about my little brother my kids blah blah your allowed to do this....is all rubbish stop decorating it up in short hacking is ILLIGAL be it a server or SYSTEM. HACKING=NOT ALLOWED

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
digitydogs said:
What i like is how people think EULA's are legally binding when they are not.

Here in Germany nearly all EULAs do not bind. If the EULA isn't easily available before buying, it can't bind.

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
lol at least there was no perfanity there and i dont agree with what thw law states nor do i condone the law but i wish people would stop blagging stories about my little brother my kids blah blah your allowed to do this....is all rubbish stop decorating it up in short hacking is ILLIGAL be it a server or SYSTEM. HACKING=NOT ALLOWED

ME FARM GLOD U BUY

smartybones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot americans need to be shown a reminder on where the borders of the USA are, and that the laws within it are not enforcable outside that area.

In the USA, it is against the law to bypass any copy protection, wether it is to use homebrew software or not.

Here in the UK and in many other places in the world, it is considdered fair use to make a backup of the media you have paid for and to make the equiptment YOU bought to play the originals compatable with a backup.

there is a argument to say that you do not need a backup, you only buy a licence to use the software. if the media it is supplied on becomes damaged, then as you have paid for a licence to use the software they must replace the media at a reasonable cost.

personaly, and i dont care who thinks its wrong, I will try a game before i buy it....I have tried so many games that have been total $h1t, and i would be so anoyed if i had paid £20 to £35 quid for it....

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
you are saying this on a thread concerning a softmod....

MCBarkingSpoon said:
QUOTE(wiiv1.5owners3 @ Nov 14 2008, 01:16 PM) lol at least there was no perfanity there and i dont agree with what thw law states nor do i condone the law but i wish people would stop blagging stories about my little brother my kids blah blah your allowed to do this....is all rubbish stop decorating it up in short hacking is ILLIGAL be it a server or SYSTEM. HACKING=NOT ALLOWED

ME FARM GLOD U BUY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: