El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
alphax13 said:
El-Grosso said:
alphax13 said:
El-Grosso said:
I leave this thread for like a day and theres like 15 new pages. You'd think that would be an indication to the release, but no. More banter. More god damn banter!

Release nao!

I agree....

You're not allowed to agree.

Fuck you then.

Out.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
hey noobwarrior besides cost effective of soft mod heres a few points....
6x read speed - 3x softmod but cache can run like 6x -common misunderstanding, fueled by people who think games really only "load" during "loading screens"
-gamecube support - this is being worked on over in another forum and possible I know, we're talking present time
-easy-update (no "uninstalling" anything) - soft mod easy updating no burning required
-helpful in almost all unbricking situations - bootmii with gamepad accessable i believe you haven't read enough, but you have a basic understanding
-true disc channel loading - again foresakhn has cracked this with cSM by "True" I mean, at-boot AND with real disc loading too, I'll wait and see
-higher compatibility - i'll give you this point good, although this is one of the weakest, since the goal of the launchers is this
-RW comapitbility - not really issue most dvd -/+ anyway and -r cheaper right, really only useful for testing out games, but custom GH3 designer probably find htis useful
-+R no booktyping needed - (sorry dont understand booktype ive no problem) yes, its no big issue
-autobooting possible - Foresakhn remedied this I think you're mistaken about what I'm talking about, boot before sysmenu
-completely stealth (not really that important, but still nice) - can use online I know, it isnt important
-cross-region usually holds no real limitations (especially with GeckoOS) - no region locking on 0.3 but still a lot of region compat issues
-better DL support - no one would download 9GB and discs are to expensive personal preference, all viewpoints valid
so all in all its better to soft mod in my oppinion...oh and the law states you cant mod you console with 3rd party device (i.e chips) to get around copyright on games...as said just my opinion.
most important for you to understand: you CAN NOT LEGALLY use something to play BACKUPS (at least in the US)
it is legal to:
-have something that boots backups
-make/have backups
it is not legal to:
-sell backups or something to play them with
-use something that will play them to ACTUALLY play them
this includes the launchers

but, I do appreciate the calm, thought-out retort.

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for helping me out on a few thing i didnt understand there noob seems every time ive opened my mouth my head gets bitten off so nice to have a discussion about the actual topic and thread without being slated thankyou.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
thanks for helping me out on a few thing i didnt understand there noob seems every time ive opened my mouth my head gets bitten off so nice to have a discussion about the actual topic and thread without being slated thankyou.

Haha - dont be afraid to post. Someone is always going to disagree.
If you can keep it on topic thats even better - Noob has a good grasp at how all this works so well done for helping everyone out and keeping things straight noobwarrior7

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
SECOND WARNING.
No more spamming, stick on topic or go to EOF.
Seriously, make all the jokes you like in EOF.

BurningSpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm guessing that a free softmod with how-to's that even noobs can follow to get it working could potentially put a dent in that modchip install services.

However, just like with the PSP, many folks still make money installing FREE CFW for totally inept users. so, that's something to still look forward to.

Thanks for the informative comparison, noobwarrior!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiv1.5owners3 said:

no problem, allow me to elaborate:

-in total fairness, 3x isn't gonna be a PROBLEM for most discs...only games that are read-to a LOT (CoD:waw) are gonna be big pains, and they are still playable....however...I want to point out that this ties in with the stealth aspect...

...in the very unlikely event that ninty wanted to go through the effort of going from no real monitoring to scanning for such things....disc read speed and "scrubbed-ness" would be the obvious ways to go....also...the launchers aren't actually convincing the system it is a wii optical disc, although I seriously doubt this could ever be easily detected, a chip doesn't have that problem.
that is why stealth isnt really an issue, and why i didn't tie 3x in with that. either way, its most likely not ever gonna be an issue. its a nonissue.

some people don't like even the slightest stutter in their video or online experience. (understandable, I think)

-unless you are on

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
SECOND WARNING.
No more spamming, stick on topic or go to EOF.
Seriously, make all the jokes you like in EOF.
sorry OSW didn't see the first warning a few pages back... i'll shut it for you buddy *zip*
smile.gif

*checking out EOF?*

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i spy waninkoko again 3 times in a day this is a treat even though he seems to be swimming the waters lurking for prey.......lets watch and see what happens.....CRIKEY i thought he was going to post then..steady on fella that sting could be you final ray of light....good job he got the gamma shield to protect himself

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurningSpear said:
so i'm guessing that a free softmod with how-to's that even noobs can follow to get it working could potentially put a dent in that modchip install services.

However, just like with the PSP, many folks still make money installing FREE CFW for totally inept users. so, that's something to still look forward to.

Thanks for the informative comparison, noobwarrior!

I tell people that it is easy to do, and they still don't want to do it themselves, lol.

Plus, even though I offer no guarentee, they'd like someplace to put the blame if anything goes wrong.

15-20 depending on how nice they ask....that's really not much profit, considering time and I throw in a free disc as proof.

they're mainly paying for my knowledge, use of SD card and TP

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i spy waninkoko again 3 times in a day this is a treat even though he seems to be swimming the waters lurking for prey.......lets watch and see what happens.....CRIKEY i thought he was going to post then..steady on fella that sting could be you final ray of light....good job he got the gamma shield to protect himself
haha! so we CAN have both! funny and on topic! nice! LOL

On topic: I wont hold my breath for the release today but you can feel the anticipation building! though its ALWAYS worth the wait a fruitful release is always a better release even when there Is a bit of a wait huh? So getting a update this quickly shows the commitment of these legendary hackers!

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we thought waninkoko my of eating wiishizza and wiigator although yet to see wiigator i just spotted wishizza over the hill next to the puddle looking over merky water at the RARE waninkoko

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BL4Z3D247 said:
zerof said:
Having a backup of an original isn't piracy..
sleep.gif
well they didn't support the backup loader... so you do the math
Besides, it's not like everyone is using it for that purpose. I mean, people will tell you that they are, but then they've got a stack of 100 games, 80 of which they don't own a legit copy of.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: