Hacking Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma - Noncompatibility List

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
darkdsguy said:
Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

Yesterday at Night I was using my Wii Playing Wario Land Shake It NTSC-J in my NTSC Wii with the backup loader 0.3 gamma. I played then turn off my Wii and went to sleep. I wake up today and turn on my Wii to play it and I found that The game appeared in the disc channel (is a burned game and my wii doesnt have any modchip) without going to the backup loader. I click on it and... i can play it!! I turn off my Wii and turned it on again and it appeared again in the disc channel. I havent tried other game yet. Can someone tell me what happen.

Before I burned the Iso I changed it's region with WiiFrii 2.3b and patchet it with the IOS Version Patcher made by Waninkoko

You didn't play it with Gamma, you played it with the Gamma rebooter, right? If you use the rebooter the disc channel stores the information about the game until a new game is inserted. Normally the game wouldn't be playable, but you patched it to use your cIOS, that's why it is working, while others aren't working this way. But why did you patch the game anyways, it doesn't need any patches.

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to bring this to attention.

Ive now done about 10 wii's for friends. Ive found that my own Wii (a launch wii) can playback any type of DVD+-R and at any speed.

The next 8 of them will playback any wii games burned at any speed, but they have to be on DVD-R. And the 9th one so far has spat back at me DVD-R burned at any speed.

Need to try out DVD+R and DVD-R burned at 4x instead of the usual 6x or 8x.

Anyone else found this when trying to load their games into the backup launcher?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
check the serials to compare the drive chips, mine is LU525 wich aparently is a D2C drive chip, so maybe diferent drive = diferent reading

deadwilder

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Party 8 loads fine but it takes a long time when loading the mini games and sometimes it will give me the "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off" error and force me to reset.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
deadwilder said:
Mario Party 8 loads fine but it takes a long time when loading the mini games and sometimes it will give me the "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off" error and force me to reset.

DRE are because bad burnings, some DVD's only can be burnt at 8X 12X and 16X, check your Disc ID with ImgBurn and then click HERE to see wich kind of media you are using...!!!
smile.gif

Genesis19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Dragon Ball Z BT 3 doesnt work.....I'll get into the game seems to be working fine than BAM hits me with a cant read disc error and im all like....no way....Im using a DVD-R memorex and burned it with IMGBurn at 2x speeds, im using backup loader .03 i think and installed cIOS from Wiigater and stuff so im not sure what im doing wrong
biggrin.gif
any help would very much be appreciated...btw using twilight hack
biggrin.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Genesis19 said:
My Dragon Ball Z BT 3 doesnt work.....I'll get into the game seems to be working fine than BAM hits me with a cant read disc error and im all like....no way....Im using a DVD-R memorex and burned it with IMGBurn at 2x speeds, im using backup loader .03 i think and installed cIOS from Wiigater and stuff so im not sure what im doing wrong
biggrin.gif
any help would very much be appreciated...btw using twilight hack
biggrin.gif

You opened a topic for this already and were given the answers. Don't repost here hoping for an answer you'll like better.
Mod please remove his post.

brabomichel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't get " meet the robinsons (pal) " to work whit gamma loader (002 fix). after gamma shows game-id i get an black screen and keeps hanging in black screen.

anyone got this game tot work whit gamma loader??? please help me

i use verbatim -r . burn whit differents speeds

strell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel like reading 23 more pages - Monster Lab does not appear to be working. I have tried two different burns of two images from different sources.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
strell said:
I don't feel like reading 23 more pages - Monster Lab does not appear to be working. I have tried two different burns of two images from different sources.

Without any information, nodody is able to tell if that's because of your configuration, your burn or a real issue.

Fleeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a working copy of monster lab its ntsc same as my wii burn at 2x on a maxell dvd-r loaded with the gamma loader

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot make Tak And The Guardians Of Gross working on gamma
frown.gif

Any advice?
Anybody tested GeckoOS 1.07b if it is working with this one?
Thanks

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
This thread is for Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, it is not for ModChip users...!!!
wink2.gif

I agreed. Why not explain that to my friend because he said you must have MODDED System for it to work.. I said no way. His quote:

QUOTEi guarantee that they will not work until you softmod or modchip the console.

EDIT* A softmod is the act of using software to modify the intended behaviour of hardware, such as video cards, sound cards, or game consoles in a way that can unlock or enable disabled features

A softmod is the act of using software to modify the intended behavior of hardware.

I have a softmoded wii and a untouched wii. can you tell me how i can play these on my untouched wii? it isnt possible also im a member of the site. im pretty sure they will tell you its softmoded. and if not i would love to know why its not. let me know!

Can you help answer his question ? He insists that Wii must have MODDED to do that. Thanks.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you laughing at your friend..??

QUOTE said:
can you tell me how i can play these on my untouched wii?

he can play the games he want to play on an untouched wii, IF he buy the legit copy, as simple as that, if he is as sttuborn as a mule, then let him be and get away from him, it can be conteagious...!!
wtf.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
What a testament to the quality of the loaders Code! look how FEW pages there are in this thread! Personally I find this pretty impressive! keep up the gr8 work!

NFS:undercover is a no-go

TO THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS (saying red steel and others do not work)

RED STEEL AND OTHERS DO WORK! ON 0.3 GAMMA SEE THE WANINKOKO IOSPATCHER

ITS IN A MK:ARMEGADDON THREAD (here at gbatemp) i think the link is in the 0.3 compat wiki just look at comments for MK:ARMEGADDON THAT HAS THE PATCHER I HAVE USED IT!

works for a LOT of games you have all posted here
wink.gif
you can beleave what u want but i HAVE working backups of no more heroes, red steel and others
wink.gif
patched using an arrey of tools mostly IOSpatcher by waninkoko....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vettacossx said:
What a testament to the quality of the loaders Code! look how FEW pages there are in this thread! Personally I find this pretty impressive! keep up the gr8 work!

NFS:undercover is a no-go

TO THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS (saying red steel and others do not work)

RED STEEL AND OTHERS DO WORK! ON 0.3 GAMMA SEE THE WANINKOKO IOSPATCHER

ITS IN A MK:ARMEGADDON THREAD (here at gbatemp) i think the link is in the 0.3 compat wiki just look at comments for MK:ARMEGADDON THAT HAS THE PATCHER I HAVE USED IT!

works for a LOT of games you have all posted here
wink.gif
you can beleave what u want but i HAVE working backups of no more heroes, red steel and others
wink.gif
patched using an arrey of tools mostly IOSpatcher by waninkoko....

The thread just isn't up-to-date. Mine is a little more recent:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

but it's not up-to-date too, because infos about cioscorp are missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm