Hacking Backup Channel Images (Imitation of Disc Channel)

Baklava

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a whole lot for creating the Dutch banner, it looks awesome. One thing I noticed that is different from the original Wii disc channel is the entry in the Wii menu. You did an excellent job fixing up the discs in the banner, but the disc on the channel in the Wii menu still looks stretched on 16x9.

Keep up the good work and thanks a million for the Dutch one, I'll try and pack it myself.

aakerlind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work penguin!

Altough it isnt perfect yet. Ive measured some things that you might change
smile.gif

http://www.aakerlind.com/DSC00196.png

If you look at that picture taken from me on my crappy bedroom 32" lcd you'll notice two arrows.

The red:ish one is where I want to point out that the text is a bit bolder than the original disc channel one and that its too much on the left. The text should start about 3 letters more to the right than it is right now.

The green points out the blue upper field. You should also raise that one about 6px or something. I bet you can compare yours and the disc channel and you'll notice that aswell ;P

And finally the text "Please insert a backup." is also too bold:ish comparing to disc channel.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey penguin, I think the icon and logo images also need to be redone to be 16:9 as the channels in 16:9 mode are a little wider than in 4:3 mode (unless you already did that, I haven't tried your channel yet). Other than that, great work, it really IS the best gamma channel out there, for me at least.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If anyone is interessted, here are the German Channels with Softchip (R74) injected:

4:3 (Backup Disc-Kanal-6664)

16:9 (Backup Disc-Kanal-6666)

Both with the sound from lourens (many thanks at him!!), tested and worked (PAL, 3.2E).

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Blue-K said:
If anyone is interessted, here are the German Channels with Softchip (R74) injected:

Both with the sound from lourens (many thanks at him!!), tested and worked (PAL, 3.2E).
i got an error when trying to install the 16:9 one in an NTSC wii

asthepenguinflie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lourens said:
Allright I got the sound, finally. Now only cutting it and uploading remains, stay tuned.

Allright here it is: http://www.zshare.net/download/533499268afd0672/

Awesome work, thanks so much. I do hear just a slight click at the end from a cursor rollover, but this is by far the best sound I've found. I'll take the tiny little click off and use this wav when I compile the channel next.

@aakerlind: I'll get to work on the boldness/justifying issues. Once we think we have this complete I'll release the .psd for people to play with to their heart's content, and start working on a disc dumper channel in this same vein.

With all these contributions I'm gonna have to start including a readme file!

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know about that click, I removed it in the WAV file. I can't wait until the animation tools of 0rangeCHiCKEN. Maybe a Wii disc spinning and turning into a DVD-R DISC. Anyway I really like graphics of your channel.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
dajavax said:
Blue-K said:

i got an error when trying to install the 16:9 one in an NTSC wii
nvm... i just re-downloaded and it worked
smile.gif
thanks

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
If possible an italian version would be cool:

Backup Channel -> Canale Backup
Please insert a backup. -> Inserisci un backup.

I would like a 4:3 gamma 002fix, autoboot, no force with it.
tongue.gif

However I tried the standard one with 002fix but with Bleach VC it seems to not work, still got the 002 error. >>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1