Hacking Back to PSP

Stryker412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a PSP years ago with CFW which was great. I sold it to a friend but now I'm wanting to get another one. It's been years since I've modded a PSP. What's the best version at this point to mod with CFW? A 3K or Vita? I've read the Vita is much harder to mod. I really only want it for emulation.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
In the future the Vita probably will be the better choice. It's only recently been hacked so a lot of great things should come soon. You should be able to do anything the PSP can do (eventually) plus have native Vita Homebrew.

Long term the Vita, short term the PSP is probably the better choice.

If your capable of visiting a webpage from the Vita's web browser and then copying files via FTP you can get homebrew up and running, it's not hard at all.

Reactions: zfreeman

Stryker412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the differences between the 1001 and 2001 Vita?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, if I did decide to stay with a PSP for now. What are you suggestions for type and software version?

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short term the psp, it'll do what you need to for emulators. Eventually the psp won't be needed due to the vita.

Dont quote me but any psp system + firmware is hackable. Unless there was a new update I haven't heard of.

D

Deleted User

Don't buy psp 3000. The screen is bad. I had psp 1000 . I sold it then i wanted to buy a newer model . I debated with one to buy psp 2000 or psp 3000. I finally decided to buy the 3000 model. Big mistake. I was reading on the Internet that the screen is more clear, no ghosting (i dont even know wtf it's mean). better buttons ,blablabla. But the scanlines on the screen make many games looks so bad for me. not natural it all. I am sad. As for the vita i don't care. If you want to buy console in new condition go for the vita it's cheaper.

Stryker412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Contacted the friend I sold my 2001 to a few years ago. He said it still works and I can just have it back. I'll have to buy a new battery. Did I read correctly that there is a MS Duo adapter that allows use of microSD?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that adapter exists. The quality of those adapters vary wildly. Most are so fragile that taking the adapter in and out from the psp weakens the card. Also, in my experience, the initial loading times are slow, because you'll have 50 gigs of iso's. Even with over locking the psp and "speed up memory stick" enabled. Buy at your own risk. I ended up getting the 32g pro duo.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, that adapter exists. The quality of those adapters vary wildly. Most are so fragile that taking the adapter in and out from the psp weakens the card. Also, in my experience, the initial loading times are slow, because you'll have 50 gigs of iso's. Even with over locking the psp and "speed up memory stick" enabled. Buy at your own risk. I ended up getting the 32g pro duo.
Load times are indeed long with my MicroSD to MSPD adapter, but other than that I haven't had any issues with it, quality seems decent too. Haven't used my PSP in ages though. Mine is a Kingston branded one, but I'm sure it's not actually made by Kingston, I don't think they even make those.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Batteries can be purchased with relative ease.
They usually don't cost to much.

As for memorycards, I'd highly recommend a MS Pro Duo (legit one)
Fakes are plain rubbish and Photofasts are a hit and miss.

Edit:
You can make ISOs smaller with YACC (except the GTAs, which will lag)

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Stryker412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking on Amazon but the reviews for most batteries have been poor. Most say the batteries don't give a full charge after a few months.

Stryker412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few weeks, I've gotten my PSP back. It is currently at firmware 5.50 with GEN-D2 CFW installed. Any reason I need to upgrade either the PSP software or the CFW?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
After a few weeks, I've gotten my PSP back. It is currently at firmware 5.50 with GEN-D2 CFW installed. Any reason I need to upgrade either the PSP software or the CFW?
Newer games will run on 6.x better. Also better plugin support. Those GEN cfws were very infamous back then.
You seem to have a Pandora able Mobo. My suggestion would be to install 6.60 ME latest version (don't use LME perma or PRO with cIPL, or infinity even though you can). ME is the closest thing to m33, you can always install PRO on ME, and boot into it whenever you feel like it. You'll get more PSP support on wololo.

Elizabethx90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Elizabethx90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for th permapatch for cipl flasher? But the 3000 brite colors and screen. :ninja:
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with my TA-088v2 screenwise, aside from the display being a little bit tilted from the panel being replaced. Infinity is a hybrid firmware, which is why I don't really prefer it. :(

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with my TA-088v2 screenwise, aside from the display being a little bit tilted from the panel being replaced. Infinity is a hybrid firmware, which is why I don't really prefer it. :(
Well it also has some bugs that isn't fixed... yet. But those Brite colors of the 3000. :)
Permenate cfw is good to have, but still the fast recovery isn't so bad. Still i like to get that Promethus coldbird online server working if possible, i wanna try online psp games. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1