ROM Hack B9S question

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

this question has been probably asked a lot of time, but I couldn't find my answer.

So, I'm thinking about updating from A9LH to B9S. Since it's brand new method of obtaining CFW I've read that it doesn't contains that much features. So is it really worth to waste time right now to update from A9LH to B9S? What benefits are of it? Please, consider that I'm casual gamer on 3DS since I bought switch and 99% of games which do I play on 3DS I have physical copy of it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

this question has been probably asked a lot of time, but I couldn't find my answer.

So, I'm thinking about updating from A9LH to B9S. Since it's brand new method of obtaining CFW I've read that it doesn't contains that much features. So is it really worth to waste time right now to update from A9LH to B9S? What benefits are of it? Please, consider that I'm casual gamer on 3DS since I bought switch and 99% of games which do I play on 3DS I have physical copy of it.
B9S and A9lH are no different in the way they work on your system. There are no "features" of A9LH that B9S doesn't have. They simply allow your CFW to boot before the OFW while running patches.

Anyway, A9LH is no longer supported. Luma is currently on version 8.1.1 and as of now (and all future releases) will ONLY be compatible with B9S. Long story short if you want to keep your CFW up to date, you HAVE to install B9S.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B9S 1.2 is required to be able to use later versions of Luma3DS and lots of other applications. If you're just a normal user who uses only Luma3DS and doesn't care which version it is, you're not going to notice any difference between A9LH and B9S.

For the reason above, the upgrade to B9S is highly recommended.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well yeah.. I really do not need some extra features or anything from what do I have now. But I will think about updating since I love to mess with that kind of stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1