B9S question

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Virdoo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

this question has been probably asked a lot of time, but I couldn't find my answer.

So, I'm thinking about updating from A9LH to B9S. Since it's brand new method of obtaining CFW I've read that it doesn't contains that much features. So is it really worth to waste time right now to update from A9LH to B9S? What benefits are of it? Please, consider that I'm casual gamer on 3DS since I bought switch and 99% of games which do I play on 3DS I have physical copy of it.

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    B9S and A9lH are no different in the way they work on your system. There are no "features" of A9LH that B9S doesn't have. They simply allow your CFW to boot before the OFW while running patches.

Anyway, A9LH is no longer supported. Luma is currently on version 8.1.1 and as of now (and all future releases) will ONLY be compatible with B9S. Long story short if you want to keep your CFW up to date, you HAVE to install B9S.

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    B9S 1.2 is required to be able to use later versions of Luma3DS and lots of other applications. If you're just a normal user who uses only Luma3DS and doesn't care which version it is, you're not going to notice any difference between A9LH and B9S.

For the reason above, the upgrade to B9S is highly recommended.

4. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Well yeah.. I really do not need some extra features or anything from what do I have now. But I will think about updating since I love to mess with that kind of stuff.

5. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.