Question Avatar Problems

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I have a problem every time I try to upload a new avatar. My old one shows instead of my new one. I have to refresh the page, delete re-upload, and do this multiple times till my new avatar shows. Does anyone know why? And how can I upload first go without having to do this?

Reactions: Marcosbong

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a problem every time I try to upload a new avatar. My old one shows instead of my new one. I have to refresh the page, delete re-upload, and do this multiple times till my new avatar shows. Does anyone know why? And how can I upload first go without having to do this?
Your browser cache keeps the old one. If it says it applied successfully, it did. If you want to see it right away, delete gbatemp's (or the whole browser's) cache. (But others who don't do this still see your old avy for a while.)

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
It can be buggy, but it'll always take on its own given enough time. I've had the new one show up for forum posts, but the old still appear for profile posts. No amount of reuploading could solve it, but letting it sit for three days allowed the problem to take care of itself. If you give it time, I'd bet it'll take without you having to do anything beyond the initial change.

EDIT: And yes, what the poster above said; try clearing the cache.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is this your new avatar?

upload_2018-4-27_0-38-10.png

If yes, it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, in the sign in page you can add your email, why not replace the discord server bs... +1