Gaming Avalon Code gets an 8.3 from IGN

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new DS action RPG developed by Matrix has really caught my eye. I played a bit with the Japanese version and really liked what I saw. The real meat and innovation is the code system. You can scan people and things to reveal their "codes" on the touch screen. And these codes contain attributes which appear as Tetris-like blocks which you can swap in and out of the object's code to change it's attributes. It's very deep and fun and really adds a lot of strategy to things.

Anyways, IGN reviewed it today and gave it a respectable 8.3/10.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/960/960196p1.html

Their only gripe were some control issues that were rather minor but noticeable. Apparently scanning things can take some precise positioning. I'm not really sure. I can't wait for this game. It comes out on March 10th over in the US.

Jvct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hum...
JRPGs...
yaynds.gif

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
Now I'm definitely curious I know the game but I didn't expect to launch this month XD. This game is really under my radar, I've been preoccupied by GTA:CW's launch date I nearly forgot about this.

I've been looking for an Akshun grindan gaem for the DS (other than FFCC and PS0), I can now entertain my self playing this game untill GTA:CW and other wanted fan-translation is finished
tongue.gif
yaynds.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes the 10th (tom.) is the shipping date,but if your lucky a store sells them early which leads to an earlier dump but I wouldn't get your hopes up for tom.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, does this game force you to use the stylus for everything? To be honest, I can't stand that =/

Even worse is when they throw in more traditional controls (d-pad and face buttons), but make them near unusable when compared to the stylus control setup.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game forces you to use the stylus, but it never FEELS forced (hard as that may seem). It's fun and intuitive. At LEAST give it a try before you judge it. If you won't though, more fun for us and your loss.
tongue.gif

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is ten times better than plus dragon plus, and someone uploaded it 3 days before guess I'll wait till tomorrow

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hachibei said:
So, does this game force you to use the stylus for everything? To be honest, I can't stand that =/

Even worse is when they throw in more traditional controls (d-pad and face buttons), but make them near unusable when compared to the stylus control setup.
*cough* Dragon Ball Origins *cough*

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well i dont mind using the stylus only , the ds was made for this and i think making games with no use or only a little use of the touch screen is a waste of time , they mostly look like GBA games anyway

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
This game forces you to use the stylus, but it never FEELS forced (hard as that may seem)....

Hmm...as interested as I have been in this game, this is the first time I heard about that. But it's not a minus for me, as I love most action-adventure games on DS that do a good job with stylus control. Phantom Hourglass, Dragon Sword and DB: Origins are some of my favorite games, so this is good news for me, as long as it works well.

Either way, the premise of the game is what has had me so curious to play it -- that and the fact that it's developed by the folks who gave us the FFIII remake, which I really loved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?