Auto renaming Gamecube for Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Haloman800, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    So I've got about 100 GC games, is there any way to add them onto my HDD without manually moving and renaming each one? I'm looking for a solution similar to Wii Backup Manager.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    there was a tool, specifically for dios mios, it had some options like alignament and IIRC some kind of compression
    however it was in crediar's website which is now dead...
    that tool would output a game to the right place (creating the 4-5 char folder and name it game.iso)
    but still, it was 1 game at a time IIRC... however made the job easier

you may want to switch to nintendont.. dios mios is dead and nintendon't has gotten better

3. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Migles, thanks for the info. In fact I did switch to Ninendont thru WiiFlow. That being said, they still require the naming convention, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    @migles you're thinking of DMToolbox. It works with Nintendont as well (speaking from experience)

migles likes this.
  5. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    i don't think so.. i think the only requirement is a subfolder with just 1 iso ( USB://games/name of folder/gamename.iso)
    check on the thread i linked for more info... there is also a wii u thread which should be the same

@TotalInsanity4 yep... i used for both actually, dios mios was more bitchy... but if it setup works on dios mios most likely will work on nintendont...
    but nowadays nintendont recommends using 1:1 dumps without using DMToolbox or others...

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
  7. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I noticed Nintendon't recommends 1:1 images but even games with audio streaming like Crash: Wrath of Cortex work trimmed as long as it is aligned with DMToolbox and auto alignment seems to work fine.

So far, I have had no issues using Nintendon't with the files DMToolbox spits out and the naming convention is fine although I rename mine to match the game rather than straight game ID.

I see no reason wasting ~1.4GB on something like Animal Crossing when it is ~40MB trimmed regardless of how much free space I have.

8. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    @Haloman800
    i tagged both of you to let you know my findings
    if you use DMTOOLBOX with a 1:1 option (and skip xneek files) it outputs the exact same file, there are no conversions or modifications it just copies the iso to the right place with the right names
    i checked the sha-1 and md5 values, they match the input and output files...

this means you can safetly use dmtool box as an easy way to put the files in the right place if you check the right options (1:1) even if nintendon't thread warns you not to...

btw @driverdis how do you rename the games? you search the game code and copy paste?

9. Zonta85

Zonta85 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2007
    Italy
    Ascoli Piceno
    For Nintendont you can simply create a folder with ANY name you want, even "folder one", "folder two", "folder 3" ecc. I use to rename them with game name and region, for example "Metroid prime 2 Echoes (PAL)". The only thing that matters is that the .iso inside is named "game.iso" (and "disc2.iso" if the game is on two discs) that you can simply copy (or cut) and paste from windows, no need of use dmtolbox or other programs.
    I really don't understand all these problems.

10. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    So I didn't need this specific naming convention, only game.iso/disc2.iso, huh. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

11. Zonta85

Zonta85 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2007
    Italy
    Ascoli Piceno
    If you use nintendont
    Yes but if you use usbloader gx, the boot process of the loder will be speeded up a lot if in the name of the folders you have the title id because they will be readed from the folder name instead of opening the iso, reading the id, closing the iso.

Is not necessary (especially if u use nintendont directly (without a gui loader) that reads the game id from inside the iso) but if you use a loader and you have a lot of games the speed will be dramatically improved.

Y have 190+ Gc games in my hardndrive and on the last two days i had to rename them for other reasons and the booting time is very reduced.

Format must be
    usb/games/Super Mario Sunshine (PAL MULTI 5)[GMSP01]/game.iso
    Or
    Usb/games/anynamedoyoulike[GMSP01]/game.iso
    Or
    Usb/games/putherethenameyouprefere[GMSP01]/game.iso