Misc Australian Mario Kart League: Ladder, Fixtures, Results!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 28,335
  • Replies 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
@Muss, yeah, well, you had many years down the bottom bunch to get that 06 flag, (exactly how you got Judd first time, we got him second time for being bottom 4 lmao) so i'm sure you understand my pain lol, and besides, being a West Coast Supporter, with the loss of Judd/Cousins, i wouldn't want to rub too much salt into the wound, given what your clubs about to go through rebuilding wise lol.
wink.gif

@Elo, next tourney maybe, but i like the tourney situation to work similiar to a conference situation. Team in a conference usually whittle their opponents down till the best is left, and then the best face off in the final. In our situation, we'll keep going till the winners of each group are basically facing off.

@League:

Ladders for WEEK 3 have been finalized. A lot of forfeits, sort of made our start to Week 3 (plenty of races done monday/tuesday) seem a bit harsh.

Ah well, it makes the ladder interesting nonetheless. Means pretty much everyone from Ronnieboy in 10th place up can make the finals, with players ranging from 7 points to 10 points, to 11, 13, 14 and 15. I'll wait till later next week to sort out if we need to hold "point breaker races" if positions are tied (in Vertabrays and Chaazziies case they'd have to, same with Muss and Elo, but not in Beatniks case due to more forfeit games)

We're gonna make some slight adjustments to finals matches, whether its to put everyone out of their comfort zones, who knows, but the changes if anything might given those in 6th/7th/8th more of a shot, or not, who knows.

Lets hope, somehow, we can manage to get 80% of our matches played this week, i'd hope so given the amount of peeps pushing for a finals spot, and even those out of it can make a difference, even with the team Ladder, as Blue Bombs could somehow, if they strung some wins together, finish 2nd.

Cor7ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had my match against MahouMaster, I won 3-0. Muss and I have planned for our match also.

@Muss I feel your pain regarding the Eagles, man...

Cor7ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just played my match against Muss, he won 2-1, well done to him! I won on Koopa Cape. On Mushroom Gorge he knocked me off right at the start with a draft, ramming into me lol. Thats what happens when your small character gets rammed by a large
tongue.gif
then on Wario's Goldmine, a couple of blues, especially a well timed blue that knocked me off the large jump halfway through the course gave him the win. GG's.

Got my 2 matches done on the Monday
smile.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
oO,jerome,u LOST ???
tongue.gif

haha,nice 1 muss
wink.gif

now there might be a slim chance we get second place in team ranking..somehow maybe..i just need to win gainst chaz and ronni with a sweet 3-0 ;D

A

armand66

OP
Heh yeah. I would love to be able to watch matches in MK. In the Rockstars Table Tennis league we had going (2, 16 player leagues/A and B League) we had the same 2 opponents per week, but we used to get 6-7 peeps per game watching, and in some of the grand finals, we had a huge amount of spectators, who were all chatting away and watching the matches like any other sport lol.

MK already has the feature built in, given you can see worldwide/continental races, i would love to be able to have the feature in friendlies.

A

armand66

OP
Bit of a, ok, a WAY off-topic post lol.

My friend code for Dr Mario on Wii is 4569-9716-8860 for anyone thats either bought the game, or installed the PAL wad going around.

Very quick and easy to get into the online games that i played so far, very clean interface as well.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr Mario FC: 0475 1295 4214

Though i dont know how much ill play it, im useless at it
smile.gif

Give me tetris any day

A

armand66

OP
At this point, the only match left to play, is Big Chop vs Ronnieboy. For now, i'm giving Big Chop the FW unless its played tonight, as he's contacted me and hasn't been able to get Ronnieboy to play a match this week.

That still leaves Big Chop 4 points out of the finals though, which is unlucky.

The finals set up, are final though. Now, there were two players tied on 15, and three players tied on 14, but we are ranking everyone based on amount of points, and then if thats tied, we go to wins ahead of forfeit wins. This puts Elo above Bray, and Muss above Chaazziiee, and Chaazziiee above Beatnik.

We no longer have a strict time limit for finals, as we are organizing season 2, so we're not in as much of a rush.

ELIMINATION FINALS
Toads Factory, DS Delfino Square. (Decider=Moonview Highway)

GAME 1: Jerome (1st) vs Beatnik (8th)
GAME 2: Armada (2nd) vs Chaazziiee (7th)
GAME 3: Dan (3rd) vs Muss (6th)
GAME 4: Elo (4th) vs Vertabray (5th)

SEMI FINALS
SEMI 1: Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 4
SEMI 2: Winner Game 2 vs Winner Game 3

GRAND FINAL
Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
beatnik..pls beat jerome
wink.gif

if not i hope i'll get a good chance to get revenge on jerome for my bad performance against him in season
tongue.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well,i was in miserable form and not really up to it.. this time around i'll be prepped to the teeth ;D..first ive gotta get past vert though hehe

Beatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
beatnik..pls beat jerome
wink.gif

if not i hope i'll get a good chance to get revenge on jerome for my bad performance against him in season
tongue.gif

*Laughs* Well that match-up settles my ranking... Hahaha, I kid (...well, not really). I'll give it my best shot Elo!

I'd like to say I'm in training: just ran home from Newtown as I got a quarter of the way and suddenly needed the bathroom (what, too much information?). Next I'll be eating raw eggs and chanting mantras every morning.

I'm looking forward to playing again as I haven't played a single league match for two weeks now due to opponent forfeits.

A

armand66

OP
Beatnik speaks the truth, sadly, he could have finished higher had it not been for so many forfeiting opponents etc, but, first season in, it was bound to happen.

Least now, going forward into season 2, we know who will turn up, who wont, and we can move forward with the commited group.

Charelles game against Big Chop was interesting, a 3-0 her way would have had her facing Elo, Dan facing Bray, and me facing Muss, BUT, she won 2-1 after jumping directly onto a green shell from above, (on the Wario Mines shortcut at the end, which smashed her over the edge lol) which instead left the finals set up the way it is now. Had she lost 1-2 or 0-3, It'd be Chaazziiee facing Jerome, with Beatnik playing me lol.

Can see people pumping some 80's classics in training now:

Eye of the Tiger, Your the Best, Highway to the Danger Zone, lmfao.

Hmmmm, nah, "Your The Best" IS THE unofficial official song for the Mario Kart finals.

Why? Because Mr Miyagi says so, thats why.

PS. The dude fighting at 1.22 in that video, has no business being at a Karate tournament, looks like he'll have a heart attack if he don't make it to the closest kfc....lol.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Havent seen Dan here on the board in a while. Maybe ill get lucky and he will forfeit his match against me
smile.gif

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ha, wasn't it you muss that beat jerome 2-1 ? I think i'm the one in need of a forfeit win here !

Looking forward to racing again though, haven't faced an opponent in over 2 weeks so i better get practicing.

Trying to get our bowser semi played tonight if possible, so jerome and elo, how does today 5pm AEST sound ?

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh but i got lucky there. Dont forget you beat me in round 1 3-0
smile.gif

Looks like neither of us are willing to forfeit. Oh well we'll have to settle this the old fashioned way.

A

armand66

OP
We've now got some finals and tourney finals going on.

ATM, to finish the 1v1 season, we have:

ELIMINATION FINALS (Toads Factory, DS Delfino Square, and Moonview Highway if needed)
GAME 1: Jerome (1st) vs Beatnik (8th)
GAME 2: Armada (2nd) vs Chaazziiee (7th) Armada Wins 2-0.
GAME 3: Dan (3rd) vs Muss (6th)
GAME 4: Elo (4th) vs Vertabray (5th)

We also have to set up a BOWSERS CASTLE TOURNAMENT final, which will involve:

Armada
Beatnik
Chaazziiee
Vertabray
Jerome
Elo

And finally, due to the Red Mushrooms and Red Lightning finishing top 2 for teams, we're going to be having a team final, but we're not sure of the format for it yet. Might even involve some 1v1 Balloon Battles in a knockout format, for something different.

EDIT: SEASON 2 is being set up atm, it will involve only 12 players atm (unless we push for 2 more teams) with 6 teams, of 2 players per team.

season-2-teams.gif

The way we've set things up for season 2, involves going through all the cups in MK Wii, with 3 players per race. You cannot race against a team member in the fixture i'm writing up. We have the option of adding players and new teams if needed.

An example for week 1 of season 2 is:

MUSHROOM CUP
HEAT A: Jerome, Big Chop, Armada.
HEAT B: Elo, Beatnik, 2cb2ct7.
HEAT C: Chaazziiee, Dan, Vertabray.
HEAT D: MahouMaster, Muss, TBD.

SHELL CUP
HEAT A: Chaazziiee, Armada, Muss.
HEAT B: TBD, Elo, Dan.
HEAT C: Jerome, Vertabray, Beatnik.
HEAT D: 2cb2ct7, Mahoumaster, Big Chop.

By doing Season 2 with 3 players per cup, we are able to play full 4 race GPs.

If for example, in the MUSHROOM CUP, HEAT A, Jerome comes first, Big Chop Second, and me third, points would be, Jerome 3/Big Chop 2/Armada 1.

So, everyone is guaranteed a point for a race, but claiming second places will be key, if not as important as firsts.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmm,ok
tongue.gif
..sounds complicated..im sure i'llg et it once weve started..
btw,when is season 2 starting?? cause i'll be away from the 11th june till the 14th juli overseas
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1