australian bushfires

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so far about 110-120 people have died due to the bushfire recently, that is still going, i only post this to see what people will say

i will probably not reply due to other things in life but one of my best-er-est friends grandmother chose not to leave er house even though bushfires where in the area since her husband build the house and had already previously passed away, and the recently found a body......it may be his uncle or his grandma,
frown.gif

i will probably not reply due to other things in life

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was on the internet last night and it was at around 36-40 but then I wake up this morning and it is over one hundred. I guess it must have been that they had searched in the houses that were on fire previously.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ouch, yeah been seeing this on the news all today, I lived for awhile near some of those places I'm just glad we didn't live there long. Problem is the fires just move too fast. So people try to stay behind and save their house then they give up and think they can just drive off. But problem is the fire is spreading faster than they can drive helped with 200 km/hr wind gusts and they just get caught out and crash or the car catches fire which may result in the former. It's sad to see but some of those death's could've been avoided had people been not so stubborn about saving their house and yes I know alot of those deaths were unavoidable and happened due to unfortunate events (to stop people flaming me for being naive). Hopefully they get put out soon.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skyman747 said:
Havn't experienced anything in the scale you guys are dealing with. Only fire hazard I have been a part of were the California Fires of '03, which really just got me a week off of school and a trip to disneyland.
Lucky, don't think we got off school.

Though I don't remember it.

Good luck though.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Talaria said:
Ouch, yeah been seeing this on the news all today, I lived for awhile near some of those places I'm just glad we didn't live there long. Problem is the fires just move too fast. So people try to stay behind and save their house then they give up and think they can just drive off. But problem is the fire is spreading faster than they can drive helped with 200 km/hr wind gusts and they just get caught out and crash or the car catches fire which may result in the former. It's sad to see but some of those death's could've been avoided had people been not so stubborn about saving their house and yes I know alot of those deaths were unavoidable and happened due to unfortunate events (to stop people flaming me for being naive). Hopefully they get put out soon.
You nailed the bullet on the head. The fire are outstripping helicopters and as such, when people are told that the fires are 10km away, it can take only 10 minutes to reach them

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I just can't believe how quickly it's moving! On the news they had a woman on the phone, she starts screaming and gets fucking burnt to death!
frown.gif

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
Did it rain at all up there today anyone know?

I'm down in Tassie and it was a wet one, probably would have been more help up at those fires.

@skyman747 (or any other american) - Wasn't there some big fire over there last year? I think I remember us having to send heaps of fire crews over to help? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD