Homebrew Aureinand or 10.7 battery drain problem?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ahh I actually just replied before reading the whole thread. 4 pages is a bit much for the lazy. I did read page 3 and 4 now and the thing I just get out of everything is that his battery is 'leaking'. Not in the sense of actually losing stuff. Some of the cells just failing on him. He could probably fix this with the retro battery in the freezer trick.

Something else that could be going on is that he doesn't have it turned off at all and is playing gba games. Even if you put the 3ds in sleep mode it will just continue to drain the same amount as when its turned on.
Yeah I experienced that just recently. Was playing minish cap while waiting for my Chinese takeaway. When it was ready I forgot to choose the sleep option in the menu, I just shut it. Later in the evening I wanted to play before bed but my red battery light was flashing at me, despite having three bars when I shut it.

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I thought i was the only one with this problem! Hi guys, im also have this problem and idk why this is happening! Everything changed when y A9HLoaded my Old3ds to aureinand and my battery duration was halved! I always used a Pega Battery like for 1 year (and never have a battery problem) even the last day i used HomeHax it least all the day off (like 8 hours) between plays and sleep mode always with the Wifi on power save on, with youtube least 4 hours on Bright 3 power save on, but when i A9LH my 3DS, i was so happy qwq after a few Aureinand and-other-stuff updates, i started youtube to watch some Earthbound/Undertale OST and i have a playlist off 8 songs (each one like half-hour duration) normally, at the ending the 8th one my 3ds start flashing red and i charge it, but now my 3ds started flashing at half of the 5th one! I thought was paranoia, so i only charged it. Today, i was playing on my work like all days and at the half (4 hours) it was on red! That worries me and i shouted down until i finish. Again idk whats this is happening, i heard the battery least 30% more cus the sysnand loading instead of Emunand sd reading, but now my battery least 50% less! Im to lazy to read the 4 pages of this post, if anyone can resume me why is this happening, ill be so grateful :c

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id rather just let this kid have a shitty battery than keep dealing with his ignorance.. tbh.
Telling people its not so bad to be wrong.. but then refusing to acknowledge any time hes wrong - especially when being rude to people trying to help.
OP isnt even troll. Just rude-ass know it all, cause he found a few articles from Apple that arent even in his 1st language.
Pass on trying to get through to THAT.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought i was the only one with this problem! Hi guys, im also have this problem and idk why this is happening! Everything changed when y A9HLoaded my Old3ds to aureinand and my battery duration was halved! I always used a Pega Battery like for 1 year (and never have a battery problem) even the last day i used HomeHax it least all the day off (like 8 hours) between plays and sleep mode always with the Wifi on power save on, with youtube least 4 hours on Bright 3 power save on, but when i A9LH my 3DS, i was so happy qwq after a few Aureinand and-other-stuff updates, i started youtube to watch some Earthbound/Undertale OST and i have a playlist off 8 songs (each one like half-hour duration) normally, at the ending the 8th one my 3ds start flashing red and i charge it, but now my 3ds started flashing at half of the 5th one! I thought was paranoia, so i only charged it. Today, i was playing on my work like all days and at the half (4 hours) it was on red! That worries me and i shouted down until i finish. Again idk whats this is happening, i heard the battery least 30% more cus the sysnand loading instead of Emunand sd reading, but now my battery least 50% less! Im to lazy to read the 4 pages of this post, if anyone can resume me why is this happening, ill be so grateful :c
Not to sound like a broken record but it sounds like your battery is bad. If battery performance is getting progressively worse in such a short time then your battery is faulty.

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Regardless of my statement, it doesn't discredit my advice. You asked for help and we all gave the same answer. I am pretty sure if a community can agree that it sounds like a battery issue, then it sounds like a battery issue. Instead, you acted hostile towards everyone without even attempting to test out the battery. You are the one who chose to ignore troubleshooting advice and now you are the one nitpicking statements in some strange attempt to discredit everyone trying to help you.

Yes, I mentioned that I wasn't completely correct, but it's still not advised to leave any electronic plugged in for long. There is always a chance for something go wrong, even a simple short can happen. Although, most of the time when something does go wrong, it's often the result of leaving the battery plugged in for days to weeks or faulty wiring.
Do you even read that big post? The point of it is to show that i didnt even reply rudely to people. Seriously point out where and which line i seem to be rude up to that point. Like i said b4, "i need to do more test" is smt i said way early on. I said no to bad battery bc i have my reason but somehow you just ignored it and continue to tell me it's the battery without addressing it
Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it false.
I've had my 3DS since December 2011 and battery life on it is still pretty much just as good as it used to be then... and it doesn't randomly lose all its charge in a day while powered off like yours does. The only time this would happen, was when I kept it in sleep mode all day with my DSTwo inserted which is a -massive- battery drain. That was the only reason why it was always flashing red by the end of the day, being in sleep mode the whole time.

Heck, I've had my Gameboy Advance SP since like, what, 2004? And it doesn't even come -close- to having the kind of problem your 3DS has. Battery life on my SP are just fine, and it's been sitting there powered off for weeks and rarely used, but battery in it isn't discharged.

Same for my DS Lite... had it since December 2006, and it doesn't even come close to what your 3DS is experiencing.

Finally, I would recommend you read up on what fallacies are, because even assuming what she said there was false, it does not in any way discredit anything else.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_fallacy
And? You can show me it's true then? Your gba battery is as good as new? sure so as mine but not in the way she said it. Trust me if you read that part you will get what i mean, the way she put it and plus the fact that she's a technician.

An English teacher?
Physics, why would you think that it's english, im suck
Ahh I actually just replied before reading the whole thread. 4 pages is a bit much for the lazy. I did read page 3 and 4 now and the thing I just get out of everything is that his battery is 'leaking'. Not in the sense of actually losing stuff. Some of the cells just failing on him. He could probably fix this with the retro battery in the freezer trick.

Something else that could be going on is that he doesn't have it turned off at all and is playing gba games. Even if you put the 3ds in sleep mode it will just continue to drain the same amount as when its turned on.
Yes it could be leaking but somehow you are the first person to said that. Last night i already read it on battery university. The things is i dont even know if the play time is indeed shorter or just a placebo effect.
Seriously if Crystal suggest the idea of leaking after my reason then i would agree with her wholeheartedly, stfu then do my test to see if it was true but instead it turns to this

Edit: about the leaked. If i have 3 bars of battery and i let it sit for like over 12h and still show 3 bars, does that rule out the leak or i need to let it sit more?

Id rather just let this kid have a shitty battery than keep dealing with his ignorance.. tbh.
Telling people its not so bad to be wrong.. but then refusing to acknowledge any time hes wrong - especially when being rude to people trying to help.
OP isnt even troll. Just rude-ass know it all, cause he found a few articles from Apple that arent even in his 1st language.
Pass on trying to get through to THAT.
Then prove me im wrong? You insulted me by saying that im a know it all then prove it rather than just saying? You probably didnt even read what i said and just feel it right? Point me out 1 thing i said in this thread that is not true and provide the source for it just like i did with the apple article. Who is the kid here mr.passingbythinkheisbetter?

Last edited by Kingofknights,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe someone with a lot of consoles that they intend to install a9lh on should do some experiments - test all the batteries fully in many different ways, then install a9lh and repeat the tests to see if it's any different.
Or OP can run a battery of tests (haha) and then flash a pre-a9lh sysNAND backup and run the same tests. Same with the guy that just replied.
By the way I put the OP on my ignore list, it's great, I recommend it! It is funny seeing people reply to him in an annoyed way and not know what prompted it.

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not to sound like a broken record but it sounds like your battery is bad. If battery performance is getting progressively worse in such a short time then your battery is faulty.
I dont really think so... btw my friend borrowed me his 3ds for A9HLoad it, im going to full charge it and then drain its battery with youtube at 5 with power save on, then ill hack it and use the exact programs ido and check if the problem its the battery or not

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CHALLENGE: POINT OUT 1 THING I SAID IN THIS THREAD THAT IS NOT TRUE AND PROVIDE THE SOURCE FOR IT
Need to do this bc somehow this thread is filled with uneducated ppl who dont know anything yet their mouth is so big. Prove it that you know what you are talking about or just another interweeb that like drama
Your siuation is different than mine cuz your true capacity is much less than it was b4 whether in my case its still rocking. It could be that your battery is bad. See? This is how you help, reasonable reasons

D

Deleted-236924

You got us, your battery is fine and there's nothing else to do but suck it up. ;3

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay, help yourself and don't ever ask help again here, everybody tried to help but your eskepticism defeats all of us, your battery is fine, we can't explain how, but maybe there are little goblins that plays with you're 3DS overnight and even when you're not looking :O that drains the battery, nothing more to say because somehow the knowledge of everybody is near to zero to your almightiness, fix the thing alone...

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, help yourself and don't ever ask help again here, everybody tried to help but your eskepticism defeats all of us, your battery is fine, we can't explain how, but maybe there are little goblins that plays with you're 3DS overnight and even when you're not looking :O that drains the battery, nothing more to say because somehow the knowledge of everybody is near to zero to your almightiness, fix the thing alone...
What if the 2nd test was done and it shows that the playtime matched and turn out it's just a placebo effect then? So you say you have knowledge but it's not up to my level? Then show me that, why all "just saying"? Also you are playing the victim game
Edit:
Sorry to bother, but this whole thread sounds like you really do not want to be helped
Nope i react to every help.
Someone said i might have a placebo effect and i said that could be it
Someone said i should do more test and i agree
Someone said my battery could be leaking and i also agree
Someone said my battery is bad and i said it was fine so stop that bad battery advice pls bc it's still good and somehow they ignored it and kept on insisting that it's the battery like they dont know anything else to say.....wait a minute

So im the one at fault here? Oh i forgot, the source for this is this thread. Again, am i said anything that is not true in this? Since it's on this thread it's easy to oint out right?

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What if the 2nd test was done and it shows that the playtime matched and turn out it's just a placebo effect then? So you say you have knowledge but it's not up to my level? Then show me that, why all "just saying"? Also you are playing the victim game
it doesn't even matter, just go and fix the thing, you already stated that we don't know what we are talking about, so enlight us. I'm not playing the victim i'm just waiting for your ego to drop down a bit, i have to work with people like you everyday, so i don't care. As things goes you're just proving that what everybody said was right.

if you need help, dial the number on my sig.

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CHALLENGE: POINT OUT 1 THING I SAID IN THIS THREAD THAT IS NOT TRUE AND PROVIDE THE SOURCE FOR IT
Need to do this bc somehow this thread is filled with uneducated ppl who dont know anything yet their mouth is so big. Prove it that you know what you are talking about or just another interweeb that like drama

Your siuation is different than mine cuz your true capacity is much less than it was b4 whether in my case its still rocking. It could be that your battery is bad. See? This is how you help, reasonable reasons
Do you think i would spend my time on a large post on my not first language only for drama?! How can internet be that sick?! No, im not a polemicweeb, im here cus i see this thread on the first page and was related to my (paranoia?) so i came here explaining my problem to see if the problem was solved, but now i find that all you guys think its the battery! Batteries dont ruin day-to-day and i want to know what happened thats all. Im to lazy to record all this and still dont care if you believe me or not, i just came here to hear a solution, but instead of that you think its fake! If anyone more have this problem, ill record it or something like that stuff, but until that, im just a "interweeb"

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ok @Kingofknights use the time you have to reply the post on doing every test and report back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you think i would spend my time on a large post on my not first language only for drama?! How can internet be that sick?! No, im not a polemicweeb, im here cus i see this thread on the first page and was related to my (paranoia?) so i came here explaining my problem to see if the problem was solved, but now i find that all you guys think its the battery! Batteries dont ruin day-to-day and i want to know what happened thats all. Im to lazy to record all this and still dont care if you believe me or not, i just came here to hear a solution, but instead of that you think its fake! If anyone more have this problem, ill record it or something like that stuff, but until that, im just a "interweeb"
short things short, do every test i stated before and report back too, i believe you are more reasonable than OP can follow the instructions better than OP.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kingofknights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok @Kingofknights use the time you have to reply the post on doing every test and report back.

short things short, do every test i stated before and report back too, i believe you are more reasonable than OP can follow the instructions better than OP.
I'm studying and watching this drama, for the 2nd test i'll just leave the 3ds there to see if it leaked. Lion self-discharge 5% in the first 24h so i'll also take that into account

CoopLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Thanks man C: im going to do that on a while, im waiting the 2 3DS are fully charged. They depleted its battery at the same time and i charged them at the same time also. Im going to see which one its the first on be fully charged. My friend´s 3ds uses the original 3DS battery and the mine uses a Double capacity battery. This must be kinda related on the charge time, but idk if this affect the battery draining. Could you post me instruccions?

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks man C: im going to do that on a while, im waiting the 2 3DS are fully charged. They depleted its battery at the same time and i charged them at the same time also. Im going to see which one its the first on be fully charged. My friend´s 3ds uses the original 3DS battery and the mine uses a Double capacity battery. This must be kinda related on the charge time, but idk if this affect the battery draining. Could you post me instruccions?
Double capacity batteries should obviosly charge longer and get discharged even longer than original 3ds batteries, fully charge the double capacity one and swap them between consoles, if the battery lasts longer in the other console then the original one just got descalibrated and is charging the double capacity half the way and detecting it as a normal battery. For further instructions navigate through pages 3-4 i think my posts are there. Chances are that the battery wasn't at it's full capacity when it was being jailbreaked (?), so it detected the that the quantity of energy left in the battery was actually it's full potential.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv