Not open for further replies.

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempest Stormwind

Why do u lock ur news topics on the main page ? afraid of comments ?
you do know that your news posts are lame don't you ?
u deserve getting flamed for the amount of stupidity in them OOOHHH new demos == BS

do you really think people who pirate GBA games care about PC GAME demos ?

put out some real news like umm

The_Sims2_AlcoholClone-CLONEGAME.
Burnout_3_USA_XBOXDVD-USA
Silent_Hill_4-USA-XBOX-RETAIL-DAGGER

u'll prolly ban me for posting my opinions bc it seems to happen to just about everyone.

Discussing my opinion should not get me banned! vote on it. I bet you no one cares tell us whats new in GBA or shut up.
-kiczek

kiczek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you see, that's the problem. He might be a good guy on the channel, but he's an ass here. What happens on the channel, stays on the channel. What happens on the forum, stays on the forum. They are both completely seperate.
you my friend are a freaking idiot
channel and website == ONE ENTITY GBATEMP

not this bullshit everyone is slinging about... the website was created to complement the god damn IRC channel not the other way around. when a whole bunch of NEW MODS who POST WAY TO MUCH decided hello lets take over and make the website lame :-P

you should be judged on everything you do. speechles registered a new nick to get a rom from someone on this Forum big fucking deal.

Unforgivable BAH nothing is unforgivable short of killing someone and i don't think anyone committed suicide over anything speechles said.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
correct it isn't a warez site, it's an irc channel and it acts somewhat like kazaa, napster, etc (but technically not the same, just a few similarities that are obvious in file sharing)

speechles is the banned :/

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Why do you find it so hard to let go of the forums? You obviously prefer the Channel. What do the forums have to do with you? Sure by all means be a member here, but why don't you step back and realise that the only thing directly tieing the forums and irc together is the name. Some of the mods here may be ops on the channel, but that doesn't mean that the forums should be run like the channel. Just think of both the forums and the channel as two different places; how most of us forum goers see it. Then look at your posts again, now you'll see how ridiculous they are.

gmidnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not this bullshit everyone is slinging about... the website was created to complement the god damn IRC channel not the other way around. when a whole bunch of NEW MODS who POST WAY TO MUCH decided hello lets take over and make the website lame :-P
GBAtemp.net was started in mid to late 2002. It wasn't even a forum. It was just a place to download the latest rom releases.
#GBAtemp was started when it was decided to take the roms off of the site.

djnaff

Trophies
Website
adrenalin23.co.uk
XP
Country
People dont let go of the forum coz there part of the gba community
QUOTE said:
Channel. What do the forums have to do with you?
Just coz alot of people dont post here every day does not mean we are nothing to do with you.
the IRC channel sees its self as part of the forum and has never said it sould be run like the channel

it seems to me like we are being cast out and the forum just coz we dont post here

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gmidnigt has it right (except for the one minor detail that we didn't get the .net extension until much, much later).

Luse posted multiple key threads here that show the channel emerging from the boards.

Face it, the channel was made from the boards, not the other way around.

And like it or not, they are separate entities now.

This is a fully legal site. We have no affiliation with rom distributors. However, there is no restriction on our members -- they can distribute as they see fit, but it's not part of this site.

Kiczek, get your facts straight before posting an inane and flaming tirade, okay? Speech registered that nickname to circumvent a ban, despite that his given reason (to reach me) is easily accomplished off of the forum. This is against our rules, and as a result the double-account is banned and we are even less likely to consider removing his own ban.

Why don't you people realize this after about five or six tries? The channel and the board are NOT the same damn thing. Furthermore, the board is run by the board rules, and there are no exceptions, regardless of who you are.

If anything was forgivable then the law would be pointless. Your stunts could have been forgiven the first time. Subsequent times means that congrats, you're a repeat offender. Simple logic.

I know I must seem like an ass to you now. This is a sign that my patience has worn thin. Actually take the time to read some of these posts and you'll begin to see why (I'm sick of repeating myself).

And my apologies to the forum regulars for this.

[EDIT -- DJNaff: "the IRC channel sees its self as part of the forum and has never said it sould be run like the channel" -- Then please explain why everyone on the channel believes they can get away acting like assholes here. Furthermore, we've made it clear that the forum is not a part of the channel in any way, and vice versa. This was the understanding, as I've seen it, for ages, until Speechless decided to do his little stunt with the admin control panel. If you insist on seeing your channel and the forum as related (beyond a common history), then the fault is yours.

You are not being ostracized due to posts or anything. POSTCOUNT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING on this forum, contrary to what you think. You are acting like idiots because you assume that we are the same when we're not. If you want to tell yourself that it's because of the postcount, go ahead and keep lying to yourself. If you honestly want to be accepted, clean up your act a bit, okay?]

-Tempest out.-

djnaff

Trophies
Website
adrenalin23.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
we've made it clear that the forum is not a part of the channel in any way

So was this a admin decision or yours
as far as I know not any of the admin have said this
yes the content is different and has been kept separate due to the reasons I said earlier
but are still the same place.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Forum = operated by forum moderators
Channel = operated by channel ops

known fact= most forum mods are not associated with the channel

Forum = has it's own set of rules
Channel = I'm sure has it's own unspoken rules

Simple fact= If you want to be part of the gba community on the gbatemp forums you must abide by the forum staff rules, written or unspoken.

Simple fact 2= If you want to take part in gbatemp channel activites you must abide by the unspoken rules of the channel

Most of the channel goers in question, have taken it upon themselves to break the forum rules. Thus resulting in a ban. Now why all the fight? Just because your part of the channel does not mean you are above everyone else, that is just arrogance.
We don't hunt down people who use the channel on the forums. You can come from the channel for all I care. It's just that when you break rules (such as 'bad' behaviour, flaming, insulting members etc.) you will be punished by forum moderators with suspensions and bans. Now this whole thing is coming from the people in question being too arrogant to accept their ban which they deserved because they broke the rules.

AnTi-WaR

those who make mistakes blame themselves and close
Trophies
Website
emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
Drama Drama Drama damn gbatemp hasnt changed a bit.

dont ya love it heh
smile.gif

but besides that comment I could careless if it is or isnt the same. hell it really doesent matter you can argue all day and both sides would have good points its just best left alone. as far as speechles banned i can offer my 2 cents since I just read what he did hell I have did worst shit than that on gbatemp and I didnt get no ban,suspension not even a damn warning

djnaff

Trophies
Website
adrenalin23.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Angelical_1 Global Moderators 5-November 02 594
Costello Global Moderators 24-October 02 1213
CrazySka Global Moderators 24-October 02 188
djgarf Global Moderators 24-October 02 1066
mole_incarnate Global Moderators 3-November 02 2501
stryk Global Moderators 18-April 03 656
KiVan Admin 23-October 02 2209
shaunj66 Admin 24-October 02 2967
Thug4L1f3 Admin 24-October 02 2524

yes are all irc ops

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:

Angelical_1 Global Moderators 5-November 02 594
Costello Global Moderators 24-October 02 1213
CrazySka Global Moderators 24-October 02 188
djgarf Global Moderators 24-October 02 1066
mole_incarnate Global Moderators 3-November 02 2501
stryk Global Moderators 18-April 03 656
KiVan Admin 23-October 02 2209
shaunj66 Admin 24-October 02 2967
Thug4L1f3 Admin 24-October 02 2524

yes are all irc ops
Lets have a look at the active members shall we?:

Costello
djgarf
stryk
shaunj66

4 active channel & forum goers out of the big list of 20 gbatemp forum staff.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol, DAMN. This thread is STILL active?

Why the hell does everyone sit here and fight with eachother about this nonsense? I mean, the internet is a large place. Why not share it? People who don't like Gbatemp, shut your mouth & leave. People who like it, stay for as long as you want, permitting you're not an idiot.

Damn hell, I'm getting extremely tired of all of the bullshit that every member on the site that "dislikes" Gbatemp provides. You're like cranky Veterans or something. "Back in the day, when Gbatemp was...".

Just shut the fuck up already!

Happy trails.

.:Edit:.
Leave Tempest the hell alone, he ain't doin anything wrong.

AnTi-WaR

Trophies
Website
emuxhaven.net
XP
Country

Why the hell does everyone sit here and fight with eachother about this nonsense? I mean, the internet is a large place. Why not share it? People who don't like Gbatemp, shut your mouth & leave. People who like it, stay for as long as you want, permitting you're not an idiot.

Damn hell, I'm getting extremely tired of all of the bullshit that every member on the site that "dislikes" Gbatemp provides. You're like cranky Veterans or something. "Back in the day, when Gbatemp was...".

Happy trails.
Thats not a good way to say it I mean your just pretty much adding fuel to the fire. Ok in real life half of us look at war vetrans as hero's and a good role model and we respect them but the other half look at them as useless old cranks who need to be put in a home. IMHO I think if we were all st0ned we would be eating pie and getting along.

w00t

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Happy trails.
Thats not a good way to say it I mean your just pretty much adding fuel to the fire. Ok in real life half of us look at war vetrans as hero's and a good role model and we respect them but the other half look at them as useless old cranks who need to be put in a home. IMHO I think if we were all st0ned we would be eating pie and getting along.

w00t
Aye, then let the lot of you get stoned, so long as you stop the fucking fighting.

Happy trails.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, I bit my tongue when k0r opened his big mouth, when speechless pissed all over the place again, when they were banned the first time, when they came back. I've tried to be positive, I've tried to come up with easy solutions that might be based on compromise but never the less would work on a board without ego's. I've tried to talk rationally to people I can't stand to begin with, I tried in vain to get the forum and channel to work together, and also resigned due to all this irc forum bullshit realizing that this shit will never end mostly because the irc gang are thick head assholes and KiVan doesn't give a shit...

By that statement I do not mean any and all #gbatemp visitors/ops, just the ones who choose to constantly shit on this place, and whose actions are questionable. You never wanted anything to do with this place before speechless tried to punk me, and now you all pour out of the wood work just to start shit (look at the name of this topic and the first post) and then say you have always been here.

I also know that this post is all for naught and that more then likely the views expressed with in are going to ruffle a lot of feathers, but considering nobody higher then supervisor will step in because they either want to remain impartial, or they are never bloody here I’m going to open my big bloody mouth one last time….

Kiczek read this topic here:

BIRTH OF #gbatemp

In fact any IRC jackass who wants to make claims that the channel came first, read the above...

Now stop claiming made up bullshit, if you listen to speechless he'll tell you he makes the world go round... that doesn't necessarily make it so...

Every mod your pissing on now was here then, they all know this, where the hell were you? You seem to know two things, Jack and Shit, and Jack left town...

What's wrong, is that poll on the front page proving that the people who visit this site want jumpman's news to stay on the front page? Is it that Pie has almost as many votes as "no"? Is that humble pie I smell, but your too pig head to just let things be, so you have to find more things to attack?

This place has been fine since 2002, without input from the irc pot heads whose brains cells amount to nothing, and this place will be fine without any of you spouting all this inane blather. And I know for a fucking fact that if the channel and this board split this place would still go on, it doesn't need you...

So go sit on irc, make fun of everything this place is, and everyone who dares to tell you to piss off, but get one thing straight...

Any idiot with a rom cart can dump a game, any idiot with a internet connection can find a rom, and any idiot 30 year old pot smoking jackass can think he's king shit, but that doesn’t ever mean that they are needed, important, or the only source for anything.

Yeah, that's right, every single claim to fame, or respect you want people to give you for “what you do” is crap that any jackass can do, so stop blowing the smoke up your asses and realize your all expendable nothings.

You don't make the games, you don't produce the games, all you do is rip 'em off, and that doesn't take a damn bit of common sense, talent or skill... And the great thing is, if you all get pissed and quit, there are billions of people left who will find a way to get the same things your doing now done. So get off the high horse come down to earth and grow the hell up…

Speechless has made his bed, he even went so far as to say he only acts this way on here because he's pretending to be something he's not, and everyone from irc knows the real him.... Sorry to break it to you speechy-poo but what you read is what you get, I'm the same on here that I am in real life the only difference is you would have been picking up your teeth the moment you threatened me, and nobody would have said shit but "well he asked for it"....

The thing is while I would have liked speechless and all of you irc children to get your heads out of your ass and try and work with the forum, and to try and make peace all that got me was mocked by little pissant named K0R. None of you seem reasonable unless your agreed with and that's just not going to fucking happen. So get a clue, get a life and more importantly keep your lame asses on irc, where like minded idiots pump your head full of shit and then make you think you have something to say about what goes on here...

You don't...

Every single mod on this board deserves their place here from Shaun to Tempest to djgarf, to jumpman, all the way down to the support crew, not a single one of them are Nazi's. If anything they take too much shit, any other place would ban people who argue with mods. The staff have all supported this board in more ways then stupid little roms ever could, it's the people that matter not the crap on the front page...

djnaff - For the last time, post counts do not bloody matter. Ya know for someone who claims to always be around this place but never post, you must not have seen the hundred or so "I was banned from IRC" topics where each and every time the words " The channel and the forum are two separate places if your banned from the channel go talk to an op" are said, followed by a topic closed...

Anyone whose been here even for just a few month knows this...

Disclaimer: I mean every word I said, I always have and always will. This was written in utter disgust and contempt for those who do not know their place, those that think too highly of them selves and can't get over being handled or treated just like anyone else. If this offends anyone? Good! You needed the wake up call... If I lose every friend I've made over this I still don't regret a single thing I've said or done over the last few years I've been here, life's too short to waste wondering what to do...

AnTi-WaR

Trophies
Website
emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
the problem is half like weed and the other half like booze and booze leads to violence,fighting and drama so no matter where you go drama follows only cure is a gun and a bullet
smile.gif

EDIT: Luse the people without the people there would be no gbatemp irc and board downloading games is what keeps them both open. although the board has drifted away from that if it wasnt for the games and the people You nor I would be here.

I aint sayin that the irc makes the board or rules it I am just stating a fact.

I may be a drug addict atleast I dont hide I aint ashames of it I am what I am I am AnTi-wh0re

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, there are some things tolerable, and others not.

What you just did, "asswind", or whatever asshole who doesn't like gbatemp you may be, is inexcuseable. Personally, I consider Tempest to be a friend, although I hardly speak with him. He's a nice guy, and you sit there and walk all over him, simply because you are as your name implies, wind from the ass.

Pathetic.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
BAM!

topiclocked.jpg

Now shut up you little shits (refering to all who didn't post anything constructive)

Luse pretty much sums up everything well, and I'm very glad to have a friend like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol