Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Waze0613, Feb 17, 2018.

1. alba93

alba93 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    France
    sorry for this noob question but does it burn efuses when you update your emunand firmware.
    I don't use auto RCM and i'm a bit afraid of a boot error because of mismatching burnt efuses while booting to stock
    thanks

2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    No, booting CFW (using hekate, fusee-primary, anything except Nintendo's official bootloader which runs when you turn on without going to RCM) skips fuse checks/burning.

3. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    If you keep a backup of your nand you don't need it. I once bricked my emunand with a nsp with brick code, so keep a backup and you will be fine.

4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Does that telemetry redirection feature of Atmo avoid Horizon from logging any things (at least for all logging activities that are known as of now)?
    If yes I should be able to
    1. play online on stock
    2. reboot into Atmo
    3. use Homebrew (Checkpoint)
    4. reboot into stock
    5. play online
    and they never find out I even turned my Switch on for the steps 2 and 3?

Of course I would use Checkpoint only to do things to savegames that could have been done while playing offline.
    I'm not planning to alter any online Splatoon ranks or stuff like that (if even possible).

Last edited by lordelan, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:02 PM
  5. SciresM

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    Atmosphere disables all error reporting.

It currently does not touch prepo/srepo telemetry, though that's an eventual TODO.

PHiLiPZ, Lacius and lordelan like this.
  6. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    So it would be fine for me to inject a Mew into my Let's Go save without worry of being banned? I currently use emuMMC, but thats one thing i want on OFW but wouldnt want to get banned over it.

7. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    You would probably get banned from the game.

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You probably won't be banned if all you're doing is using Checkpoint to give yourself a Mew, but it's your risk to take.

If you're paranoid and you have online play, I'm sure you can find someone willing to trade you a Mew. If you know someone with another Switch, you could also trade a Mew from your emuNAND to someone else's game (offline), and then have that person trade you the Mew on your sysNAND (offline or online).

9. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    It's useful if you want sysnand low for software exploits and emunand latest to run all games