Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Waze0613, Feb 17, 2018.

1. bajul

bajul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Indonesia
    please help me
    i want restore my nand but i dont have rawnand.bin but i have PRODINFO.bin from autobackup atmos

how to make new rawnand.bin?
    i just restore nand from another switch before backup my rawnand.bin

2. switchnell

switchnell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Philippines
    Thanks. How do I go about doing that so I can switch to SX/Atmos using same file based emunand/mmc?

3. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    You have to rename the SX OS emuNand Image data to boot0, boot1, 00, 01, 02 etc. (without file extension) and copy this data into the folder emuMMC / SD00 / eMMC. It is important that the archive bit has been set for the subfolder "eMMC", where the image files are located.

You can not use the nand of another switch. That would inevitably lead to a brick! Nands (eMMCs) are always console-bound

Last edited by Muxi, Aug 16, 2019
  4. switchnell

switchnell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Philippines
    If i do that the SX OS will stop working because the sd files will be on different folder already.

5. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    You would like to use the SX OS emuNand under Atmosphère, or did I misunderstand something?
    You also have to copy the data from the Emutendo folder to emuMMC / SD00 / Nintendo
    and create an emummc.ini in the emuMMC folder that contains the following entries:

[emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x0
    path=emuMMC/SD00
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Using file-based is apparently still unreasonably slow on atmosphere, so seriously consider switching to partition, you can make a setup that way that will work under both cfw without having to change anything each time, and you'll get the best performance. There's probably a guide for converting your file-based emunand to partition.

7. switchnell

switchnell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Philippines
    I agree and I was using partition based for both atmos and sx seamlessly. The only reason i switched to file based is because i want to have android as well on same sd card.

8. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    You may have bricked your Switch if you restored a nand from a different Switch.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    It's possible to have android and partition emunand on the same SD. There are going to be tools to help with this pretty soon probably.

10. switchnell

switchnell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Philippines
    I would like to be able to boot both SX OS and Atmos using sd file based emunand by SX OS.

11. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    That's possible, but for that all data has to be twofold on the SD card. EmuNand Images for the SX OS and Atmosphère, as well as the two content folders (Emutendo & emuMMC / SD00 / Nintendo) I also use these two CFWs including their file based emuNands on my console, but I'm still waiting for an optimization of the emuMMC variant. It would be desirable if the speed were at the level of the file-based SX OS emuNand.

12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You can configure the path for the Nintendo folder for atmos emunand, so I see no reason you couldn't set it to Emutendo, to save duplicating. But between having to duplicate the emunand image files, and the SLOW performance of file based under atmos, I'd really go with the partition option.

Muxi likes this.
  13. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    Right, I did not think so ... but otherwise it would be possible to use different content.

14. akira022

akira022 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    I have an i-patched with 4.1 and got atmosphere up and running just fine. I don't think I ever power it off just sit it on the cradle to sleep. Will that cause problems in the future? Also, since I cannot get directly in RCM and have to use fakenews to get to cfw.....is running the payload fusee bad while in hekate or cfw(i know not to set auto boot)? also, is there any hope for ipatch switches to get booting similar to the 3ds bs9?

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    At most, leaving in the dock at all times might cause the battery to degrade a bit faster(?), besides that it should be fine

Running other payloads with hekate is fine (assuming the payloads aren’t bricker payloads of course :P). Also autoboot in hekate is fine (it just automatically loads one of your hekate configs when you launch hekate), what you want to avoid is autoRCM, that’ll brick your system.

Anything like B9S is extremely unlikely to ever happen even on unpatched consoles.

16. Derrin

Derrin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    Madrid
    As Binding of Isaac Afterbirth cheats don't work with the EU version (TID:01005B9002312000, BID:148657004cd52eaf), I'm uploading my own file in case somebody needs them. They're the same as the ones from Maxcheats, only with the correct bid.

Sorry, I meant to post this on the Cheats thread. Somebody please delete it ^^U

Attached Files:

Last edited by Derrin, Aug 19, 2019
    hippy dave likes this.
  17. switchnell

switchnell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2019
    Philippines
    It seems to be a waste of sd space IMHO not like partition based where you specify the sector start and nintendo path.

18. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    Oh, space problems I have not with my 512 GB SD card. I've had 4 emuNands on my system at times when I was a tester for the emuNand Switcher.

19. kazuki_chan8

kazuki_chan8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2019
    Malaysia
    Sorry if this unrelated, anyone know how to fix my time in the hbmenu? Mine shown wrong time in the homebrews.

20. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    It shows a different time than the Switch homescreen?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted