3d3dspix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya everyone.

Over the past couple days I compiled and converted about a couple hundred stereoscopic images into the file format of the 3DS! They show off the 3DS's 3D screen rather nicely.

The images include screenshots from:
-Mass Effect
-Mass Effect 2
-Bioshock
-Rainbow Six Vegas
-Assassins Creed
-Oblivion
-Call of Duty Modern Warfare
-Call of Duty World at War
-Crysis
-Crysis Warhead
-Lord of the Rings Online
-Prince of Persia
-H.A.W.X.
-Batman Arkham Asylum
-Fallout 3
-Left 4 Dead
-A few landscapes, objects, etc.

It's really easy to pop these onto your 3DS and take a quick look at them, and I'd really appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you all ^^

Cool 3D 3DS pictures
Just download that ^ , unzip it, and follow the simple instructions in the Readme

and don't forget to turn the 3D on
tongue.gif

3d3dspix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:

I saw that right after I made my thread -_-

I just saw ThE MaSTeR 3's similar thread for 3D movie screenshots and figured I was in the right place. If it makes any difference they're not pictures I've taken, but ones I converted for you to put on your 3DS. I'll add the link to the thread you mentioned either way.

Sorry bout that.
mellow.gif
Maybe possibly they're awesome/unique enough to deserve their own thread? /hopeful
I'll leave that up to the discretion of the mods. Check them out in the mean time
biggrin.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a look at them all.
Quite a mixed bag.
Some of them are really nice, but a lot of the ones from games are ruined by the HUD slicing through the 3D objects. HAWX, LOTRO and AssCree are the worst offenders.
Some of the Mass Effect ones don't work properly. There's just a flat image of characters conversing with the conversation HUD floating in 3D in front of them.

Of the landscapes and stuff, most of them work well, but a couple are a bit off.
The snowy mountain one is far too deep to be viewed comfortably, and the pinecone one (9510) is not correctly aligned which makes it very uncomfortable to view. You could probably fix it with the Auto Alignment function in Stereo Photo Maker.

Anyway, how did you go about making all these? I wasn't aware that all those games supported 3D output.

Edit: Also, check out my 3D photos too if you get a chance. http://www.3dporch.com/users/spiritofcat is where you can find them all. I'd love to get some feedback on them.

3d3dspix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
I had a look at them all.
Quite a mixed bag.
Some of them are really nice, but a lot of the ones from games are ruined by the HUD slicing through the 3D objects. HAWX, LOTRO and AssCree are the worst offenders.
Some of the Mass Effect ones don't work properly. There's just a flat image of characters conversing with the conversation HUD floating in 3D in front of them.

Of the landscapes and stuff, most of them work well, but a couple are a bit off.
The snowy mountain one is far too deep to be viewed comfortably, and the pinecone one (9510) is not correctly aligned which makes it very uncomfortable to view. You could probably fix it with the Auto Alignment function in Stereo Photo Maker.

Anyway, how did you go about making all these? I wasn't aware that all those games supported 3D output.

Edit: Also, check out my 3D photos too if you get a chance. http://www.3dporch.com/users/spiritofcat is where you can find them all. I'd love to get some feedback on them.

I'll post a tutorial on how I did it in the next day or two.

I appreciate the criticism. As for the HUD thing, I personally thought that was kinda cool. You can sorta fantasize about playing some of these games on the 3DS, no matter how unrealistic that fantasy may be. Thats why I included some with the HUDs and some without. so everyone can see what they like. and I agree the pinecone is messed up XD i just didnt go through the trouble yet of fixing it. They may not all be the uber top notch 3d quality you'd like to see, but for throwing together about 130 images over the course of a couple days I thought they were good enough to share.

I'll check yours in a bit and let you know what I think. gotta head out right now though

Thanks,
Pat

3d3dspix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loserkidsblink182 said:
I linked you in the "share your 3DS" sticky. Hope you don't mind.

You know what would be GREAT? You know what would make you a LEGEND?

Put these bad boys in 3D.
nayps3.gif

I will name all of my children after you.

*amazing OOT pictures*

Hey. First off, thanks a ton for including me in the sticky! I'm honored.

Re: the zelda pics: unfortunately, to make the 3D pictures I have I used preexisting Stereoscopic images, the ones you cross your eyes to see. So sadly I can't make the Zelda pics you linked 3D :C. and trust me. I want to see them just as much as you do. the OOT remake was 90% of the reason I bought a 3DS. Though I cant make any promises, I will do some searching and see if I can find some 3D zelda material to work with. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'm still working on that tutorial, just busy this weekend. It's not like it's in depth or anything, I'd just like it to be nice and complete with pretty pictures and everything when I make it, so bear with me on that.

Lastly, I apologize again for the pinecone XD. I realized it was wrong and added a note, but forgot to remove it from the final zip. so just skip that one lol. Due to the drivers that captured the screenshots of these games, my source material was not perfect and thus there are the minor defects in some of the 3d images. I made a note of this in the readme. I included these pics though because they were some of the best of the material I looked through and I thought they had redeeming qualities despite the defects.

ANYWAY sorry for my lengthy posts
rolleyes.gif
and thanks for viewing
Pat

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
AndreasSE said:
Made the Water Temple picture 3D for fun.
It's not perfect but at least it looks 3D.
unsure.gif

As 3d3dspix said it's impossible to make good 3D pictures from a single 2D picture.
Nicely done for a 2D to 3D conversion.
One little problem though, you put the left and right images the wrong way round in the mpo file so it comes out with the depth inverted.
I've attached a fixed version.

Attachments

• ZELD0001.MPO
    137.9 KB · Views: 378

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
AndreasSE said:
unsure.gif

As 3d3dspix said it's impossible to make good 3D pictures from a single 2D picture.
One little problem though, you put the left and right images the wrong way round in the mpo file so it comes out with the depth inverted.

Thanks much to both of you, it looks great!
smile.gif

AndreasSE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
AndreasSE93.webs.com
XP
Country
spiritofcat said:
AndreasSE said:
unsure.gif

Thanks. That version does indeed look much less straining on the eyes.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AndreasSE said:
If you get excessive free time, would you be willing to convert the other pictures as well?
smile.gif
I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) would be grateful.

AndreasSE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
AndreasSE93.webs.com
XP
Country
Stephapanda said:
AndreasSE said:
If you get excessive free time, would you be willing to convert the other pictures as well?
smile.gif
I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) would be grateful.
No. They take too much time to make. It's not that easy to separate everything into layers and aligning them correctly (just look at his feet; one is missing a part and the others have messed up bubbles all over the place (hate those bubbles)).

I have fixed the image so it looks much better on 3D Porch (other one looked awful there) and fixed the left/right problem spiritofcat pointed out and re-uploaded it:

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
3d3dspix said:
Heya everyone.

-snip-

Cool 3D 3DS pictures
Just download that ^ , unzip it, and follow the simple instructions in the Readme

tongue.gif
Dude, Kotaku and goNintendo (among others) put up articles and links to that file today.

You're famous now. Well done!
yaynds.gif

(We need a :yay3ds: so bad
frown.gif
)

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
Snailface said:
3d3dspix said:
Heya everyone.

-snip-

Cool 3D 3DS pictures

tongue.gif
Dude, Kotaku and goNintendo (among others) put up articles and links to that file today.

You're famous now. Well done!
yaynds.gif

(We need a :yay3ds: so bad now
frown.gif
)

Im downloading them now and im hoping to get some good depth quality pictures!
If they are THAT popular its a must see then :3

*edited* wasnt paying attention
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn